Nukes should have been the answer and you wouldn't have needed big giant robots. Submarines circling off the rift with nuke torpedos hitting Kaiju as they came out should have been just as effective. THEN send in the giant robots.

The question I have is:

Striker Eureka has 6 anti-Kaiju missiles that if it can get off basically spell the end of any Kaiju. Why the hell aren't there anti-Kaiju missiles batteries all around the pacific rim and on destroyers and whatnot? It would have made the wall a much more viable option.

The question I have is:

Striker Eureka has 6 anti-Kaiju missiles that if it can get off basically spell the end of any Kaiju. Why the hell aren't there anti-Kaiju missiles batteries all around the pacific rim and on destroyers and whatnot? It would have made the wall a much more viable option.

Haven't you ever seen Voltron?

When fighting an unbeatable foe, you exhaust every single one of your futile options before forming the Blazing Sword.

The question I have is:

Because Eureka would not have its own gimmick then like the other jaegers have and because you go see Pacific Rim to see giant robots solving world problems punching them in the face of course!!

For a not giant robot based defense we already have boring real life with its automatic sentry guns like that one they plan to use in the South Korea border with the North.

Terrible example using Golion, Golion's weapons actually do damage Death Blacks and Mecha Blacks, they weaken the monsters so that the Ten Kings Sword is a sure fire death and no room for "well dang the sword didn't kill him!". Weaken opponents before finishing them. Of course without pilots Golion just goes on a bloodthirsty rampage with his sword, but that is another story entirely.

1. Why no Japanese Jaeger?

The Japanese Jaeger was the one in Maeko's childhood memory with the shoulder mounted cannon. It was K.I.A. two years after Gypsy was severly damaged in Alaska.

Nukes should have been the answer and you wouldn't have needed big giant robots. Submarines circling off the rift with nuke torpedos hitting Kaiju as they came out should have been just as effective. THEN send in the giant robots.

Effective yes, but that would also completly posion the hell out of the Pacific Ocean and everyone there with cumalitive radiation pollution.

The question I have is:

Back in the Korean and Vietnam wars the US military equipped its jets with ONLY missiles for dogfights. It was a huge diaster with missiles often missing, malfunctioning, and running short on ammo too soon. If missiles fail for whatever reason said missile battery would be dead while the Striker can still wristblade the Kaiju to death.

Missile batteries on walls would be sitting ducks and a complete logistacial nightmare to stock and maintain if spread over thousands of miles in coastline defense zones. Destroyers would not stand a chance againist underwater Kaiju. Submarines with rotatiing turrents might do better though.

You mean like the missile fields in Montana and Wyoming and throughout thousands of square miles of Russia filled with active ICBMs running 24/7 to this day?

Missile batteries on walls would be sitting ducks and a complete logistacial nightmare to stock and maintain if spread over thousands of miles in coastline defense zones.

No I mean like tactical missile battery turrets theoretically perched right on top of solid concrete wall sections and that unload there ammo until the monster of the week falls over dead. ICBMs have the luxury of being hidden away in carved out bunkers as a one-shot weapon for the rare event of nuclear war, but even still are being decommissioned left and right because they are so expensive to fund.

No I mean like tactical missile battery turrets theoretically perched right on top of solid concrete wall sections and that unload there ammo until the monster of the week falls over dead. ICBMs have the luxury of being hidden away in carved out bunkers as a one-shot weapon for the rare event of nuclear war, but even still are being decommissioned left and right because they are so expensive to f

the main reason I see, is that it would make for a boring movie.

No I mean like tactical missile battery turrets theoretically perched right on top of solid concrete wall sections and that unload there ammo until the monster of the week falls over dead. ICBMs have the luxury of being hidden away in carved out bunkers as a one-shot weapon for the rare event of nuclear war, but even still are being decommissioned left and right because they are so expensive to fund.

"decommissioned left and right" by whom? The US has gotten rid of about 100 missiles in the last 30 years. There are still 450 MMIIIs active 24/7.

Why would you need to "perch" them like that? What possible tactical reason could there be for that?

"decommissioned left and right" by whom? The US has gotten rid of about 100 missiles in the last 30 years. There are still 450 MMIIIs active 24/7.

Why would you need to "perch" them like that? What possible tactical reason could there be for that?

Decommissioned by the US military to scale back cost. They don't need as many ICBM bunkers as they used to thanks to upgrades and stealther mobile rollout vechiles kept hidden from satelite view.

Air lifting missile batteries to the roof of the wall is the most practical construction method. The anti-Kajun walls were made with solid concrete over a steel frame with zero portholes or hollow points for weapon placement. Afterall the politians running what was left of the UN had lost there will to fight and just wanted to wall off the Kaijun as cheaply as possible.

