I loved this movie, for a lot reasons, I don't own any of the Neca figures because I heard, uh, mixed things to say the least. That said, my Neca 18" Gypsy Danger is on the way, I'm pretty excited, I'd like an in-scale kaiju to go with it too, but oh well.

edited: Lol there is no 22" Gypsy Danger, I have the 18" on the way.

Edited by Tking22

I loved this movie, for a lot reasons, I don't own any of the Neca figures because I heard, uh, mixed things to say the least. That said, my Neca 22" Gypsy Danger is on the way, I'm pretty excited, I'd like an in-scale kaiju to go with it too, but oh well.

Didn't know NECA made a 22". Thought they only made 7" and 18".

Anyway, moar pictarz!!!

As such, I only have CT and Cherno, but my CT can never do this pose...

DSC_4840_NEF-1.jpg

DSC_4844_NEF-1.jpg

:hail:

:D

• 3 weeks later...

@ treatment: That Cherno fig looks awesome!

I'd just only watched Pacific Rim on DVD.

It's strange how before watching the movie, I had absolutely no interest in the Jaeger toys and found them rather bland. But by the time the credits rolled, I yearned for a Striker or Gypsy Danger. No wonder Hasbro was so into making TF movies.

Still, I've read quite a few mixed reviews on the NECA toys, and was personally underwhelmed by the ED-209 I got. That said, I heard that NECA's done with "budget" Jaegers, and is now making more high-end versions. Depending on how they turn out, I might at least pick up Striker and Gypsy Danger.

Edited by GU-11

• 2 months later...

And a release date too!!!

https://variety.com/2014/film/news/pacific-rim-2-confirmed-for-april-7-2017-release-1201251654/

Woohoo!!! ... maybe now I'll be able to afford some more toys ;)

Hope there's no "Grown Ups 3" this time around... :angry:

And a release date too!!!

https://variety.com/2014/film/news/pacific-rim-2-confirmed-for-april-7-2017-release-1201251654/

Woohoo!!! ... maybe now I'll be able to afford some more toys ;)

Hope there's no "Grown Ups 3" this time around... :angry:

Or Despicable Me 3.

Meh, I thoroughly enjoyed Pacific Room and I'm quite a bit older than a 10 year old. Maybe one has to have a certain level of immaturity to prescribe to that theory.

Oddly enough he has a point with the whole "co-pilot dies, I quit, romance woman attached to the project, comeback, kickass, save day" routine.

It's a similar enough plot point across a lot of action/drama/sci-fi fiction, where that analogy loses steam with me is the "training school"/"best of the best" aspect of Top Gun, which Pacific Rim was none of.

Excited for the prospect of another film and more media, it took balls for Guillermo to move forward with the project to begin with and even more so to keep going after the 'mixed' reaction to the first.

-b.

I absolutely loved Pacific Rim, definitely one of the most entertaining and fun movies I've seen in years, I'm so glad to hear a sequel and an animated film or whatever is on the way! My 18" Knifehead figure is on the way, I can't wait, I'm building a super sweet diorama that replicates the opening battle of the first film as we speak, I've got little helicopters hooked up to LED lights and everything, I'm painting cotton to replica the ocean, oh it will be so sweet!

• 2 months later...

Hey, I'm on auction! In case you're wondering what I actually look like, I'm on the right ID badge.

http://propstore.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/9/lot/1887/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F9%2F%3Fpage%3D2

Hey, I'm on auction! In case you're wondering what I actually look like, I'm on the right ID badge.

http://propstore.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/9/lot/1887/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F9%2F%3Fpage%3D2

Cool! Did you appear anywhere in the film as an extra or anything?

Nah, I wasn't in any scenes. I was there for many of the days of Conn-Pod shooting though, just behind the camera. I did love standing in there and pressing the buttons (hehe).

Yes, I still want decent Pac Rim Toys - the NECA ones just don't cut it.

Nah, I wasn't in any scenes. I was there for many of the days of Conn-Pod shooting though, just behind the camera. I did love standing in there and pressing the buttons (hehe).

Yes, I still want decent Pac Rim Toys - the NECA ones just don't cut it.

There was supposed to be a company making diecast versions but nothing has been shown in all this time...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pre-emptive, thumbs down.

I really wanted to like the original, but it was just horrible. No way to rescue this franchise.

They should just make another movie with another title: Monsters from the Pacific

There, done.