Not a Star Trek fan. Would pick the lameness of Star Wars over it any day. Though with the prequels it's on par.

However I truly enjoyed the last film, and very excited for this one. Wonder who the new villians will be?

Trek Movie is my source for info (used to be Sci Fi Flare but certain Individuals-of-dislike kinda made me move on from that dying* forum). at least from the pics seen, the lead villian is human, at least...

*Your Milage varies, applies here

Meh. I never cared for the rebooted version, so I really don't care for this one, either. And I know that probably puts me in the minority.

Don't worry you ain't the only one. ;)

The reboot was lacking that underlying theme/allegory on the human condition that's usually found in all of the good (read: even-numbered, except for ST Nemesis) Trek movies.

I'll give JJ credit: he can write and film a tight plot. But there's something about his style of story-telling or the substance/content of his stories that I personally find lacking.

Just re watched the last one and I still like it, left me thinking where would they take the series now seeing as they have effectively erased all of the original series and TNG etc. At least with some of TNG that is a good thing.

I'll give JJ credit: he can write and film a tight plot. But there's something about his style of story-telling or the substance/content of his stories that I personally find lacking.

He is very Steven Speilberg in directing.

Edited by Omegablue

I'm excited, and also see no need for a SW Vs ST fight, because SW would clearly win as Voyager is far gayer than Jar Jar...

Lol, Keith think about that one for a second. At least Voyager had Jeri Ryan in a suit that hugged her body so tight she passed out in it. And then there's Jar-Jar.......

Jeni Ryan is ugly as sin, no matter how sin-tight her suit was, continued fail. Also, Neelix is at least 5 times more annoying than Jar Jar, so annoying even his wife left him.

Yes but Keith, the producers redeemed themselves by booting him off of the ship in the final season and stranding him on a planet somewhere (I don't remember where, I wasn't feeling it or watching it then). As for Jeri being ugly? I dunno about that one, man. I certainly wouldn't mind a chance to probe that drone...

Yes but Keith, the producers redeemed themselves by booting him off of the ship in the final season and stranding him on a planet somewhere (I don't remember where, I wasn't feeling it or watching it then). As for Jeri being ugly? I dunno about that one, man. I certainly wouldn't mind a chance to probe that drone...

Perhaps I should have been more speciifc, "fugly." :) As for Neelix, 6 seasons of annoying with 1 off doesn't top Jar Jar's ultimate smackdown of being the direct force causing the fall of the republic. That's hilarious irony!

Despite the design of the new Enterprise (which I've accepted finally), I'm just hoping we see more of Starfleet in terms of starships.

I don't know, the bulk of the fleet did have its ass handed to it in the last one.

Either love it or hate it JJ Abrahams has done to Star Trek what Russell T Davies did to Dr Who, with out those two both properties would be just relegated to the bargain bin and something fondly remembered by us old people on the internet and in pubs and bars across the lands.

(...) and something fondly remembered by us old people on the internet and in pubs and bars across the lands.

and comic shops. I remember one store in my hometown that was so fed up with it, they had a sign on the door: "no Star Trek talk".

I'm not sure if I want to see this upcoming one. I still haven't gotten around to seeing the "reboot". Ultimately, I'm still undecided if I want to see something that basically says "forget about everything you've seen before". I'm fairly certain that with a bit of creativity, they could've done an origin story without pressing the reset button...

... anyhow, Star Trek vs Star Wars? Both franchises are great, IMHO, but they both pale to Macross! Macross is teh sex!

and comic shops. I remember one store in my hometown that was so fed up with it, they had a sign on the door: "no Star Trek talk".

I'm not sure if I want to see this upcoming one. I still haven't gotten around to seeing the "reboot". Ultimately, I'm still undecided if I want to see something that basically says "forget about everything you've seen before". I'm fairly certain that with a bit of creativity, they could've done an origin story without pressing the reset button...

... anyhow, Star Trek vs Star Wars? Both franchises are great, IMHO, but they both pale to Macross! Macross is teh sex!

The fact that they stuck up a big middle finger to the muddles mess the original canon was and still made a ton of money should tell you something. Watch it!