MacrossWorld Convention 2012 Information Thread

Hi MW,

Just wanted to give my final thanks to several key people that made this MacrossWorld Convention 2012 possible:

Tony (xstoys) - thanks for offering to host the convention at your school, Concept Cube Design. This year's con started out by your generosity to host, so thanks for providing one of the coolest venues we've ever hosted MW Con. Cool displays dude

George (Bigkid24) - thanks for being a good #2 Assistant Director for MW Con. I always know i can count on you to make sure everything makes sense when planning the con, and for mumbling a lot during the 1/55 TF contest... i mean... thanks for hosting all those events while i was running around the con!

Ricky (jasonkimberson) - I really appreciate the support you gave in keeping me sane during the planning of the con. You were the voice of reason and always a great supporter and friend. Thanks for all the help setting up and during the con. And special thanks to Mindy as well for helping host Mari!

Pat (Bobe-Patt) - Good job volunteering to come early and manage registration. (although we all know you were there early to get the exclusive fig.... bastid) but you really stepped up to help with collecting all the donations at the door. And thanks for your friend Ritchie (knives) for helping out in the morning as well.

Jason (JasonC) - thanks for securing the awesome posters from Kawamori-san. That was probably one of the coolest items ever donated to support MW Con. And thanks to you and Cheryl for helping out

Daisuke (maiden Japan) - Thanks for bringing more of your items and helping set up the display area. Good to know there are experts handling the toy setups. Thanks to you bro Genta as well

Steve Shin - thanks for creating our awesome flyers for this year's con! Great to have you on board to help out with the creative art and program

Alex (>EXO<) - although you didn't do much, you did enough to get a thanks on here for your promotion of MW Con on FaceBook and on the main site. You helped bring MW Con into the homes of people around the world by having live photo updates through FB. I'm sure you touched somebody's life out there through your work..... and congrats for winning the Customs Contest TWICE in a row. beautiful custom 1/48 VF-1D =]

Shawn (Shawn) - As always, we need to give a special thanks to the father of MacrossWorld, Shawn, for gracing us with his presence and sharing the most unique Macross collection i've ever seen. Macross blow up pool? anyone?? thanks for keeping the site alive all these years.

Mari Iijima - Thank you for attending MW Con for the 4th time. I think this was the best concert you have put on for us and we had a very intimate crowd during your performance. Hope you enjoyed yourself and sold a ton of your new CD's

Sponsors - www.Tokyo-Hunter.com and Satelite Inc. - Thank you for donating Macross items to support our contests and events! We really appreciate your generosity, as do the attendees who won these prizes.

Vendors - AnimeBooks and RoboToyFest - thanks for coming to our small convention and having great merchandise for our members to look at and purchase! having vendors made a big difference in this year's con

MW Con $ Contributors: I don't have the complete list on me, but i'll update this post soon with a full list of all the contributors who donated more than $5 to the con. We greatly appreciate everyone who donated funds to help support this year's con and future MW Conventions

MW Con Item Contributors: Thank you to Norge (Operator7g), Mark (Storms), and James (MrDandy) for donating items which were used in several of our event contests!

Cosplayers: I don't know how they found out about MW Con, but i'm SUPER glad we had some amazing cosplayers this year! We honored their arrival by having an impromptu costume contest. thanks for showing your love of Macross with your awesome costumes!

MW Con Live Art, 1/55 Transformation, and Customs Contest Participants: Another thanks to all the participants for our annual MW Con events. These events wouldn't be possible without your participation so thanks for making our con entertaining to watch!

MW Con Attendees: Last but not least, i'd like to thank EVERYONE who attended MW Con 2012 as we had one of our biggest turnouts in the 11 years of MW Con. Close to 200 people attended this year's con and shows that there is a still a tremendous interest in Macross here in the states.

Until next time..... (if there's a next time for me that is... =]) decultcha!!!

Just to add on to a few more thank yous in addition to KiriK's list.

Dennis (jet660) - Thanks for volunteering with the registration table. You really helped to relieve some of the other guys from having to be there 100% of the time.

Rohby for making the exclusive. Although we don't have them in hand yet it looks awesome.

Jerry (vf1x) for making an appearance and for starting MWcon in the first place back in 2001

And to reiterate, all the attendees both board members and not for making it our biggest MWcon ever and without their generous donations wouldn't have made it possible.

Oh and thanks again to KiriK for being the driving force behind the planning.

Had a blast on Sunday. Great seeing some of you and a pleasure meeting new people! I will post all my pictures later this week since I took around 200 haha.

EDIT: Here are my pictures, same place where I uploaded my pictures from 2009 and 2010.

Great pics....thanks for sharing.....

Who's collection was this?

