1/48 VF-1J, plain or with the works?

drifand

I hope the VF-1J will be released...  

71 members have voted

1. 1. I hope the VF-1J will be released...

• A. On its own - More affordable, get the GBP separately (someday).
    • B. With TV-style FAST Packs - It's cool and extra cost is no problem.
    • C. With GBP-1S armor - Ultimate combination! Worth every penny.

C. With GBP-1S armor - Ultimate combination! Worth every penny.

Same as drifand's. No GBP, no nothing. It's either nakeed or with the armor. LIKE in the TV Series.

But if Yamato releases it bundled with the fast pack, the price of the toy should be lesser than getting a 1/48 valk and a separate fast pack. B)

I say "on it's own." I like the GBP armor as much as the next guy, but I figure the armor will cost 1 1/2 times that of the FAST packs. I may blow large wads of cash on toys, but the price of that combo would be a little too much to swallow all at one time. Gimme a plain jane VF-1J and I'll put the GBP on layaway.

Bummer, man. I thought Graham had said that Yamato was only showing off the 1J proto with FPs but that they haven't decided to include them? Looks like we're gonna have to take the choice we didn't want to take afterall... in November. Funny thing is, I wouldn't feel so bad if the FPs came with Hikaru's TV 1S - that woulda been sweet.

Question, what is the difference between the series and movie FAST Packs?

About $30? :D

Seriously, the most obvious difference is in the arm attachments. The TV-style ones would have a single-slope front end (like the Bandai's), whereas the DYRL version has a 3-sided tip.

And from Graham's words, it sounds like there's still a chance for plain vanilla!

Edited by drifand

Screen Ratio!!! :lol:

actually it's the elbow roundness. The missiles on the arms. Couple of panel lines difference and the macross symbol on the side instead of the skull. Maybe the color will be different also.

EDIT: Doh! Drifand's a quickdraw... :o

Edited by >EXO<

Actually, I should retract my :yoshi: smilie. Drifands poll has three (3) choices, whereas Graham said it'll be a "win win" situation. To me, that says two of the three scenarios will come true, leaving the third out in the cold. So any bets as to what we'll see?

1) FAST packs and GBP

2) plain jane and FAST packs

3) plain jane and GBP

or worst case scenario

4) Toynami steals Macross license from Yamato and shoves MPC crappiness down our throats. :blink:

Edited by bsu legato

Actually, I should retract my :yoshi: smilie. Drifands poll has three (3) choices, whereas Graham said it'll be a "win win" situation. To me, that says two of the three scenarios will come true, leaving the third out in the cold. So any bets as to what we'll see?

1) FAST packs and GBP

2) plain jane and FAST packs

3) plain jane and GBP

or worst case scenario

4) Toynami steals Macross license from Yamato and shoves MPC crappiness down our throats. :blink:

definitively : 4) Toynami steals Macross license from Yamato and shoves MPC crappiness down our throats. :blink: ...just joking :p

I think the costs of buying the plain valk and then separately the GBP would be to high , whereas buying them in a bundle would somehow lower costs , so I voted for number 3).

But it would be nice to see a Hikaru 1S with that lovely armour , and that valk is definitively going into my collection (that or the Low-viz and GBP :blink: ). November can´t come any sooner ;)

Will the standard FAST packs being released in a few days/weeks fit the VF-1J? I thought that possibly the VF-1J would come with its own FAST packs because its arms had been subtely re-molded (thus making the DYRL FAST packs not fit).

I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The arms clip on where the gunpods do which are the same as the DYRL valks. And to sell this seperatley wouldn't make much sense, IMO. Because the only other valk that it would go on would be Roy's. I doubt they would release Roy's Skull as a TV version, would they? All other TV fast packs would be custom like the M&M. Unless they release the CF as a TV version. It'll be interesting to see what they have planned for the VF-1J.

I would prefer to buy them seperate. I wouldn't mind as much the fast Packs but the full armor would be so expensive for one shot. It almost killed me when the Max Millia 1/60's came out together. Plus if given time to buy the full armor I wuld probably buy more than 1 set. I like to focus on the actuall valks so any of the armor pieces aren't as important to me. I would rather like to see more of the variations of the valks. Like CF 1J, TV Max 1A, Max and Millia 1J's. But we will just have to wait and see.

I can say no more just yet, but there will be a win-win situation for everybody come November.

Graham

To me this just means we'll separate releases of the VF-1J and TV FPs in November. Remember Graham said all the surprises (GBP-1S) will come in Spring '04. I would probably get 2 or 3 sets of that GBP goodness, CF in GBP. :drool: