Small project: head custom for 1/48 VF-ID Macross the First

IScustom

Jan 28 2012 Update:

Hi All,

An update of this project. Neck design is complete. A bit challenging but finally the problem got solved.

This project is 90% complete now and I will put more effort then on the normal 1D head.

The three-head batch should be sent for 3D printing within 1 week, and available at the end of Feb.

IS

Pictures are here for your reference:

1d_head_01.jpg

1d_head_02.jpg

1d_head_03.jpg

1d_head_04.jpg

1d_head_05.jpg

Dear All,

Here is another small project: head custom for VF-ID, Macross the First version.

Actually my original idea was to do a VF-ID TV version. About the 50% progress, I found this lovely design and think it is more challenging. So before the normal ID, I would like to complete this one.

As you can see, it is now complete yet. Lots of details are not added, and its neck is not touched. I will make the remaining design ready in the following couple of weeks.

Again, it is 1/48 scale, but I will later on scale it down to 1/60, and I will do the same thing to the 1/48 VF-1R head.

The reference pictures I have now are not showing sufficient details. I still need to figure out a way to add sufficient details while not making it too messy.

Let me know your suggestions.

Thanks!!

IS

VF-1D_first.jpg

VF-1D_first_04.jpg

VF-1D_first_02.jpg

VF-1D_first_03.jpg

Edited by IScustom

Aside from the head being different is the color scheme and everything else the same? Anyone has a pic? drawing?

Yeah, should be the same. I am using the picture shown in this thread to do the CAD drawing.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34601

WOW!!! This is to cool, you have so many awesome projects in the works! B))

Thank you for your kind comments!

you should be proud....you are extremely talented :)

^_^, What I am proud is that my work can have great and constant support coming from you guys!

Another win! Just keep the 1/48 love coming bro!

Thanks, man. Will keep it up!

updates on this thing.. i know the elint will be up in 72hrs.. how bout the heads... I gotta get my head done lol

Thanks and kindly check the update. I will try to make these heads ready in one month.

Closely watching your progress, sir. Very nice modeling work! Is the seam down the middle just from the mirror plane of the drawing, or will this be a 2-piece mold that has to be assembled?

I'd be really interested in buying both a 1/48 and 1/60 scale of these if you run both...

Thank you!! Finally it would be two pieces that need to be assembled together. My current focus is on 1/48 and may consider 1/60 if 1/48 runs good ^_^