LOL

The US uses NO 'stealthy mobile rollout vehicles' unless you count submarines as those. Russia does, but there've been no 'upgrades' or increase in stealthiness. They're train cars that park under mountains.

Why not construct them 25 miles inland? Why is "on the wall" in any way, shape, or form practical?

Decommissioned by the US military to scale back cost. They don't need as many ICBM bunkers as they used to thanks to upgrades and stealther mobile rollout vechiles kept hidden from satelite view.

Air lifting missile batteries to the roof of the wall is the most practical construction method. The anti-Kajun walls were made with solid concrete over a steel frame with zero portholes or hollow points for weapon placement. Afterall the politians running what was left of the UN had lost there will to fight and just wanted to wall off the Kaijun as cheaply as possible.

man, quit arguing abut the nukes. Don't you know... when it comes to nukes... no one wins... :p:lol:

The nuke do. And the cockroaches... don't forget the roaches. :p

Besides, you can't hug anyone with nuclear arms.

Then Death reaches across the table, touches/kills his date in disgust, and asks for the check...

Effective yes, but that would also completly posion the hell out of the Pacific Ocean and everyone there with cumalitive radiation pollution.

Quit listening to green peace. Nukes don't have to be 'dirty' especially the tactical kind that would be ideal to hit a kaiju from a cruise missile or even air dropped B61-11. Low and/or variables set to low yield, 10-100 kt or so.

That said, if you're going to lose your city anyway, hitting it with a W87 or W88 from a Minuteman or Trident should be on the table, too.

The question I have is:

In general, they should be opening up with their ranged weapons and only closing to punch the Kaiju in the face if/when they can't stop it. Should be just as dramatic to have Striker's missiles softening it up and then using the blades and fists to finish it off.

• 4 weeks later...

Quit listening to green peace. Nukes don't have to be 'dirty' especially the tactical kind that would be ideal to hit a kaiju from a cruise missile or even air dropped B61-11. Low and/or variables set to low yield, 10-100 kt or so.

That said, if you're going to lose your city anyway, hitting it with a W87 or W88 from a Minuteman or Trident should be on the table, too.

In general, they should be opening up with their ranged weapons and only closing to punch the Kaiju in the face if/when they can't stop it. Should be just as dramatic to have Striker's missiles softening it up and then using the blades and fists to finish it off.

It's probably to limit the spread of Kaiju Blue, the toxin/disease caused by the kaiju's blood. That or there's so much room in the missile taken up by some kind of penetration aid that it doen't have any kind of guidance package (more likely the former).

Edited by camk4evr

• 3 weeks later...

Welp! Got my first PR jaeger...

DSC_4441_NEF.jpg

It's ok, I guess.

No obvious defects on mine, just yet. That's a good thing considering the stuff I heard about the previous waves. Shoulder-cannons on mine are straight.

Some relatively minor designs shenanigans already posted in other forums. Like limited/restricted elbow-bend and hip-joint ranges. Feet a little too flat. A little top-heavy. Face painted instead of preferrable translucent plastic.

Overall, ok. Just about one degree above meh.

Not sure if my other open mechs are quite ready yet to agree with NECA's design/build decisions on it, tho...

DSC_4463_NEF.jpg

Buckethead Cherno should be delivered either tomorrow or monday.

:D

Welp!

Finally found an eyesore factory-defect on my CT. The right calf have some obvious warped shenanigans. Check the attached pic.

Not sure if running hot water on it will straighten it out. I'll probably just live with it as is, as I'm not really sure if any replacement I get will not have any other warped parts and/or other defects. :(

Also, not sure if this is indicative of all the waves but probably just due to CT's slight top-heaviness, it has a tendency to tip/fall over/backwards by itself, so I give it a wider stance when displayed on my shelf.

post-263-0-27834700-1394393691_thumb.jpg

Well, Mr. Buckethead finally got delivered today.

He's damn awesome! Quite articulated and quite stable. I guess I wish they made his buckethead move independently from his body to add more posability options. But it's all good, nevertheless. That's the design, anyway. The "buckethead" actually can move/turn independently from the main body! Just a little bit side-to-side turning, but it does move!

Ok, here be my pics of Mr.Buckethead...

DSC_4732_NEF-1.jpg

DSC_4733_NEF-1.jpg

DSC_4735_NEF-1.jpg

DSC_4765_NEF-1.jpg

DSC_4766_NEF-1.jpg

DSC_4768_NEF-1.jpg

update/edit: The "buckethead" actually can move/turn independently from the main body! Just a little bit side-to-side turning, but it does move!

tony manero jaeger pose...

DSC_4775_NEF-1.jpg

:touche:

:D

Edited by treatment