Macross Do You Remember Love fansub cover design need feed back

leading edge

I just finished the rough for the DVD and would like a little feed back on the overall design. This was just finished a little while today so I'm hoping to get more done next Friday or during the week. I need some feed back from the form to ensure a high quality design fit for new Macross DRYL fan and old. I have two designs a purple toned stars and a black view.

gallery_12728_426_837493.pnggallery_12728_426_3605397.png

Edited by leading edge

It's coming along nicely but I find the text a bit hard to read, especially in the bottom design because of the starfield background. Maybe you could try toning down the bright stars right behind the text? I kinda like the colour and mood in the bottom one but the top one is cleaner and easier to grasp. :D

I like second option better as well. Of the bat...On the rear of the cover, I'd replace one of the pictures, probably the two hands or the Hikaru kissing Misa, with a pic of the Valkyries. As a cover, you want to get people's attention, and those that would be on the fence, you have enough of the drama and romance in the Minmay and one of the other two I mentioned, one of the apparent enemy, and one of the SDF-1, but you need one that shows more of the smaller highlights, i.e. the Valkyrie or Valkyries in action.

Second critique would be the verbage on the back. It is hard to read, so perhaps a different color, or black background. You can also try boinger's suggestion. Either way, it is very difficult to read. I'm also not too big on the space background being throughout the entire picture, as it does make it a little busy, but I like the overall concept.

Sorry about the text I haven't gotten to fix it I will make changes you should see something around 8pm ish I'm a little sick right now so I have a bit of time. As for the Dark Horse logo got you covered as for the color of the text I'll do like you guys said tone back the stars and maybe use a different font. Also more credits info do I need it for the final version Hikuro?

post-600-0-38315800-1328155713_thumb.png

This is actually the Dark Heroes Entertainment watermarking used in the DYRL film footage. I think somewhere I might have a really big one but it's been forever since I last checked so I don't know for sure. However this should easily suffice if you're an adobe wiz.

So the cover I'm sure will look great, and I hope to see the DVD label being just as awesome too.

Hopefully I'll find really good material to print this off of and make it nice and shinny.

Is there a way to blend in the characters in the front part of the cover with the background, i.e. take out the box look of the picture by cutting out the pictures space background? I think that would really enhance that cover.

Since Minmay's head is cut off on the front you should consider putting a translucent black box around that pic. Are you sure you're using files that are big enough for print?

And I don't know about associating it with Macross World. Macross World in no way endorses any products especially unofficial ones. You can post a link that goes back to the creation of the video to that specific thread and also you can say it's translated in association with the "members" of Macross World.

It's the same way we word our flyers and links for Macross World Con. The owner/s of Macross World are in no way liable or can be implicated with anything that might go wrong with that event.

Thanks!

Finally seeing the latest version it looks good. Once the DHE logo is up there it'll look awesome. It's a nitpick but it truly doesn't matter to me one way but the shot of minmay clip on the back cover is between frames as her hand moves downward. I don't think it'll be an issue though.

Sorry for the delay got very sick with the flu. I'm currently working on the revisions and tracing the Dark Heroes Logo I'll also prepare a revised Logo for Dark Heroes and see if Hikuro Likes it. The new DVD cover will have revised text better scaling and a anniversary logo for Macross. I want to make some revisions to the framing and get the dimensions of the whole DVD accurately tweaked at the moment I'm kinda guessing. I'll also include the internal design of the DVD Hikuro this is just aversion not the final so I'll teak it if you have some issues with it.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing you might like to know is the title of the show is "Super Dimension Fortress"

RT changed the name to "Dimensional" since HG didn't know that "Super dimension" referred to what fold space was called in the original show. Thus the title is referring to the fact that the Macross can space fold, NOT that it was super huge...

Edited by Zinjo