VC-33 Mom's kitchen Model Kit

tundrayeti

vc-33 Mom's kitchen model  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What Scale should I do this in?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Guys.

Sorry the canopy bits have taken so long. I really don't have time to do this stuff anymore, but I know it can make a very nice canopy.

My buddy has the masters now, and will pour rubber. I've ordered fresh resin and we'll vacuum cast the frame, and ambient cast bucks for the vacform plastic. The clear glass will sit inside the frame and be easy to install. Then it's just a matter of doing a couple a night (letting them sit long enough to get nice and rigid before demolding).

The image is an old image from the beginning of the buck and before polishing up the canopy frame (and thinning it a bit). I know I have more recent pictures but can't seem to find them....anyway - you can see how this will work.

post-1124-0-32776200-1351650950_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Christmas was great! I'm still waiting on the canopies, Since I find myself currently unemployed I am considering mailing out the kits with all the parts except for the canopies and sending those out when they are done. That way folks can at least get started with the prep work etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, hey what's the status of these? I'm not in a hurry and glad to wait, but I hope I don't miss out on ordering one of these.

The beginning of the end :)

I appreciate all your work, thanks :hail:

I look forward to seeing the plane (and the military vehicles) in my hands :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...