Variable Fighter Master File VF-0

Penguin

^ This... I literally just got mine in the mail about 10 mins ago and noticed this - and I don't mind it at all. I dig.

I guess I can make this too when I make the 1/60 armour for the VF-0's :3

I've gotta buy a second spare now???? I'm still waiting to modify my first one into a D.

Hey, I'm still on the lookout for another VF-0S for the armour... Otherwise it'll have to go on the floppy mess that is my current VF-0S... Getting back to the book, I'd have liked to have seen more cross sections and/or more armoured pics. Also a pic or two of an SV-51 in battroid... But all in all, a satisfying book.

The renders and rendering techniques are so much better than before, super sharp details and subtle shadows as well as better integration into the photo backgrounds. Now... Time for a VF-11 book!

Hey, I'm still on the lookout for another VF-0S for the armour... Otherwise it'll have to go on the floppy mess that is my current VF-0S... Getting back to the book, I'd have liked to have seen more cross sections and/or more armoured pics. Also a pic or two of an SV-51 in battroid... But all in all, a satisfying book.

The renders and rendering techniques are so much better than before, super sharp details and subtle shadows as well as better integration into the photo backgrounds. Now... Time for a VF-11 book!

I was thinking that based on the preview images I had seen that the photos were much better then the previous books. Then Veef posted that last Ark Royals one, which looks horribly polygonal and fake. It's a nice paint scheme though.

I was thinking that based on the preview images I had seen that the photos were much better then the previous books. Then Veef posted that last Ark Royals one, which looks horribly polygonal and fake. It's a nice paint scheme though.

Really? I can't see that :blink:

To be fair that's one picture on a page of like four or five.

It is a little strange to think they guys had to make their own 3d models even though Zero is the first Macross series with CG Valkyries. The Battroid pictures looks different than Satelight's models that's for sure.

post-1819-0-02147600-1349293291_thumb.jpg

It's actually great they made their own 3D. The two-seater are more beautiful than the original line art. They re-do the cockpit of the two-seater and make it look more streamline than just a bulge from the original design.

I was actually discussing just that with Seto yesterday. I don't care for much of the changes to the cockpit for the B/D, mostly that double-bubble shape it acquired. It's not so bad in 3D or in the page on VF-0 variants, but to me looks awful in the Structure of VF-0 section. I just preferred the continuous flow of the original's. Though, I'll admit, the variant page look for the canopy is growing on me. It's just a shame they didn't cover the Space Proving Wing markings for the VF-0B. That was one of my favorite Hasegawa looks.

Two things we did notice yesterday were the ARMD-00 Constitution and the fuel tanks taken from the F/A-20A, related to the F/A-20N Dragon IIs that Prometheus carries according to VF-1 Master File.

I didn't notice they changed the shape of the two VF-0 canopies until you guys pointed it out. Perhaps it's their way of making sure there is enough space for the second seat to rotate for Battroid mode.

Going by recollection, since my book's downstairs, I think it actually either kept the rear headroom the same or reduced it.

here's some pics so we can obsessively debate it!

Thanks for those, VF5SS, you and I were thinking the exact same thing.

When I got home, I overlaid the old Hasegawa VF-0B canopy I drew for a profile a while back over the cockpit transformation diagram and, using the front edge of the windscreen glass and the very end of the canopy as reference points (since the lower part of it is completely different), the Hasegawa's canopy bow is farther forward and there's more headroom in the aft canopy. Does the pilot need it? Probably not. I've just grown used to the old look and seeing something that different is weird, just like the canopy (and most of the rest of the plane) on the Hasegawa VF-11 model kit.

post-5201-0-28635200-1349549771_thumb.jpg

I'm getting mine today so I'll scan that part if you want.

There was a F-14 fitted with VF-1 engines testbed in the old VF-1 Valkyrie doujin too. I dunno if it transformed.

post-1819-0-79218300-1349103910_thumb.jpg

LOL even though there are no more American Tommy's airborne, there still are NC-8A's being used (but not in the fleet, not for 15+ years) at some airfields...

Just got my book. I'm very happy with it and like it a lot. Did notice that they are missing a cannon squadron in the back or in any photo's...the Bunny squadron, Skull squadrons sister squadron on the Asuka II during the events of Mac 0.

The book is REALLY making me want Hasegawa to rerelease their VF-0 and SV-51 models.

Chris

Just got my book. I'm very happy with it and like it a lot. Did notice that they are missing a cannon squadron in the back or in any photo's...the Bunny squadron, Skull squadrons sister squadron on the Asuka II during the events of Mac 0.

The book is REALLY making me want Hasegawa to rerelease their VF-0 and SV-51 models.

Chris

Yes! I was griping about the Bunnies too. I should look at the table of where the fighters are assigned again in the back of the book, I think it showed another squadron on the Asuka II. VF-11 or something.

Whew, finally showed up yesterday. I found it interesting in the back of the book they have that rough lineage of Valks. The VF-0->VF-1->VF-3000->VF-5000->VF-11 makes sense. But the Branch that has the VF-4->VF-9->VF-17 doesn't make nearly as much. It's nice to see some VF-3000 images and more of the VF-11. The VF-0 itself looks great in these "real world" shots. It would be great to see a VF-11 and VF-17 book as I think those two would also lend themselves well to "real world" looking photos.

The VF-0->VF-1->VF-3000->VF-5000->VF-11 makes sense. But the Branch that has the VF-4->VF-9->VF-17 doesn't make nearly as much.

It's best to consider the VFMF series of books to be fan made - which explains away some of the odd choices and factual errors.

Anyhow, an alternative to the geneological chart:

http://nomansland.si...g35716#msg35716

(scroll down to: 082 The Genealogy of VFs and their development)

In short, BOTH the VF-9 and VF-5000 branches merge into BOTH the VF-11 and VF-14.

Edited by sketchley

It's best to consider the VFMF series of books to be fan made - which explains away some of the odd choices and factual errors.

Anyhow, an alternative to the geneological chart:

http://nomansland.si...g35716#msg35716

(scroll down to: 082 The Genealogy of VFs and their development)

In short, BOTH the VF-9 and VF-5000 branches merge into BOTH the VF-11 and VF-14.

It's less about whether it's actually "factual" and more about the fact that it doesn't make any sense.