VC-33 Mom's kitchen Model Kit

tundrayeti

vc-33 Mom's kitchen model  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What Scale should I do this in?

The cost per kit is $115, plus shipping. I ship inside the US using flat rate shipping. It makes it very easy to calculate costs. If you are outside the US, I can get a couple different shipping quotes. Please drop me a PM with the details.

The first few kits are shipping this weekend, I still have plenty on hand. The clear canopy takes the longest due to it's curing time. Thanks to everyone for your patience.

Hey everyone. I have had another delay. I am finishing up gettint these boxed up and ready to go. But i have had to turn my attention to another matter. My birthday was also this week so I had to spend time with the family. I will be issuing tracking number to those folks who have paid over the course of the weekend. I also have to go out of town again on business on tuesday. They are coming though!

Not yet they are packed up, I just need to print labels. And this is the 4th week in a row that my company has sprung a surprise trip on me! Ugh! anyone know who would be interested in hiring an experienced electrical engineer with a background in green energy?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update guys, Got the first couple kits out this weekend, it will be going a little more slowly. The reason for this is because I am casting the canopy in clear resin. I tried something new and used a clear resin that sets in an hour. Not happy with the results. So I have to switch to the slow curing stuff. It looks much better. So my apologies, but i'm sure everyone will want the better quality cast

Hey yeti, can I still get in to purchase one of these?

The kit looks great. It's a great finish to all of the planning and talent you put into this project.

Thanks Jardann. Yes you can still get in on this, They will be available for awhile. I also plan on having a few at Wonderfest next year. I am building the kit up myself, and will be posting pics of my build. This will hopefully be displayed at mine and Thor's table. Please PM me. The clear castings are definitely slowing things down because of the cure time (18-20 hours to set and 2-3 days for full cure), so be patient everyone. All the other parts are finished, so this is the only hold up. I will post some pics of the differences in the 2 clear resins. I'm sure everyone will agree with my decision. So again thanks for the support and your patience everyone!

Edited by tundrayeti

Hey everyone, Another Update. As promised here are the pics of the canopies. The one on the left is the alumalite clear I have been trying, If you spray a layer of clear gloss on it it's not too bad, but still I wasn't happy with it. The middle part is what I have been getting recently with the alumalite clear. It's been really humid around here, and that's tghe only thing i think could have gone wrong with this. The result on the right is the slow setting clear resin. It looks much better. it just takes forever to cure.

Well one of the folks who purchased one of these, has offered a solution. I would like to give a shout out to TERR-OR who has graciously offered to vacuform the canopies. I am going to let him work his majic and lets see what he comes up with. In the meantime, I will still continue to cast in the slow clear. This may take a bit guys, Sorry for the delay, but I do want to put the best kit I can out there.

post-7782-0-26881400-1342441498_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the advice PetarB, The part was printed in clear material and I threw it in my vibration polisher till it was crystal clear. I think the problem was with the resin. Alumalite doesn't like Moisture and it as it was my first time using it, I could have possibly done something wrong. At any rate I agree vacforming will be the way to go, so lets see how it turns out. This shouldnt be too much of a delay, but I'm sure that everyone will prefer the vacform canopy.

I think you are having moisture problems; it's why I can't finish poainting the Daedlaus. Too bad you can't cast them and throw them in a food dehydrator like with paints. The moisture gets in the resin before pouring. The humidity was only 90% today :o - MT

I think you are having moisture problems; it's why I can't finish poainting the Daedlaus. Too bad you can't cast them and throw them in a food dehydrator like with paints. The moisture gets in the resin before pouring. The humidity was only 90% today :o - MT

I agree. The humidity has been horrible! these problems started showing up when Summer came early and the humidity shot through the roof!. The slower curing stuff came out okay. Just Okay.. At any rate I don't think folks will object to waiting a little longer to get a better product.

• 3 weeks later...

Hows progress/weather doing?

Well the weather just recently cooled off considerably here. So I will give the clear another shot and see what happens. TERR-OR is working on the Vacuformed canopies and I will check in with him this weekend. everything else is ready to go folks, so lets see how these canopies turn out. I'm going to try to post some progress pics of my build of this kit, hopefully this weekend.

Thanks for your patience everyone,

• 2 weeks later...

Okay latest update on the vac-formed canopy. TERR-OR has sent me these pics. The mold is almost done, and they should be getting done here soon. So thanks for all your patience everyone, it's about to pay off. I was out of town all last week so I'm trying to catch up on everyone's PM's

post-7782-0-31742300-1346077759_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-02526100-1346077768_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-69386700-1346077777_thumb.jpg

Those frames look great! I just did some casting the other day with brown pigmented resin and it STILL creamed up and did not cure right. Come on cooler weather!!! - MT

tell me about it this humidity has been MURDER!!! I went on a business trip to san antonio last week and it was nice and dry. Come home, hoping to get the grass cut and all it did was pour buckets. UGH! Well the rest of the kit parts are good to go. Been getting a lot of requests for other scales. Those of you really interested in a 1/60 or 1/48 pm me so I can get an idea of how many folks would be interested in this. I will be doing this in 1/100 scale for myself, so if anyone in interested in that scale as well. I'm not going to get into this until i get the rest of the projects I have going on finished, but i will get to these eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brett,

that is correct. Everything else is ready to go. For those of you waiting on this, and some of the ground vehicles, I will send you them and ship the mom's kitchen when it becomes avaliable. everything else is ready to go. Got them boxed up and ready to go. I can even ship the kit with the cast canopy and send the vacformed one later. PM me and let me know what you guys would like to do. I'm trying to wrap all my other projects so I can move on to other ideas. I know the hangars have a waiting list, so hang in there guys. I have something new on the 1/60 hangar that will knock your socks off!