Variable Fighter Master File VF-0

Penguin

Not just that, but the 0B, as well as a fuller explanation of the 0D's "enhanced EW capabilities".

I guess because the B is a two seater version of the A/S I don't find it nearly as interesting as the 0D which has a lot of different payload configs and overall looks different too.

I guess because the B is a two seater version of the A/S I don't find it nearly as interesting as the 0D which has a lot of different payload configs and overall looks different too.

I disagree. I've been intrigued with the B variant ever since it's first appearance in Tenjin Hidetaka's first Valkyries with the words "Space Proving Wing" stencilled on the side.

As we're all well aware, the VF-0 is an atmospheric fighter. Therefore, the implications are that the 0B has some extra modifications for space use.

28ixgt1.jpg

Ok... I'll stop now. I really should get back to work.

Back on topic - really excited to see what art will be in the book!

ok... i really need to think my words out phoentically right?

I'm Charging mah BFG! nice pic LOL

I disagree. I've been intrigued with the B variant ever since it's first appearance in Tenjin Hidetaka's first Valkyries with the words "Space Proving Wing" stencilled on the side.

As we're all well aware, the VF-0 is an atmospheric fighter. Therefore, the implications are that the 0B has some extra modifications for space use.

That's the first I've heard of this. Based on everything I saw of the B it was just a two-seater A to me.

Even marked "Space Proving Wing", the VF-0B is still depicted as taking off from a carrier in the model kit box art. I've always figured the SPW was a general testing unit, weapons, organization, tactics, etc, with the VF-0B being identical to the other VF-0s.

Then, of course, there's the Marine VF-0Cs...

I don't think the B is the only 0 designed for space flight. Edgar told Shin that the 0 was designed for space flight or something and that's why it was okay in the water. I doubt the SPW was only B's and agree with What Talos said.

Chris

I don't think the B is the only 0 designed for space flight. Edgar told Shin that the 0 was designed for space flight or something and that's why it was okay in the water.

Erm, you do realize that space-worthy vehicles are designed to keep relatively low atmospheric pressure inside, and submersibles are designed to keep relatively high water pressure outside, right?

Erm, you do realize that space-worthy vehicles are designed to keep relatively low atmospheric pressure inside, and submersibles are designed to keep relatively high water pressure outside, right?

Sketchley, as you know I didn't write the farking script. Just quoting what Edgar said. ;)

Well Edgar might be delirious from lack of Merkan burger but that's what he told Shin.

Thanks Veef.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Sketchley, as you know I didn't write the farking script. Just quoting what Edgar said.

No worries. There's a lot of bad translations out there. I think my favourite is "brief 25" when it's supposed to have been "VF-25".

No worries. There's a lot of bad translations out there. I think my favourite is "brief 25" when it's supposed to have been "VF-25".

Tradutore traditore.

So you’re implying Edgar didn’t say so to Shin. Could you please kindly tell us what he actually said since you seem to know the answer?

The fact that all VF-0 have low-thrust vernier motors on their airframes is indicative of their being developed for use in space in some manner. That said, it's strongly implied that the VF-0B has been modified so it's performance in space is greater than that of the VF-0A, D and S, and I am hoping that this book provides some information on that.

The fact that all VF-0 have low-thrust vernier motors on their airframes is indicative of their being developed for use in space in some manner. That said, it's strongly implied that the VF-0B has been modified so it's performance in space is greater than that of the VF-0A, D and S, and I am hoping that this book provides some information on that.

How is it strongly implied? Is it just by the words "Space Proving Wing," or is there more?

• 2 weeks later...
Funny you should mention that... as I was looking them up (for another site) earlier today. It's not there. But you can keep checking this: http://www.amazon.co...sl_5elyc2kigh_e (in short it's a search for "Variable Fighter Master File" on the site. The Softbank Creative page w/ same search: http://www.sbcr.jp/search.php?w=%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB This site: http://www.getchu.co...phtml?id=730979 has some info of note:

So, February and still no official announcement of this book. Is this still based only on rumor or what?

Edited by hulagu

So, February and still no official announcement of this book. Is this still based only on rumor or what?

C'mon, be realistic... has GAGraphic ever released a Master File book on schedule? Give it a bit, if it's coming out it'll be late.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

• 1 month later...

Only two months late. Not bad.

Yeah, better late than never. The flip side of this coulda been "Not enough interest" or "Moving in another direction", which is just code for not gonna happen. Glad it's still coming.

Yeah, better late than never. The flip side of this coulda been "Not enough interest" or "Moving in another direction", which is just code for not gonna happen. Glad it's still coming.

The other books seem to sell out pretty well. If you don't buy one up in the first few months they're usually pretty hard to track down.

• 2 months later...