Trying to get EA Games to consider a Robotech/macross first/third pers

llPREDATORll

I would like to know how many others would like to see if this series of a great cult series could possibly become a first and third person shooter game. Macross plus voxp seen here on a youtube video

is a great game I still play it all the time but it lacks the ground battle with gun pods blazing, and close combat martial arts battles.

I mean to have ground battles (As seen in all the shows and movies that we love so much) that could instantly take to the skies and space would be spectacular. high paced Robotech/macross action on a multiplayer game. 32vs32 gameplay. customizable mecha, when the player earns their ranks they could get special add ons for the fighter. Have the cyclones, destriods, and other mecha for intense ground battles. Have different modes....single player story mode, dogfight tournaments, etc. It would be like Battle cry on steroids. It wouldn't just involve one series either but all of them... all the different mecha.

All we need to do is let someone know... preferably EA due to their amazing graphics. They need to know how we all feel this would make a great gameing experience. I have joined this site in order to get others suggestions to add to our fandom and to have a great game that we would love. I have started a post to EA giving them an idea on this link. All support would be appreciated. thanks.

Here is the link to the post I started to EA games Ideas and suggestions.

forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7946087.page#19396238

That's the stupidest idea ever, why would EA want to waste resources on a dead franchise like robotech, let alone a first/third person shooter which doesn't even make sense for the property.You're lucky there's even a cellphone game.

I would like to know how many others would like to see if this series of a great cult series could possibly become a first and third person shooter game. Macross plus voxp seen here on a youtube video

is a great game I still play it all the time but it lacks the ground battle with gun pods blazing, and close combat martial arts battles.

Have you played the PSP games, Macross Ace Frontier, Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Triangle Frontier? Or the two recent PS3 demo Macross games based on the Macross Frontier movies? You may like them.

Graham

It's years and years since I last played Macross VO (never bought XP, just the original version). Cool video though.

Graham

I believe we could do something even better than Namco-Bandai, or at least acceptable.

After all, the fans do things better than the giant firms.

Just see how much game fan-mades (of course, unfortunately in the case of Streets of Rage Remake and Chronno Resurrection, both companies that created them sent to stop ...).

But I think if we did (or serious and competent people want XD)

It would be nice to play or give an even financial support.

Edited by Old_Nash

That's the stupidest idea ever, why would EA want to waste resources on a dead franchise like robotech, let alone a first/third person shooter which doesn't even make sense for the property.You're lucky there's even a cellphone game.

Well I disagree with you. This series still has a lot of potential. They remake games all the time and it would work with this day and ages new software and technology. EA has the capability of making this game happen. Making a game that involves all aspects of the movies/shows would make this a best seller. lucky there's even a cell phone game? its because people don't keep suggesting it for someone to take it as a project.

I believe we could do something even better than Namco-Bandai, or at least acceptable.

After all, the fans do things better than the giant firms.

Just see how much game fan-mades (of course, unfortunately in the case of Streets of Rage Remake and Chronno Resurrection, both companies that created them sent to stop ...).

But I think if we did (or serious and competent people want XD)

It would be nice to play or give an even financial support.

Harmony Gold hates its fans, so they'd inevitably be told to stop as well, as has happened with various robotech fan projects. Solution? Go be a fan of something else. Also, It's doubtful something fan-made could capture the Macross feel that artdink has with their Macross games. Perfect combination of professional refinement, and fan love.

Have you played the PSP games, Macross Ace Frontier, Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Triangle Frontier? Or the two recent PS3 demo Macross games based on the Macross Frontier movies? You may like them.

Graham

It's years and years since I last played Macross VO (never bought XP, just the original version). Cool video though.

Graham

I have been playing the battlefield series for a very long time now. I have seen these games but never got them due to them being on the consols. i have played Battle cry though which I liked, suprisingly due to the ground to air battles, and the versus battle mode. I have recently seen the new PS3 version and I must say it looks pretty good but looks like it still lacks the ground battles.

The Idea would be something like battle cry but 1000 times better and have it online.

Any 3rd person shoot with transforming fighters is never easy to make or play. A simulator might be easier to make and play, like Wing Commander of Free Space.

If the game is an online only multiplayer I would give it maybe two days before either HG or BW send a C&D letter to the site owner or the ISP.

Having a downloadable version with private server connectability is the only way to ensure it will last any meaningful length of time.

My money is on the HW mod personally, though I could also support a flight sim as well...

I have been playing the battlefield series for a very long time now. I have seen these games but never got them due to them being on the consols. i have played Battle cry though which I liked, suprisingly due to the ground to air battles, and the versus battle mode. I have recently seen the new PS3 version and I must say it looks pretty good but looks like it still lacks the ground battles.

The Idea would be something like battle cry but 1000 times better and have it online.

Macross Ace Frontier, Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Trail Frontier are 10000000000000x better than battlecry, and you can play them online, did with Ultimate Frontier with a MW member awhile back.

