Yamato Parts

GobotFool

Hey all I want to order some parts for my yamato 1S. I was looking through the parts list that was provided with the toy and was wondering bout the shoulder parts, it lists the shoulder as one unit, not two seperate halfs, if I were to order this part would the polly caps come with it? also the cockpit on mine is loose in the parts list it looks like the count the whole body unit as one part.

Edited by GobotFool

If it's the 1:60 scale 1S you're out of luck... I tried ordering a new hip piece for my 1J and I tried multiple valks, but HLJ wasn't able to get any of them in... You might try asking in the proper forum here on the MB...

HLJ doesn't supply replacement parts for any Yamato valk's anymore. So you will have to try else where. So, good luck, and let us know if, and where you are able to find a spot that will supply the parts.  :(

I'm not sure if this helps, but I just ordered replacement parts 5 days ago for my Low Viz last week from HLJ, and I just received notice today that they are shipping today! :)

They were replacement parts for the backpack joint. If the parts actually were sent, those guys are lifesavers!

Anyway, I just followed the instructions on this page.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I just ordered replacement parts 5 days ago for my Low Viz last week from HLJ, and I just received notice today that they are shipping today! :)

May I know how much the parts cost you?

I was thinking of ordering a heat shield for customs, but didn't want it to cost me an arm or leg.

May I know how much the parts cost you?

I was thinking of ordering a heat shield for customs, but didn't want it to cost me an arm or leg.

BP7 and BP8 were 1000 yen each, plus 480 yen for shipping for SAL (I live in the US).

That's about $21USD total.

I ordered the original Low Viz from HLJ and it cost about $30USD for shipping EMS. It only took 5 days to get to me from the day the order was placed, but I thought I'd try SAL this time to save some money.

well I guess the mods deleted my topic, so I'll post another plea for help....like some people have already done, I broke the rings that hold the backpack to the valkyrie, and I've tried an epoxy, super glue, and plastic super glue, and so far, none will make a strong bond. Should I just write off my vf-1s, or is there hope?

well I guess the mods deleted my topic, so I'll post another plea for help....like some people have already done, I broke the rings that hold the backpack to the valkyrie, and I've tried an epoxy, super glue, and plastic super glue, and so far, none will make a strong bond. Should I just write off my vf-1s, or is there hope?

read the thread carefully and you'll find answers.

I'm curious about the glue as well. I tried super glue also and it didn't work. You might want to try J-B Weld. It's industrial strength, but a bit messy to work with because you have to mix it before applying. I'll be trying that if my parts don't arrive.

mcbride, where do you think I could buy those types of glue? Gosh, I STILL can't believe I broke it! I've had the damn thing since it first got released, and then, 2 weeks ago, I was just trying to see if I could straighten the backpack a little more, and then, SNAP! I stopped cursing after oh, about 10 minutes. Thank God no one was in the house, sheesh. Anyways, do you think home depot, or ace hardware might carry those glues you are talking about? Thanks for the input, man....

• 2 months later...

It's threads like these that make me glad all of my stuff is MISB. Sure I don't get to play with them, but they'll never break either, plus it sounds like in a couple of years after all of you guys' toys are broke, I'm gonna make a mint selling parts....mwahahahahahaha...ummm, just kidding :p

Most hardware stores that sell plumbing supplies will carry ABS glue, this is a product specifically for gluing ABS plastics together. This stuff will form a permanent bond by literally melting the plastic together and fusing it back into a single piece. As such you must use it sparingly and carefully, it takes 24 hours to dry fully. If you put a big glob of it on your valk it will make an unsightly mess so you have to be careful. When I get home if I remember to look I will try to post the Manufacturers name, but there is no better glue in the world for ABS plastic.