IMG_7588.jpg?t=1351141948

Would like to ask him or her a question.....

Here's the question I posted for some of the guys involved:

1. What are you happy about?

2. What you want to change?

3. Hopes if it continue (do you want to see it continue)?

4. Who do you want to thank?

If anyone that attended or plans to attend next year, feel free to add your opinion.

I heard there was a 1/48 VF-1J Max w/super parts there on sale. Does anyone know who was selling it or if it was sold?

Yup, I saw it walk right out the door as soon as we opened the convention. I don't know who was selling it or how much either, but for sure it sold.

Had a blast on Sunday. Great seeing some of you and a pleasure meeting new people! I will post all my pictures later this week since I took around 200 haha.

EDIT: Here are my pictures, same place where I uploaded my pictures from 2009 and 2010.

Thanks Char350!

Your pics are great!

A good panel of rare items exposed! Really huge.

Too bad i live in a foreign country...maybe one day, i could give my contribution for rare and original items.

Thanks to you, i was looking for years the cel corresponding to my layout, now i know where it is:

http://img.photobuck...12/IMG_7704.jpg

http://chatnoir.rubb...p?ItemID=217055

Could you tell me what are the paints exposed on the left wall:

http://smg.photobuck...nt=IMG_7620.jpg

akim.

Dunno if you can see this without an FB account.

564111_435975953132298_1101686522_n.jpg

They're just student drawings. Not Macross.

ok, can see that.

Also, smooth link about geekexchange^^

Thanks Exo!

I must admit, between all rare items, original sdf Dyrl artworks, original imai illustration, original shikishis are wonderful.

Can't stop admire them.

Thanks for pics, man.

Edited by akim

Thanks for the thanks. And thank you everyone for making this happen. The con in 2010 was one of the best things I experienced in my new "awful" life. I am always glad and very willing to help out as I can. Would be happy to display more items too. Let me know how I may assist in the future and if I can, I absolutely will!!!

That's what burns me about USPS. I was sent in the same tube, and they had only minor dings and such. Then it gets sent by USPS, and they must've put it through a paint mixer. Sorry to see what happened. I sent you a message on PM on possible solutions.

Thanks to EVERYONE for a great con!

To answer some of EXO's questions:

1. What are you happy about? Macross ONLY convention!!!

2. What you want to change? Perhaps more guests... May'n, Nakajima Megumi, Shoji Kawamori, etc (not necessarily the ones I have mentioned, but you get the point)... to fill some of the "dead" time...

3. Hopes if it continue (do you want to see it continue)? Yes, let it continue!

4. Who do you want to thank? EVERYONE!!!

Lastly, I have a question for the Moderators... Have the Rohby VF-11 exclusives shipped yet? (I apologize for asking this question here... I couldn't find an update for this anywhere)

Lastly, I have a question for the Moderators... Have the Rohby VF-11 exclusives shipped yet? (I apologize for asking this question here... I couldn't find an update for this anywhere)

I don't believe they've shipped yet but xstoys was handling the exclusives so I would hit him up for updates.

EXO: Congrats again! Great writeup on the front page.

Kicker: Ouch!!!

I know scheduling & availability are issues but my only major suggestion is to hold future conventions on SATURDAY which will be much easier for us out-of-town folk. Thanks again to KiriK & all for putting on the con!

Yeah I think Saturday would be better for everyone also.

I guess I should answer my own questions also... let's see

1. What are you happy about?

Pretty happy about everything really. This time I had time to chat and meet lots of people and they were all really cool. Thing I didn't like was I don't remember people's names and I didn't get their screen names but I really enjoyed talking about Macross and collecting and everything. Met up with a lot of people that I only talk to during gatherings, like Gabe Q, Eric (Grapetang), Mitch - forgot his screen name. and so much more. Loved people's displays and you find new things everytime we have one of these.

2. What you want to change?

It was too hot in there. Open some doors! I don't really want to change some things, maybe add more things to entertain people in between raffle and contests. I want to set up things so people on the site can interact with people at the con. Something we touched on with the real time photos. I was thinking a live podcast and real time chat.

I want to see more customs and cosplay... those things are aways great.

3. Hopes if it continue (do you want to see it continue)? Yes

4. Who do you want to thank? I want to thank everyone that made it possible. These guys put together a great show. I can appreciate it more this year that I got to be part of the spectators and I can honestly say it's a lot of work for zero or very little reward. Also to people that donate prizes and cash. These people not only give great prizes for free but they spend their own money sending it to us. And these aren't BS items that they don't want. These are legit prizes that people want to win! I think every Macross fan should attend these things as much as they can. It can only get bigger or it won't last forever.

So who went? By the show of hands , most people said they were MW'ers. Like I said. I don't remember who was who. Next time I'm going to take notes.