-edit-...to bad i wore-out my psp playing these games need to buy a replacement

Edited by Murphy

I agree with Zinjo. With HG in the mix you'll never have anything that the western world can use. Better off just putting your resources towards learning Japanese to help you play games from the far east software houses,

Not Battlefield, Macross Triangle Frontier on the PSP

Go buy a PSP, and import the game.

Harmony Gold hates its fans, so they'd inevitably be told to stop as well, as has happened with various robotech fan projects. Solution? Go be a fan of something else. Also, It's doubtful something fan-made could capture the Macross feel that artdink has with their Macross games. Perfect combination of professional refinement, and fan love.

Bing. Whoremoney n'Gold, screwing our fans for a dime since 1983.

Thank goodness they didn't manage to stop the new Battletech game despite how hard they tried.

You can try to get it done but don't hold your breath, I'd like to see it on PS3 but as has been said before buy a PSP and play those Macross games.

If you want it on the big screen buy the PSP cable. Kind of old-schoolish but they look great on a 32 inch Sony Bravia.

Also, I have always been worried that too much Hummny-Mold talk and those criminals, based on the Japanese court ruling, would try to shut down Macross World since they believe wrongly that Macross is theirs.

You can try to get it done but don't hold your breath, I'd like to see it on PS3 but as has been said before buy a PSP and play those Macross games.

If you want it on the big screen buy the PSP cable. Kind of old-schoolish but they look great on a 32 inch Sony Bravia.

Also, I have always been worried that too much Hummny-Mold talk and those criminals, based on the Japanese court ruling, would try to shut down Macross World since they believe wrongly that Macross is theirs.

Why? There's no profit for them to be gained here. Shawn & Graham aren't using any Macross-related things for profit, so it flies under the radar. Falls under "free speach". Now, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the "fine, upstanding" criminals at Whoremoney n'Gold didn't like us since we don't like them and subvert and badmouth them at every turn, but in the end there's very little they can do about it. I'm sure they are aware of the forums and probably have people that read them all the time.

I played very Robotech: Battlecry for GameCube. And I liked how it was done.Too bad then it's over and continued support was much lower than expected... After that, I started to play the Macross of PS2. And with a control more modest than its counterpart U.S. (yes, I also played the Robotech of PS2 for comparison.)

Both have their ups and downs. But trying to enumerate them would be somewhat boring.

I, at the time, even tried to do a hack to update the old Macross VO, but without success.

Only after a long time, played the psp games (first Ultimate borrowed, and then the Ace via ISO). I have not had chance to play theTriangler ,but seeing the graphics, I want to buy it.

As an online game.Well, there is a possibility, after all going to have a future of Gundam^^

Edited by Old_Nash

I have not had chance to play theTriangler ,but seeing the graphics, I want to buy it.

If you've already played Triangle Frontier, and you're still here talking nonsense, then you're clearly a troll. Yeah, we all knew you were from the start, but we're nice enough to give everyone a fair shake. Mosey on now little douggie.

As an online game.Well, there is a possibility, after all going to have a future of Gundam^^

The future is hear, Gundam Extreme Vs ia already quite out and online.

Yes it does look all right like that, but you know that a full PS3 version would get us all buying it. :)

Others in that past have exppresed worries in this area, why not use the forums build in word replacer (normally used for swear word replacement) to just sub out "Harmony Gold" for Hummny-Mold or Whoremoney n'Gold. simple no amount of search engine or bot search shenanigans would find any threads devoted to HG the Macross franchise haters.

Edited by big F

To be fair, what the OP is proposing is a different genre of game from the Battle series,

Just as Gundam vs. plays differently from Gundam Battle.

Yes, I would like to see a Macross game with proper multiplayer (no, 2 aside deathmatch

on local adhoc only doesn't count), less RPGy stat grinding and more skill based, and with more challenging AI.

However, wishing EA can make this game, or even be interested, is a pipe dream.

Why? There's no profit for them to be gained here.

The second reason people do things power, money being the first.

We are the biggest and best English voice of decent and some individuals here have direct links to the industry in Japan.

Hobotech.com had some rumblings of decent a few years ago and were quickly quelled. Easy to figure considering who owns the website.

The only thing that really keeps us for being a threat is that the Macross model, toy, and animation industry doesn't care about the North American Market.

They don't need the fight because they already have the moral high ground and legally all the rights everywhere else in the world.

Why, the most dangerous question.

[/size][/font][/color]

If you've already played Triangle Frontier, and you're still here talking nonsense, then you're clearly a troll. Yeah, we all knew you were from the start, but we're nice enough to give everyone a fair shake. Mosey on now little douggie.

I'll write in Portuguese, since he does not understand my English.

Meu amigo, eu falei que não joguei o Triangle Frontier, ou como chamo para encurtar Triangler, ainda. Mas como vi só os gráficos, eu decidi compra-lo.

Edited by Old_Nash

I'll writein Portuguese,since hedoes not understandmy English.

Meu amigo, eu falei que não joguei o Triangle Frontier, ou como chamo para encurtar Triangler, ainda. Mas como vi só os gráficos, eu decidi compra-lo.

