1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

Still waiting for Yamato to announce they'll sell these option parts separately. Prices now are just too much for me esp. when compared to how much i got most my VF-1s 2-4 years back.

Maybe Graham would be kind enough to suggest this to Yamato.

I only really need a couple more side and neck covers... Ok either way if the seats are included or not since i already have the new VF-1D and its the only valk i care to display with those option seat parts.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I agree. I have 1 Valkyrie because that's all I can afford (my self bought anniversary present :rolleyes: ). It's the VF-1J Hikaru (not super) and I bought it for $137 on Ebay. 2 MONTHS LATER the option parts versions were announced and I see them for less money. I'm ticked off because of that.

Edited by Astralith

I only really need a couple more side and neck covers...

I've never done paper craft model building but maybe one of you guys have (or know someone up to a challenge). Has anyone considered making the parts from card stock so that the fold points lock into the Valk just like the plastic parts? From the pics the parts seem pretty flat and angular anyway. The chair wouldn't be possible but the sides and neck might.

Edited by Astralith

Still waiting for the 1S Hikaru on July. Not sure if I should rush into a 1J Hikaru with the option parts since I'm aiming to give it the Armor Parts which has its own set of side covers. Maybe I should just wait for a 1A Kakizaki TV with option parts so that I get to complete the Vermilion team with at least one TV shade of side covers.

Anyway, was the Vermilion team actually without Roy? I mean just Hikaru as the leader with Max and Kakizaki?

Got my TV Roy. Opening the box was sweet.

Thought I would be blinded by the bright white but was not. Glad I sold my only DYRL valk though so the gray I loved is longer around for comparison. Now have the Vermillion Group, the 1D, CF-1A and Skull1.

Will consider getting Cavalier and Alaska Base if they come with option parts.

Just discovered something new about V2 valks - the red and blue shin lights actually lift up making it easier to lower the back landing gears? Nice - how I did not see this before is funny. These should be in the UP position though I assume for taxiing?

Box photos still show rainbow canopy tint, guess they did not want to take new shots. Wish that did not rub off, I liked the canopy colors.

Visor looked nicely green, not too black / dark as I feared. Recommend this figure...

PS - Yamato, please do a line of 1/48 or 1/60 Legioss, think they would sell well for you...

Edited by DarrinG

Just started collecting macross stuff so totally missed out on the previous hlj sale. Thinking real hard if i should get the four VF1S & VF1J 30th anniversary releases coz what i really would like is a super pack bundle to go with them. Anyone got any news of any near future releases of a separate super pack or a bundle?? Should i wait out for the bundle?

Just started collecting macross stuff so totally missed out on the previous hlj sale. Thinking real hard if i should get the four VF1S & VF1J 30th anniversary releases coz what i really would like is a super pack bundle to go with them. Anyone got any news of any near future releases of a separate super pack or a bundle?? Should i wait out for the bundle?

IMO, get them now. Yamato is not known for reissuing SP/SSP bundles. Also, most other sites have sold out the 1D, 1J and TV 1S w/ option parts, so its not a sure thing that any of the option parts reissues will go on clearance at HLJ.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Better get them now if you are new in getting the V2. Someone asked about the standalone strike/super parts not too long ago, my japanese is poor but I don't think the answer is positive.

https://twitter.com/...740321201799168

本来個別の在庫のお問合せにはお返事しかねるのですが)アーマーパーツは完売して久しく、絶版ではないものの予定なしな感じです… RT: @yamato_toys 1/60スケールのアーマードパック(単品)の在庫は御座いませんか?もし無ければ再販や受注生産などの予定はないでしょうか?

Better get them now if you are new in getting the V2. Someone asked about the standalone strike/super parts not too long ago, my japanese is poor but I don't think the answer is positive.

https://twitter.com/...740321201799168

本来個別の在庫のお問合せにはお返事しかねるのですが)アーマーパーツは完売して久しく、絶版ではないものの予定なしな感じです… RT: @yamato_toys 1/60スケールのアーマードパック(単品)の在庫は御座いませんか?もし無ければ再販や受注生産などの予定はないでしょうか?

Bing translator didn't do to much to clear that up either.

Is the original correspondence to individual inventory inquiry ) armor parts is of the long sold out and out of print is not going without feeling... Bed RT: @yamato_toys 1 / 60 scale armored Pack (car) inventory is not available? If it doesn't is the resale or production orders scheduled there?

Edited by Benson13

Bing translator didn't do to much to clear that up either.

Is the original correspondence to individual inventory inquiry ) armor parts is of the long sold out and out of print is not going without feeling... Bed RT: @yamato_toys 1 / 60 scale armored Pack (car) inventory is not available? If it doesn't is the resale or production orders scheduled there?

Anybody care to clarify???

...Is the original correspondence to individual inventory inquiry ) armor parts is of the long sold out and out of print is not going without feeling... Bed RT: @yamato_toys 1 / 60 scale armored Pack (car) inventory is not available? If it doesn't is the resale or production orders scheduled there?

Uhmmm, yeah... What???! :D

So, I guess they're saying it's out of stock and there are no current plans for a re-release?... :(

Ugh... headache from recalling some of those kanji characters, but in short, they don't "foresee" any plans on producing that particular long sold out item. The Google translation was very literal; the "not going without feeling" part is a literal translation of the "kanji nashi desu" at the end of their reply, which obviously makes no sense in English. lol

That's really sad then. You'd think re-issuing the strike packs would be free money for Yamato, since all the work is done. I'm glad I sprung for the Max and Kakizaki bundles now.

Maybe the production number issues Bandai seems to be dealing with are coming from the factory level.

That's really sad then. You'd think re-issuing the strike packs would be free money for Yamato, since all the work is done. I'm glad I sprung for the Max and Kakizaki bundles now.

