DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

20 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Surprised that Bandai didn't just recycle the Frontier mold with a few tweaks for Delta, like they did with the YF-29. 

Then again they still haven't even giving us all the super parts, so maybe it's not so surprising. 

Delta suuuuucks! :diablo:

The show or the Valk designs?  I actually like the designs myself.  But I can see why other people might not like them.  My heart will always belong to the original VF-1's though.

I own the EX Alto ,the RVF Luca , and the Maruyama. (Don't have the canon fodder for obvious reasons). And they're all awesome.  I don't transform them much, but they all display well and don't explode when you look at them.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, NoctisTalem said:

So I recently got a VF-171 Alto, and it’s giving me difficultly with the waist transformation joint. When I put it into position and try to push it in it won’t go all the way. And it flops out of position when I even move it. Is there a fix for it?

Only VF-171  Alto ver has those problem can't do much for it except thigten it up. The rest of the ver has been addressed.

On 7/24/2022 at 3:30 AM, NoctisTalem said:

So I recently got a VF-171 Alto, and it’s giving me difficultly with the waist transformation joint. When I put it into position and try to push it in it won’t go all the way. And it flops out of position when I even move it. Is there a fix for it? 

When I was messing with my VF-171CF I had the same kind if problem IIRC.

The connection of the forward fuselage and the backplate was never secure and the toy only would hold together when the parts were held together by the stand.

One day I was messing with it again it snapped together solidly and didn’t come apart. So I assume it is possible to lock them together properly.

Sadly my VF-171 are all in storage right now so I can’t go back and check.

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

oh freaking hell yeah!!, I always wanted one this but always stopped from buying one cause the issue of the breaking legs.

The alto/first release afaik with my copies really had no issues other than becoming floppy and yellowing over time. The 171EX NM Plus Canon Fodder (Blue/teal) ver had the broken shoulder triangles (LER?)... pretty much all the black plastic used on that release.

I think they corrected the issue with the subsequent releases for the Alto and Luxa PBJP Idol versions.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

4 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

It's this reason I try to avoid white plastic toys... 

As much as I would like to avoid them, sometimes they only come in white. The best case scenario is if the white is painted and not just bare plastic so that way it doesn't yellow. But for these valks, the white is usually just bare plastic.

However, my PG Unicorn model kit from 2014 I think is still as white as day 1, and I didn't paint or even topcoat it. It's just bare plastic. So I wonder why the white plastic on that one has held up all these years while my other stuff has yellowed. I blame it on the styrofoam packaging.

If they resolve the breakage issues and the floppy joints, I’d be all over a CF version.

Plus, if it yellows, it’s already teal.  So, we’d hardly notice! 😁

Edited by Mog

Based on google translate of that image, this will be Revival version with matte plastics, no surprises here.

The armor parts will have new tampo markings.

Hopefully there will be other, yet to be announced improvements.

Edited by MKT

23 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

However, my PG Unicorn model kit from 2014 I think is still as white as day 1, and I didn't paint or even topcoat it. It's just bare plastic. So I wonder why the white plastic on that one has held up all these years while my other stuff has yellowed. I blame it on the styrofoam packaging.

This is a huge annoying aspect of Bandai plastics. Even cheap HG Gundam kits stay pristine white over the years, but the pricey toys yellow easily.

I sometimes think Bandai purposely build-in this obsolescence into their toys.

I have always wanted one, but was never able to get one! I am excited that they are offering this again!maybe they will release this, and if it sells well, the Delta Cannon Fodder one, by that time, they were all block III with the VF-19 engines and EX-Gear, right?

Twich

Revival CF from Frontier should be the version best received by collectors:

1. Unique teal colour. Also yellow 'resistant', providing the yellowing is even all around. My copy has yellowed but I didn't even notice until I took it out from display, even then it was a pretty nice shade.
2. The angular cockpit canopy design. Small difference but somehow visually makes a world of difference to the rounded ones on the hero schemes.
3. The triangles! Bandai should never underestimate how many fans want an updated copy to replace the old broken ones or those who never transformed theirs (like me) for fear of breaking them.

But this being Bandai, they are remarkably hesitant to release non-hero schemes now, even secondary hero ones get the short shrift. We still waiting for Chuck's 31E super parts?

But yes, those awful swappable wings should go. They were not toleranced well, such that at least one wing if not both will always have a sculpt-breaking gap against its wing root in Fighter.