Why do they wait so long to release a Macross Series?

leading edge

But a story that is of their style and writing.

Every series has had a different writer...Hiroshi Ohnogi, Ken'ichi Matsuzaki, Noboru Ishiguro, Sukehiro Tomita, Minto Hajime, Sukehiro Tomita, Shinichiro Watanabe, Keiko Nobumoto, Hiroyuki Yoshino...

Ok what is a good one you'd recommend?

There's always Gundam.

Honestly except for Dougram, Panzer World Gallient I've seen them all I may have seen most of the Real robot series from 80'-90's some in 2000's . I don't usually watch fantasy mecha anime. I'll try it though is Dougram and Panzer World Gallient very good?

Edited by leading edge

Honestly except for Dougram, Panzer World Gallient I've seen them all I may have seen most of the Real robot series from 80'-90's some in 2000's . I don't usually watch fantasy mecha anime. I'll try it though is Dougram and Panzer World Gallient very good?

Yes very good myabe layzner might be up your alley too very good series all round hat is it you like space stories or earth stories even galvion is good is some places was cancelled before they finished the story still the story was finished kinda.

Despite being an anime fan for almost 30 years, I haven't even seen Layzner yet. I've known about it since the beginning of my anime interest, but kind of dismissed it due to the stupid reason of not liking the mecha designs. Now that I'm older and wiser, I should rectify this situation!

I'm also really disappointed that Dragonar and Giant Gorg were never finished by the fansub groups that I saw doing them a few years ago. Plus, I really need to catch up on my viewing of L-Gaim. I've been downloading the episodes, but haven't watched any of the episodes since the mid-30s.

I would wager to guess that the Dragonar that you got is probably one of those Hong Kong DVDs? I've always been wary of those after borrowing a few from a friend and seeing some pretty bad English subtitles. I remember watching Orguss and the subtitles were almost unintellegible.

Giant Gorg looked to be pretty good judging by the few episodes that I saw.

I would wager to guess that the Dragonar that you got is probably one of those Hong Kong DVDs? I've always been wary of those after borrowing a few from a friend and seeing some pretty bad English subtitles. I remember watching Orguss and the subtitles were almost unintellegible.

Giant Gorg looked to be pretty good judging by the few episodes that I saw.

Those Orguss subtitles are legendary. The grammar is terrible and half of the sentences don't make sense. Half way through the series 'Athenea' s' name changed to 'Argentina'. Fair enough, I can imagine how they could have sounded similar to some people. But how the 'Mu' became the 'Timmy' is still a mistery to me.