Maybe the production number issues Bandai seems to be dealing with are coming from the factory level.

With the exception of the very first standalone super/strike parts set I bought, every other set I acquired was a "buy the bundle, sell the valk" move. It's really the only way to do it nowadays.

Eh, suppose that works, though I wouldn't like reselling stuff without the original packaging. But I'm just picky. ^_^

I only bought one set separately, my standard TV set. All the others came in bundles, and I'm only short one for my DYRL valks, since the only one I of those I couldn't get as a bundle was Roy. They were sold out, so I grabbed a HIkaru 1A bundle instead.

With the exception of the very first standalone super/strike parts set I bought, every other set I acquired was a "buy the bundle, sell the valk" move. It's really the only way to do it nowadays.

I would admit that it was my first thought too, but it is a hell of a hassle to buy n sell everytime a bundle pops up. Hmm since there is no other better solution than to wait patiently, i decided to go the same way as ya, beats the tension of waitin endlessly for god knows when a bundle pops up! Just sank in time onto hobby search's 50% shippin promotion in gettin the 3 movie releases in july (2xVF1S n 1xVF1A). Gettin the cavalier from amiami coz order stopped at hobby search! Thanks very much for the many responses from everyone, seems many is similarly wondering on the super/ strike parts too. Hope it translates into reality haha! Damn yamato for the fantastic valks but vice versa terrible release choices!

Ya, just got my very first 2 valks from yamato today, namely the VF1D (Virgin Road) and VT-1 :p PS: Totally amazing! Crossing my fingers for the VF1D Mass Prod backorder from Otacute!

Edited by shawnlee1981

I do wish they would really reconsider the Fast Packs. I'm just planning to get a VF-1S Hikaru and the last thing I wanna do is take out my Max 1A's FPs, take off the blue skull stickers. and replace them with Hikaru's red skull stickers.

Getting the bundles and reselling is quite a risk, seeing that there's hardly a market for DYRL 1A Max and Kakizaki.

I do wish they would really reconsider the Fast Packs. I'm just planning to get a VF-1S Hikaru and the last thing I wanna do...

What would be great is if Yamato came out w/ an accessories bundle... SP/SSP w/ side and neck covers, seats and mighty block stand.

What would be even better is if Graham recommended this to Yamato and it came true. :)

So, I guess they're saying it's out of stock and there are no current plans for a re-release?... :(

If this is what Yamato has decided to do, then it's not a very good move on their part. I've decided to pick up just one of these VF-1's w/ the option parts (instead of 3) just because of fact that we may never get anymore stand-alone FP's. Unless of course, they're thinking of coming out with VF/option parts/FP's bundle packs.... ;)

Just received my VF-1S renewal today and my feelings are mixed.

Don't worry, I like it, it's still a state-of-the-art toy and I like it, even if the VF-1S has never been my favorite valk (I prefer the standard 1A for all those anonymous who died in battles).

I like the normal canopy since it gives more "realism" (though I didn't mind the rainbow one) and I definitely admit I would have been stupid for not buying one on time.

I also like the addons (cover parts, seat) and the minor changes they've made like the hook on the backpack BUT I've had a hell of a stress transforming her into battroid, the articulations are more than tight, I was afraid to break it apart anytime I was folding legs/ arms/ chest/... I even gave up opening the cockpit to place Roy in it since I could barely lift it upper than 2/3mm before feeling strong resistance, I didn't want to snap it. Also the gun pod doesn't seem to stant well on the arm.

I don't recall having these "problems" with my VF-1A TV vers.

However, I've found a decent battroid posture so I don't mind anymore.

Did you guys had the same stress time I had?

I had a stiff canopy too, but all you have to do is open it as far as it will go until you meet resistance and give it a slight tug to get it to move just a bit more, but don't force it; then just close and open again until you get it just beyond where you stopped on the first try; close again and repeat this open-close-open procedure a few more times (took 4-5 cycles on mine) until you get it to open fully. Once you've opened the cockpit a couple of times the hinge will wear down to a point that a sticky canopy won't be a problem again.

I haven't experienced any of the other issues you mentioned so I can't offer any help with those.

The whole valk was a pain in the butt to transform the first time on my 1D. That thing wouldn't budge at at all. Then it broke and it was smooth sailing from there.

I had a stiff canopy too, but all you have to do is open it as far as it will go until you meet resistance and give it a slight tug to get it to move just a bit more, but don't force it; then just close and open again until you get it just beyond where you stopped on the first try; close again and repeat this open-close-open procedure a few more times (took 4-5 cycles on mine) until you get it to open fully. Once you've opened the cockpit a couple of times the hinge will wear down to a point that a sticky canopy won't be a problem again.

I haven't experienced any of the other issues you mentioned so I can't offer any help with those.

Ho, thanx for the tip, I shall retry later for the cockpit part then, I haven't been trying that much (3 times actually). ;-)

The rest is not really a problem actually, was just expecting the articulations to be a bit more loose.

Changed modes to Battroid for the first time on the new TV Skull-1.

Tight, tight, tight - EXCEPT - crotch assembly wants to keep popping out, which then opens up the whole back, and then the side covers pop out and the neck cover slides down. The door that shuts it closed just appears to not close tightly - any fixes?

Washed hands well before handling but this valk feels like it needs white glove treatment...

Edited by DarrinG

Just got mine: IMG_2929.jpg

There's something I noticed though. I took this side-by-side with my 1A Max TV and realized that the shades of white are different. The white on Max's unit (which I got two years ago) isn't as bright white as Hikaru's. It's still white and I wouldn't say there's any shade of yellow, but the white on my new one is way brighter. For those who bought a 30th anniv. release and also an owner of the other TV VF-1\s that were released years ago, have you noticed this slight difference in shade?