I've only seen positive stuff from people that are seeing the early release showtimes on twitter.

I think this is a stereotype comment. :)

I wish it was.....

The moment I saw Charlie Day as part of the cast i was concerned, just watched the clip with him & Ron Perlman... Ron's his usual self but man its the same Charlie from Always Sunny... of which I can't stand.

But minus that gripe I"ll still go see it for the Robots & monsters fighting!

I'd say both Perlman and Day did about as bad as they possibly could in that scene... and that dialog was pretty terribly written as well (out of context at least). Secondary brains? Like dinosaurs? Did I miss something about dinosaurs? Fortunately, I never really intended to watch this film for the top notch acting and witty dialog.

Edited by jenius

I'd say both Perlman and Day did about as bad as they possibly could in that scene... and that dialog was pretty terribly written as well (out of context at least). Secondary brains? Like dinosaurs? Did I miss something about dinosaurs? Fortunately, I never really intended to watch this film for the top notch acting and witty dialog.

Some dinosaurs had two "brains", one in the head and one in the tail. The theory I had read was that they were large enough that a signal from the head would take too long to reach the tail (before something bit it, etc...). Since modern whales are larger then any Dinosaur ever was I call phooey on that.

Some dinosaurs had two "brains", one in the head and one in the tail. The theory I had read was that they were large enough that a signal from the head would take too long to reach the tail (before something bit it, etc...). Since modern whales are larger then any Dinosaur ever was I call phooey on that.

Around about the late 20's to early 30's, some scientists believed that Stegosaurus had a second brain for reflexive motor control located in it's pelvis. Now a days it's generally accepted that the structure the they thought was a brain was really just a large concentration of nerves entering the spinal column at one point.

Around about the late 20's to early 30's, some scientists believed that Stegosaurus had a second brain for reflexive motor control located in it's pelvis. Now a days it's generally accepted that the structure the they thought was a brain was really just a large concentration of nerves entering the spinal column at one point.

Yup, never the less this idea was also used in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II(not to be confused with Terror of Mechagodzilla, Godzilla against Mechagodzilla, or Tokyo S.O.S.) where the JSDF targeted the "secondary brain" in Godzilla's lower body to paralyze him.

Sigh... and Parasaurolophus used it's crest as a snorkel. There's been a hundred years of science since then. Let it go, people!

BOT: Yay, robots! Can't wait to watch this movie!

Edited by Kelsain

yeah, i agree. at first i thought this was gonna be a sh8tty version akin to EVA but now? Me & the Boy will certainly go. Maybe Ms Fartalot, too...

I've had this idea about the Striker Eureka since I watched the behind the scenes mecha video, but I want to call this now.

Given what the actor said about the Eureka being the newest Jaeger and how its faster and more responsive than the others I think they inserted some biological components of the kaiju into it ala Mechagodzilla Kiryu or Evangelion. This secondary brain thing makes me think its a part of it. So more than likely the Eureka is going to go berserk, and possibly mutate like what happens to the club mariner in godannar.

Edited by renegadeleader1

I've had this idea about the Striker Eureka since I watched the behind the scenes mecha video, but I want to call this now.

Given what the actor said about the Eureka being the newest Jaeger and how its faster and more responsive than the others I think they inserted some biological components of the kaiju into it ala Mechagodzilla Kiryu or Evangelion. This secondary brain thing makes me think its a part of it. So more than likely the Eureka is going to go berserk, and possibly mutate like what happens to the club mariner in godannar.

Nah, I think it's more likely that because it's Australian and one of the best there is, it's going to pick up a bar of soap just when a kaiju is behind it. Can't see it lasting through the whole movie.

In one of the trailers, it looks like Striker Eureka gets EMPd by one of the monsters, and in another shot you see one of its pilots standing on its shoulder while the kaiju circles it. I think it probably gets wrecked shortly after that.

Edited by Syngyne

Man this movie isn't coming soon enough(Yes it comes out next week).

I can't wait too (and I've already seen it) - I want to see in IMAX 3D digital... Guillermo said that's the best format.

I can't wait too (and I've already seen it) - I want to see in IMAX 3D digital... Guillermo said that's the best format.

Sucks for those of us who can't see 3D. Stupid stereoscopic tricks...

I wish I could watch it in a non-3D IMAX format. That would be teh awesomested evar.

Sucks for those of us who can't see 3D. Stupid stereoscopic tricks...

I wish I could watch it in a non-3D IMAX format. That would be teh awesomested evar.

Guillermo said he personally supervised the transfers of the film to the various formats and he did say it included 2D IMAX as well as 3D IMAX and IMAX digital - now you just have to find a 2D IMAX close to where you live.

Every review I've seen so far are quite positive. Very much looking forward to this, but 2D is the only option for me. Last time I saw a 3D movie I had tears running from my eyes, and not from the emotion on display, they really hurt.

I can see how IMAX would be a great format for this though. We only have one IMAX in Sydney though and they don't usually play movies like this there. At least my local cinema is pretty good.

Every review I've seen so far are quite positive.

Considering most are from genre fanboys and most critics are under embargoes which prevent them from posting until next week, I will hold my cautious optimism.

Currently at 75% on RT, but we still have four days until release. Anything north of 60% would be a good sign in my mind, as it's clearly a genre film that doesn't have universal appeal. I'm nervous but hopeful.

I'm already sold. But the main reason I hope it makes a lot of money is so that Guillermo gets more latitude on future movies. I would like to see Hellboy ]|[ and At the Mountains of Madness. Am I bad? ;)

I'm already sold. But the main reason I hope it makes a lot of money is so that Guillermo gets more latitude on future movies. I would like to see Hellboy ]|[ and At the Mountains of Madness. Am I bad? ;)

If it's good, hope it does well. If it's bad, hope it flops. Bad movies doing poorly discourage studios from investing in similar shite. In principle, anyway.