Yamato v2. 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

IXTL

Is the release date set? Just wanted to know if I had some time to wait on HLJ or AmiAmi. I once ordered from ishop2go, but they did not have the item in stock. It took them a week just to check stock then it took 2 weeks to get refunded. I tend to get the feeling they will take your money without the item even being in stock. I have not placed an order with them since though, so maybe it was just a one time thing.

• 2 weeks later...

More official pictures from Yamato:

http://www.yamato-to...il.php?gid=2010

It's still a painted white valk full of scratches but great to see this scheme from different angles.

I wonder how the final VF-1A Cavaliers will look like.

Thanks for the link.

It's still a painted white valk full of scratches but great to see this scheme from different angles.

I wonder how the final VF-1A Cavaliers will look like.

Thanks for the link.

Yes, almost all "official" pictures released by Yamato on vf-1 in the past are painted, but I am positive that all their final products with plastic moulded in colors look identical with the pictures they released.

It'd be too late to take pictures from production test run samples for advertisement these days.

I don't think it's that attractive really for it to become that much of a collectors item. I mean, sure it's nice to see, but I don't care for the scheme myself.

The low-vis was a rarity because it wasn't something anyone expected to see, and people love doing all the time on customs. This one.. no one expected it because it's so obscure, but I've also never seen a custom of this scheme, so I can't imagine it's that popular.

Will this become the next Low Viz 1/48? -_-

Probably....or like the more recent 1/60 stealth VF-1S......never to be re-released again...... :(

Anyway, I will buy any new varient of the classic VF-1....bring on the Alaska Guard next........or the rest of the "unseen" SDF-1 squadrons....... :) ....perhaps if the "cavaliers" sells well, we will get to buy the rest of them.......

Edited by jvmacross

been a while since i ordered anything from the regula vendors (amiami hlj etc). out of the available preorders, do any of them let you pay upon shipment or are they all pay up front (amiami, hlj)? i know bbts is pay on shipment but they are at $165 or so.

Edited by Mechapilot77