The White Drew Carey 2.0 (totally off-topic, but after 10 years of loy

May I present Macross' newest female ace pilot: Vibeke Penny Sorley.

Delivered via emergency c-section at 4:01am CET, February 16th 2012 and weighing in at 2.58 kg (5.7 lbs).

Mrs. TWDC's water broke Wednesday night at about 10:15pm, and things moved fast from there. 35 1/2 weeks, so a little early.

The baby was in a breach position and contractions were getting too strong and too frequent, so the medical pros decided to get her out the fast way. All precautions for supporting a premie were put in place, but baby Vibeke is doing so very well that she was quickly removed from the incubator and allowed to chill with mom and pop. Mrs. TWDC is damn tired, but is doing well, too.

Vibeke (pronounced VEE-bih-k[uh]) is an ancient Norse name that derives from the same root that gives us the names Vivica and Wiebke. In Norse it has two meanings 'Alive' and 'War Fortress', symbolizing strength and perseverance through challenges and great hardship. This name also represents the strong nordic heritage of my wife and, to a lesser extent, myself (I got a lot of Irish in me, too).

Penny was my mom's name.

Sorley is TWDC's real last name. Silly, huh?

MW is probably the one and only online fan forum that I feel a connection to on a level that equals friendship with a lot of the members. So I am sharing these blessings with you all, to complement the blessings that I hold knowing all of you.

post-179-0-81909500-1329438197_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. A crazy new world I am joining, but it is just awesome as before, only this time with little people.

And, apparently, they'll let you keep typing even though it won't show. So...

"Totally off-topic, but after 10 years of loyal service, I think I am allowed to break the rules this time."

I never really wanted to be a dad, says me, father of 3 little girls!

When my first child sat down with me and watched a Hayao Miyazaki movie, was enthralled, and wanted more... I realised there are some things that transcend generations, boundaries, and emotions. You have some amazing times to look forward to. Remember, what you put in now for the next dozen years or so will pay huge dividends when she's older. Best wishes, and congratulations!