1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

I'm a bit surprised that it's not more widely known that you've changed the game on Yamato shoulder issues.

I kno rite!

With my mouth it's a wonder anything is a secret :3

But I was trying to stay down low a bit cuz of you know who

Then again the product is abstract enough and has no trademarked terms attached to it

But I don't want a C&D anytime soon :c

I kno rite!

With my mouth it's a wonder anything is a secret :3

But I was trying to stay down low a bit cuz of you know who

Then again the product is abstract enough and has no trademarked terms attached to it

But I don't want a C&D anytime soon :c

F*ck it... if they would've gotten on the ball and kept replacements openly available to folks stateside, it wouldn't have forced collectors' hands to come up with a solution. Count my signature on the list if we end up needing to sign a petition to free you if the man comes looking.

Well Yamato's hands are tied in the matter. And there's only so many times they can go into their parts stores or rev up the production lines for what to them are gray market customers.

I think what is important is now there is a viable made to order source that can be used to save what I believe is the definitive VF-1 toy from a correctable problem.

And if Shapeways goes away the cad data could be used again somewhere else.

The trick is not stepping on any toes of a tryhard hanger on company most of us have issues with :v

F*ck it... if they would've gotten on the ball and kept replacements openly available to folks stateside, it wouldn't have forced collectors' hands to come up with a solution. Count my signature on the list if we end up needing to sign a petition to free you if the man comes looking.

Am I dense? I thought he was talking about HG. :)

hmmm, does that shoulder look right? Never paid much attention (didn't notice this in the VF-1D pictures) - doesn't look very stable/sturdy not "locked in" with that side cover mounted in battroid mode.

10183703a2.jpg

Edited by Phalanix

I don't understand why that's a problem? Locking the shoulder in limits movement and pose-ability.

Cuz that looks like all the pressure will be placed on those shoulder hinges, since the front part of it isn't locked in to the chest?

Edited by Phalanix

Those side covers shouldn't function any different from the one's that came with the GBP considering they look exactly the same. The old covers never did anything with the shoulder, I don't expect these to do it now.

The side covers come from the latest release and GBP-1S are actually different. Those from GBP are in "closed" mode while the latest covers are in "open" mode where the vents are revealed. They both mounted with the same way and have nothing to do with the shoulder.

Edited by Vi-RS

My point was just that the front of the shoulder didn't seem to lock in to the chest in that photo - because I have the v1 in front of me (at work) and was comparing the design - and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be like that.

I found a pic of a v2 1/60 (I think from one of MW members) VF-1S, and the front of the shoulder doesn't lock in either. So yeah, there's the answer. All these years, I never noticed this about the shoulders in Battroid mode... lol

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Edited by Phalanix

somebody should give Phalanix that red panic button...

Why? I was just wondering if that's how the shoulder supposed to look like. Don't see how anything I said equated to panic mode. :rolleyes:

But, if it makes you feel any better...

panic-button.jpg

Edited by Phalanix

Concerning the shoulder, I see what you mean I also noticed it when I got my first Yamato v2, a VF-1A with Armor Parts, I have a VT-1 and a VE-1 that do the same, I believe the re-release of this VF-1S doesn't change that and simply adds the cover parts and external seat, leaving the Valkyrie untouched.

But, as Veef found out, the hinge doesn't break because it is free to move, it breaks because there's a problem with the diameter of the hole where the pin fits.

Since Yamato is aware of that explo-shoulder the problem has been corrected and should not be seen on any other Valk than the early and mid v2, the new comers are safe. the fact there's a front hinge panel able to move a bit while in battroid doesn't bother me either ;)

Err...so...the shoulder issue hasn't gone away?

I'm just hoping that since obviously these special parts VFs will be a new production run - so too all of the shoulders will be QC problem free....

Pete

Don't understand what you mean by QC but if it refers to the fragile hinges that broke: yes, the problem is solved.

Phalanix was refering to the "not locked shoulder" which is quite different and can be seen on every VF-1# Yamato's v2 Valkyrie and on the VF-1S picture he posted above, you can see that the part that holds the arm isn't locked straight on the body

Err...so...the shoulder issue hasn't gone away?

I'm just hoping that since obviously these special parts VFs will be a new production run - so too all of the shoulders will be QC problem free....

Pete

The shoulder thing is absolutely fixed. Except for one confusing issue with the VT-1 and then the reuse of some older stock 1J HIkaru's with the original GBP sets the shoulders have been rock solid since the middle of 2010.

Yup, I was just referring to the fact the shoulder wasn't locked in to the front part of the chest like in the v1 1/60 Valks.

But there's also: http://www.macrosswo...showtopic=36316 if anyone's feeling weary about the shoulders. :)

Yeah, I violently trolled page 5 of this topic (but I was so happy) :D

Has anyone received their VF-1D yet?

A member from a french forum received a Yamato newsletter yesterday saying it would be available on the 28th of April.

I went through ishop2go as well.

It's on its way

111130062103653395.gif

Edit:

release date modified here (at last) http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=2006&mmlnk=120420

Edited by Loute

Is it just me or these reissues dont have missiles where the original release had them.

It's just you.

Accessories according to Yamato:

● Gunpod

● Missile container

● 3-barreled missile

● Pilot figure (for cockpit)

● Fixed hands

● Attachment for Macross Stand

● Completion armpit parts for Hatch Parts

● Passenger seat for Battroid mode

● Marking stickers

● Instruction Manual

The shoulder thing is absolutely fixed. Except for one confusing issue with the VT-1 and then the reuse of some older stock 1J HIkaru's with the original GBP sets the shoulders have been rock solid since the middle of 2010.

Now that is music to my ears - although perhaps not to my wallet :-)

Thanks

Pete

Will Bigbadtoystore have the Vf 1d, Vf 1j, and the Vf 1s with optional parts for sale? I have seen that they have the Vf 1a Cavaliers for pre order, but not the vf 1's with the optional parts.

I was surprised to see Imageanime.com have the Vf 1j and Vf 1s with optional parts for pre order, but I am not going to spend $200 plus shipping for one!

Yup, I was just referring to the fact the shoulder wasn't locked in to the front part of the chest like in the v1 1/60 Valks.

But there's also: http://www.macrosswo...showtopic=36316 if anyone's feeling weary about the shoulders. :)

I recall awhile back purchasing some cast sets from one of our fellow MW members that enclosed this part of the shoulder.

I agree that it does restrict the arms from a full range of posing, however it does add extra support for those with non-nimble fingers.

Mind you they do have a different detail to them, but i dont think they look bad.

(sorry about the blurry images)

IMAG0512

IMAG0513

IMAG0514

IMAG0515

Blue B))

Edited by Iceblue106