Yamato v2. 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

IXTL

Ebay's price seems reasonable so I might just pick one up there. The DYRL CF -1A is the one I've been dying for since the V2s came out. Normally I'd get multiples but meh. Probably should pick up a Cavalier on HLJ while I still can.

Huh, I actually had forgotten about the brown feet on the TV CF version, mine's packed away at the moment. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure all the pieces that are normally dark gray were molded in dark brown for that one.

This one is the main reason I'm sad that we can't get more strike packs released, though. I've got one set for each skull squad member, but I can't equip the CF with a set like that hangar scene in the movie. Actually, I'm mildly surprised we didn't see all three 30th anniversary DYRL releases as strike bundles... I don't think any of those three particular valks were ever shown without the packs during the movie (not counting the ones stowed in the hangars), unless Roy jettisoned his packs at some point.

Got my Cavalier from HLJ. Color scheme is very nice.

However, on their site it says "With Option Parts" and yet I didn't get anything. I've emailed HLJ to ask them but just wondering if anyone else had the same problem, or if I just didn't look close enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Those of you with the Cavaliers, how does it look in person with the CF brown pilot? The prototype had a darker blue uniformed pilot, but in the pics I've seen of the release it has the brown pilot. It just seem a little out of place as the brightness really stand out compared to the dark body of the Valk (in the pics anyway).

• 2 months later...

These can be had on Yahoo Japan for as low as 5,000 yen.

But with middle-man fees and shipping it'll still be $100 bucks...

I wish I had the money right now. I'd like to have more than just the one. They look really great, and a squadron would be even better.

I saw an Elint recently, but no SO. I watch for one for you.

There are M&M valks for 50,000 yen each in case any high rollers are interested...

wow i'm really glad i ordered those immediately on first release...now i think if i i never opened them i could sell them for what is that like $600 each? haha

• 3 months later...

So, does anyone know who might still be selling a Cavaliers?

BBTS does. And the price isn't bad. It's a lot better than what's on eBay and comporable to anything from Japan after shipping.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=YAM10596&mode=retail

I nicked mine off Mandarake - 10000 JPY + about 1800 JPY shipping, decent deal methinks. I initially wanted to buy off this storce called iplamo, but Mandarake was cheaper + a lot of you guys used it before... Now iplamo has the Cavaliers out of stock as well.

Dude, you transform that thing yet? haha