Yamato v2. 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

IXTL

This is where we differ. I have all the v2 VF-1's except the weathering versions. I think it rounds out the products look in battroid mode. If I were a new collector of these and bought my first few during the current runs that are all coming with the parts I would begin to expect them. I would prefer a kit of option parts I can buy separately, but that takes me to my next reply.....

I have just about every one of them, with the exception of 3 or 4. If they are going to make these available, I hope they sell them separately from the valks. It'd be nice to be able to get these parts for those that want them for all their valkyries. I can understand having them come with odd colored valkyries, but what can you do. EXO made a set that covered the sides, neck and a seat awhile back ago, and while I don't know how many people bought them, there still seems to be a demand for them. If Yamato doesn't do it, we're left to our own creativity.

A month or two ago, someone had option part sets up for sale on Shapeways, but ordering them resulted in one of those "Shapeway can't fulfill this order because the part tolerances..." blah blah blah refund messages. If someone can nail the design, I'd imagine that'd be the only opportunity we're going to get to purchase these parts on their own.

Yeah Jason, I agree that they should sell them separately. I did want a bunch of the >EXO< sets, but unfortunately I did not get any of them as I was too late.I also would not consider my myself a painter by any means, so I think they would not look as good if I were to paint them. I don't care for the seats as much as I thought I would. I think they are awesome on the VF-1D, but find I don't really need them for all the VF-1's. I primarily want the neck and side covers in the right colors. Plus I like the way Yamato has the pegs that secure the covers using the swing bar locks.

The only reason I missed out on >EXO<'s was because I spent too much at the time on valks. :p

Edited by Loop

I just started collecting the v2 1/60's. Rereleasing the Valkyries with the option parts has helped me get a VF-1D when the original was hard to get. I can only hope that other Valkyries I have missed like the VF-1 S Max or virgin road versions are rereleased with the option parts so I can get them. I can understand the frustration for those who bought the V2's when they 1st came out and now have to buy a new Valkyrie just to get them.

A month or two ago, someone had option part sets up for sale on Shapeways, but ordering them resulted in one of those "Shapeway can't fulfill this order because the part tolerances..." blah blah blah refund messages. If someone can nail the design, I'd imagine that'd be the only opportunity we're going to get to purchase these parts on their own.

Yup... Loop is right... those were my option parts. Even though they've been selling them alright for a while Shapeways decided all of a sudden that the parts were too thin now... I've got to look over these parts and adjust them. I have a couple of things on my plate but I'll post them back up as soon as I "fix" them. I think Shapeways have just become so full of it lately.

Whoah... I guess someone at Shapeways must be on Macrossworld because as soon as I posted that last post I got an email with the description of the thin parts. Either that or someone emailed them. Anyway. My mouse broke and I've already ordered a new one last friday. Right now I'm navigating my cursor with my wacom pad, which is really awkward in my 3D software where I use the middle button and right button a lot. I'll fix it as soon as possible and put up a new thread on here concerning the parts.

Just map the bottom button on the stylus to the middle mouse button and the top on to right - works great for me!

Regarding the description - u haven't got one before? they've always sent me a pic or two or three detailing and circling the parts in question.

i've been getting them recently, but these are parts that were tested, printed and sold before. All of a sudden I get inundated with them and while I was working crazy hours. But this one got my attention because it just popped up even though my parts were taken off line by me. So that means they got alerted somehow. Anyway, this is a quick enough fix. Yeah, I know I can remap my buttons but my mouse should be here soon and I'm working on a different project... should be all done pretty soon. I'll slowly put my parts up one by one and I'll put them on a seperate thread. BTW, your Qrau parts look great, I gotta PM you one of these days and grill you about it... lol.

Yup... Loop is right... those were my option parts. Even though they've been selling them alright for a while Shapeways decided all of a sudden that the parts were too thin now... I've got to look over these parts and adjust them. I have a couple of things on my plate but I'll post them back up as soon as I "fix" them. I think Shapeways have just become so full of it lately.

Awesome! Thanks EXO...

i've been getting them recently, but these are parts that were tested, printed and sold before. All of a sudden I get inundated with them and while I was working crazy hours. But this one got my attention because it just popped up even though my parts were taken off line by me. So that means they got alerted somehow. Anyway, this is a quick enough fix. Yeah, I know I can remap my buttons but my mouse should be here soon and I'm working on a different project... should be all done pretty soon. I'll slowly put my parts up one by one and I'll put them on a seperate thread. BTW, your Qrau parts look great, I gotta PM you one of these days and grill you about it... lol.

Cool cool, no worries - good to get feedback and what not from other CG sculptors.

I wouldn't wanna step on ur toes, by making something that us already available - although I've always wanted to make the open vents version...

BTW, what native 3D program do u use?

I may get a second one of this as well. I'm really liking the color scheme, but I'll wait till the first comes in.

Hell yeah, I was thinking to get a second one because the color is scheme is so bad ass. I hope they make a 1J variant also.

Edited by Loop

Hell yeah, I was thinking to get a second one because the color is scheme is so bad ass. I hope they make a 1J variant also.

Hmmm, the benefits of finally acquiring a credit card for toys only. I really can't wait till this thing is out, which should be this weekend???

I guess many will be disappointed without option parts, but I am digging it.

The color looks fine.

Looks great can't wait for mine. :D Are you 100% sure there are no option parts? When I got my VF-1J they were under the tray, although It's not that big a deal if they have em or not. Would be nice though.

Looks great can't wait for mine. :D Are you 100% sure there are no option parts? When I got my VF-1J they were under the tray, although It's not that big a deal if they have em or not. Would be nice though.

I don't know, I just don't see it from the pictures. Maybe they didn't snap a picture of it, and hopefully that's the case.

Edited by Vi-RS

Arghhh, I think HLJ may have f*cked up my orders. :ph34r: I had pre ordered the DYRL? VF-1A CF version and the VF-1A Cavaliers. The DYRL? VF-1A is showing out of stock and the VF-1A Cavaliers shows as in stock, but I have yet to be billed. I have the paypal merchant agreement setup so they should have billed me instantly. I had them selected to go to the private warehouse so they would ship together...... Sent an e-mail to check on them, hope they did not screw me.

Arghhh, I think HLJ may have f*cked up my orders. :ph34r: I had pre ordered the DYRL? VF-1A CF version and the VF-1A Cavaliers. The DYRL? VF-1A is showing out of stock and the VF-1A Cavaliers shows as in stock, but I have yet to be billed. I have the paypal merchant agreement setup so they should have billed me instantly. I had them selected to go to the private warehouse so they would ship together...... Sent an e-mail to check on them, hope they did not screw me.

Same situation here. :blink:

The squadron name I would assume. SFV-26 Cavaliers, kinda like the VF-103 Jolly Rogers.

I would have preferred you said VF-84 Jolly Rogers, but VF-103 is ok too. :p

I like the dark blue for this VF-1A, I'll definitely pick one up.