support the macross lego project on lego cuusoo

tipatat

i might have been a bit over enthusiastic, since technically, it still needs to go through the review process, but there is an official comment of support from the LEGO CUUSOO team on the vf page. there are also links to a youtube movie of the transformation and a ton more pict on flickr of different variants.

give some support!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty cool work, but getting 10000 supporters is not going to get an official nod from Lego.

Actually, Lego CUSOO is an official TLG website, and TLG will give official attention to any project that reaches 10,000 supporters on CUSOO. Most recently, this happened with the Lego Minecraft project (which was recently released)

Of course, this won't actually happen, because there's too much red tape. There's not enough of a market in Japan for sets of this scale to be one-offed for that country. (There is a large LEGO market in Japan, mind you, it's just not as big as, say, the US market)

As far as "putting up instructions", it doesn't help anyone, if he has access to parts that are rare at this point, or he changed any parts' colors. Bricklink is awesome, but it's not a lot of fun waiting for a million shipments of expensive, discontinued parts.

As far as "putting up instructions", it doesn't help anyone, if he has access to parts that are rare at this point, or he changed any parts' colors. Bricklink is awesome, but it's not a lot of fun waiting for a million shipments of expensive, discontinued parts.

It helps people who have giant stockpiles of legos themselves, maybe they have most/all the parts they'd need already. It can also serve as a jumping off point for people to create their own build using the parts they do have on hand. And it will help people who are so in to this that they'd be willing to hunt down all the parts they need in the right colors form various sources.

It helps people who have giant stockpiles of legos themselves, maybe they have most/all the parts they'd need already. It can also serve as a jumping off point for people to create their own build using the parts they do have on hand. And it will help people who are so in to this that they'd be willing to hunt down all the parts they need in the right colors form various sources.

I have a collection of over 16,000 elements. I can see 4 different types of elements, just in those pictures, I don't have, and most of the pieces I have that I'd need are the wrong color. If I had the instructions, I'd have to get all those pieces from Lego Pick A Brick, and whatever PAB doesn't carry, I'd have to get from individual sellers on Bricklink.com. That's inconvenient and overly expensive.

It's more convenient and economical for Lego to do something like this. Of course, licensing makes it impossible, but it doesn't help anyone to post the instructions. Anyone with all those parts is gonna have their own idea as to how to make one, anyway.

Threw my support for this as well. I agree about a lot of red tape to get this made though, although if anybody could do it, I think LEGO could. Furthermore, this would be a really fun product that I would totally buy considering the fact that I could transform the dazes out of it without fear of breakage, and I could even simulate battle damage :)

Fun product, and lots of potential....

EDIT: Why not put this on robotech.com? I'm sure there will be a lot of support there as well, regardless of whether it is macross or robotech...

Edited by Archer

This is something you want adopted for the 30th anniversary festivities.

It would be prudent to make up instructions on how to build these in case Lego Japan comes knocking on your door.

If not then hell it can be the Macross World contribution to the festivities and we can publish them on the official Macross fansite in Japan... ;)

• 2 years later...

am i the only guy in the background who has ALOT of parts and peices to make this but is Confused how to do it and where to put it?

am i the only guy asking for Instructions? Someone please show us how to build it! i will do it totally! and give some away to my bros as gifts! lol