Favorite Kill

ArchVile

Yeah, my favorite kill is the Millia-vs.-Zentran scene in DYRL. Specifically the last guy, who she literally dismembers before stomping on his skull. I have the .rm rip so it's kinda hazy, but near as I can tell his legs and hips fall to the ground, then his arms, then his torso and head (complete with ugly pink 'circles' where his arms were torn off at the shoulder). Moments before Millia stomps on his head. If you pause/slow-mo, you can see his eyeballs pop out as his skull literally implodes.

1.) gulds death in macross plus movie edition, his eye actually exploded in his head :o

i think these were the most honorable deaths ever in macross, they both died protecting something thet loved.

Gotta love that little smile he gives right before his innards explode and he vaporizes the X-9

I'd have to agree its one of the best kills out there.

Favourite Kills:

1) Shin's first kill in Macross Zero_1, I love the way the second missile arcs its way to the Mig as it emerges from the clouds. Always gives me a little chuckle.

2) Isamu Dyson's kill of a renegade zentradi - the one that we see from inside the cockpit. It's so intense.

3) The last destroid in Macross Zero_3, the one that just manages to escape a watery death, only to blown to bits by two SV-51s.

Isn't it odd that in the Macross world, the women pilots are the most psychotic?

One of my favorites is the zentradi guy who gets vaporized when max's valk overheats and blows up in the TV serise, that was awsome.

a close second is in the first or second episode, the guys in the patrol choppers, if you watch closely you can see them burning to death in the cockpits. trippy.

There does seem to be quite a saddistic fascination on seeing people die graphically. I thought this was supposed to be about skill or coolness, not gore.

But, I think the gore fascination is explained by so many of us growing up only seeing cartoons meant for children. . . with no death and no gore. So when we see it now, we get excited. . . it confirms in our mind (and allows us to assert to skeptical loved ones) that these "cartoons" we watch definitely are not for kids. :)

H

1.) gulds death in macross plus movie edition, his eye actually exploded in his head :o

2.) roys death in DYRL

i think these were the most honorable deaths ever in macross, they both died protecting something thet loved.

I must say these rank as not just some of the most honorable deaths in Macross, but in anime.

One of my many favorites that I dont think anyone mentioned, in the SDF Macross TV series episode 35 when Santa Claus blows up nearly half of the city and Max got all mad because Hikaru ordered everyone to stop the fires, nice christmas gift from kamujin(however you spell his name)

another one from SDF Macross TV series when kamujin and a few power armour go to this city and they steal that chamber that can make zentradi big again, that whole scene when the VF-1A gets hit and breaks into a million pieces was awsome, sadly just a few pissed zentradis a bottle of alcohol and kamujin destroyed almost everything, the look on Hikaru after he saw the city destroyed =).

One well thats sorta funny but I like it is in Macross 7 episode 44, Operation Stargazer, when Gamlin the smart pilot he is smacks his VF-17 into Gavil's valkyrie, also adding, when Ensigns Voldick and Mathews got shot and LTJG Docker went crazy, that was funny too, elite pilots get killed faster than the cannon fodder ones