Você senhor é a pesca à corrica da semana, move-se agora longitudinalmente e joga-se em algum lugar mais

Macross Ace Frontier, Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Trail Frontier are 10000000000000x better than battlecry, and you can play them online, did with Ultimate Frontier with a MW member awhile back.

Aw man. Quite a while back I was asking for people who could play Ultimate Frontier with me online and nobody responded! Well, let me know when you get a new PSP, then! :)

• 2 weeks later...

The one you played with was me. It was really fun. I don't have you anymore in my list. An angry ex's idea of a plus for our breakup...

But onto the real topic, I wouldn't mind a third or first person shooter based on Macross. However, EA does NOT have my favor and never will. Artdink has done a great job at making great games that are both easy to get into and deep in gameplay. Robotech Battlecry was... okay at best. It can't compare to the PSP games in the least. Well, maybe Ace, but not the others.

As for the PS2 Macross game, that is for me among my favorite games ever. Battlecry did not even get close.

-[inflated ego]

And finally... Robotech? I want to forget about it. There is a good reason we can't play these games easily outside Japan, and that's Harmony Gold. They are not worthy of my money and further attention.

-[/inflated-ego]

Edited by CrazyMartian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For all the PS3 Macross games, is to very difficult for the Japanese developers to get an English translator? Their sales would increase exponentially I suppose if they could do so.

Their sales would increase to such an incredibly minute degree, that it's not even remotely worth the effort. Those of us that import are gonna import. Those who don't like import prices won't change their mind just becasue there's a translation. Throw in the random problems having multiple languages in a game produce that add to QA time, and I doubt it will happen in the foreseeable future. Solution? Just import and enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Their sales would increase to such an incredibly minute degree, that it's not even remotely worth the effort. Those of us that import are gonna import. Those who don't like import prices won't change their mind just becasue there's a translation. Throw in the random problems having multiple languages in a game produce that add to QA time, and I doubt it will happen in the foreseeable future. Solution? Just import and enjoy!

It's always sucky that this is the prevailing view. I can certainly see where a company comes from for these things but heck look at Sunrise's efforts with Unicorn and doing the simultaneous release. Now to be fair Macross is a very unique beast with "The company that shall not be named" making life miserable for us (I'm still upset over VF-X2), but a lot of times it feels like JP devs have no desire to attempt to expand their market. Every so often we get a random shovelware title brought over like Gundam Crossfire, but then things like 0081 get left out despite the fact the game screamed that it was tailored for western audiences. So many of these games I'd kill to have them even put together a half-assed translation so we can at least get the gist of the plot without having to spend lord knows how long trying to pick up a whole new language to enjoy them. :/

It's always sucky that this is the prevailing view. I can certainly see where a company comes from for these things but heck look at Sunrise's efforts with Unicorn and doing the simultaneous release. Now to be fair Macross is a very unique beast with "The company that shall not be named" making life miserable for us (I'm still upset over VF-X2), but a lot of times it feels like JP devs have no desire to attempt to expand their market. Every so often we get a random shovelware title brought over like Gundam Crossfire, but then things like 0081 get left out despite the fact the game screamed that it was tailored for western audiences. So many of these games I'd kill to have them even put together a half-assed translation so we can at least get the gist of the plot without having to spend lord knows how long trying to pick up a whole new language to enjoy them. :/

Maybe the only fast way to get this going is to have a wealthy investor who will fund the project in full...

It's always sucky that this is the prevailing view.....

Unfortunately, its one based on both past experience and many, many sales estimates.

The extra cost of translation/language check/implementation/QA check, not to mention any translated elements that are rendered as graphics instead of text, plus the extra time it adds to a project and its just not worth the cost. The extra time needed in the dev process is also something that cannot be understated.

The far better option is to just let an overseas publisher handle it all, but for this to happen, there still has to be a big enough estimated number of sales/people interested in purchasing it. Given the huge backlash against Japanese games recently (was bound to happen eventually i suppose, we now have an entire generation of gamers who have only ever played western games from Xbox 1 onwards), costs and problems with licensing, and the backlash from hardcore fans if even a single thing is missing/censored, etc, even this is not as simple and straightforward a proposition as it once was.

This means that only games with a proven history/fanbase/appeal tend to get localised anymore.

Bandais BD strategy is a little different - at first glance, importing a BD requires a lot less investment and has fewer technical hurdles than importing a game (in reality, with the PS3, the main issues are just with DLC but many ppl dont even realise that the system is region free for games ) plus they sometimes offer dubs as well as subs.

In the end, be it anime or games, things are coming full circle - the anime/Japanese game boom is over and we are almost back to early-mid 1990s availability and pricing. Fortunately, that situation in the 90s convinced me to pick up Japanese in the intervening years, lol.

I think that the whole situation will never really change all the time there is such a thing as region locks and influence from third party distributors.

When and if these two things get sorted then the better for all imported media types, then at least they wont get religated to the imports section or dark corner of your local media stockest.

The wealthy investor thing could work afterall, just seen on the news that a guy is investing millions into remaking the Titanic, not the film the actual ship, so he can run a vintage style trans-atlantic cruise package.

There is hope for Macross yet.