Yamato v2. 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

IXTL

Don't tease me. I gotta start savin for the VF4. Gotta think cases. Unlessss these things come with new box art work or etc. Then maybe... Just maybe.

That's why I'm putting like $20/week in a home savings case. By the time preorder for the VF-4 is around, I'm good to go.

They don't sell 1/60 fast packs individually, do they? I'm guessing I'll have to buy a full 1/60 VF with fast packs if I want a this Cavaliers to have them...

They still sell them on ebay... for exorbitant prices. You're likely to only find DYRL versions as well. TV versions are extremely rare.

Interesting post by MyClone. Some people only want different/variant colors or non-mainline colors. I guess we're the freaks of the world man!

Got me dead to rights, man! :) I love Valks, but I'm a bit tired of the traditional color schemes.

Best, MyClone

But, other than the bit of beige for the seat cushions, the option parts aren't painted; they're shot in the appropriately pigmented ABS. Maybe, if the release date has indeed been postponed, they decided to run a batch of side covers color keyed to the Cavalier... here's hoping anyway.

For those seeking even more obscure "official" color schemes from the show to put on a Yamato wish-list: there's the cannon fodder brownies with -1D heads from ep: Virgin Road...

ep25_wedding3.png

There's also a VF-1S with yellow -1J striping, but haven't been able to find a screen cap yet. My guess is: it's the result of just another color-check(?) error, was probably meant to be Hikaru in Roy's inherited Skull-1? But still; it's yet another one-off that could be considered canon--it was in the show, baby!

Edited by reddsun1

You don't like Alien 3??? That's one of my favorites...

I think you might be in the minority. I saw it only once but have never wanted to see it again.

By contrast I've seen Aliens like 10 times...

But anyway - I would not go by Virgin Road for any cannon mechs or color schemes...

For those seeking even more obscure "official" color schemes from the show to put on a Yamato wish-list: there's the cannon fodder brownies with -1D heads from ep: Virgin Road...

Maybe they're Brownie VF-1J's with really badly drawn heads.

Edited by anime52k8

Maybe they're Brownie VF-1J's with really badly drawn heads.

I'd considered that as well. But after a closer look, I think those look more like the squared 1D heads.

vf-1d-headunitmultipleviews.gif

I know: it owes to the time constraints imposed on the show's animators/producers more than anything else. IIRC, some eps were "farmed out" to different studios, and they were under great pressure to meet deadlines for air dates?

Well, here's hoping the push back on the release date also meant that YAMATO's gonna keep the paint scheme for all the parts. Those landing gears stick out like a sore thumb because they're in the traditional off white color.

Well, here's hoping the push back on the release date also meant that YAMATO's gonna keep the paint scheme for all the parts. Those landing gears stick out like a sore thumb because they're in the traditional off white color.

I thought that is the standard in aircraft industries which the mechanics can spot grease or leak from the landing gear bay?