1/24 scale VF-1???

halonameis

How much would you guys be willing to pay for a 1/24 scale ultra detailed VF-1 from Yamato? When i say ultra detail i mean removeable fusilage panels to reveal interior detail like the engines, frame work, and a true perfect transformation. No more swing bar for the legs, but just like the line art shows, legs that swing from hydrolic hard points and then connect to the nose/crotch for batteroid. And no more gimicks like plug in pieces to fill in gaps to the body, that should all be intergrated. oh and lastly, a pilots seat that comes out through the neck.

that would be very hard...,i know for sure I would not buy one, and I don't think it will sell well at all...it might not be worth the mold to make profit, and probably not worth trying out new technologies...and really? Milking such a huge valk would be very hard...

Wasn't there a board member a couple of years ago that buildt one from scratch? I remember seeing monthly updates on his progress and it looked sooooo badass. I wonder if he ever finished that project? Anybody know?

I was curious about this myself. That project was looking very sweet.

I wouldn't mind having one more VF-1 in my collection, specially if it's in that size. The deal breaker for me though is the price and if the prices on the Ver.2 VF-1s are any indication, this baby would probably cost an arm and a leg.

How much would you guys be willing to pay for a 1/24 scale ultra detailed VF-1 from Yamato? When i say ultra detail i mean removeable fusilage panels to reveal interior detail like the engines, frame work, and a true perfect transformation. No more swing bar for the legs, but just like the line art shows, legs that swing from hydrolic hard points and then connect to the nose/crotch for batteroid. And no more gimicks like plug in pieces to fill in gaps to the body, that should all be intergrated. oh and lastly, a pilots seat that comes out through the neck.

Why? Have you heard anything from Yamato regarding that possibility?

Wasn't there a board member a couple of years ago that buildt one from scratch? I remember seeing monthly updates on his progress and it looked sooooo badass. I wonder if he ever finished that project? Anybody know?

Right here, you mean?

I'm sick and tired of the VF-1. Please tell me I'm not the onyl one.

Yamato has given us enough (and then some) for two lifetimes.

Before I used to think that I was getting tired of the VF-1. But as more and more valks come out, all it takes is a good rendition of the VF-1 for me to know that I'd start collecting a whole line all over again. I mean thank goodness they didn't finish the Bandai 1/100 line. A 1/24 would kill me (because I only have one kidney left after the 1/48s and the v.2 1/60s).

Gah! I need a drink!