Variable Fighter Master File VF-0

Penguin

Destroid Master File Almanac... Drooooool. Would have to have an entry and info on the Octos too.

As much as I like the more obscure valks, I'd be happy with a chapter dedicated to each one and having them all in 1 book. A fanboy can dream.

I'm looking forward to inevitable 3/4 ortho of the VF-0 reactive armour. And close ups of the different head units.

• 1 month later...

In my completely uninformed opinion, what is taking these guys so long?

In other news I wonder what the odds are they'll make books for some of the more "obscure" Valks. They've already got models/art assets for the VF-4, 11, 17 and 171 based on the other four books already released.

In my completely uninformed opinion, what is taking these guys so long?

In other news I wonder what the odds are they'll make books for some of the more "obscure" Valks. They've already got models/art assets for the VF-4, 11, 17 and 171 based on the other four books already released.

Uhm....layoffs perhaps? Have you checked the front page?

How does shutting down the website portion of the company affect the rest of the publication business? There's no mention of any other department having layoffs but there is mention the publication side will continue.

First it was Tochiro, not Exo.

Also, I agree with Renato. It wasn't clear which front page. GA Graphics is the one most logical...

Shutting down one division means restructuring the company. Which means disruptions to the other sections of the company in some form or another. The smaller the company is, the greater those disruptions are going to be. Also, pending the business model of the company in question, it might be half (or more) of the workforce being laid off with a high probability that some of those that are being dismissed are involved in the upcoming publication.

Edited by sketchley

Keep in mind that GA Graphic is a label (or imprint) under Softbank Creative (which is a subsidiary of Softbank). Dissolving the editorial unit means taking out the head, which means the staff (which was probably tiny to begin with) will either be reassigned or layoffs. And then the work piles on. So having the VFMF: VF-0 pushed back to August is to be expected. Consider it a reprieve on your wallet for Macross goods.

You're right, Exo published Tochiro's news!!!

And yes, shutting down one division will have some sort of impact on the others.

I usually give credit where it's due. I can't find where Tochiro put up that news. It was actually sent to me by someone else.

You're right, Exo published Tochiro's news!!!

?? Not following this conversation AT ALL.

What front page

Exo is informing that GA Graphic's website is shutting down at the end of this month.

Confused. In the context of this convo, Tochiro informed Mommar...

Edited by sketchley

I don't think we're as obsessive here about news credit anyway, even though we try.

+1 ;)

The important news is that soon enough we'll have this new Master File in our hands. Can't remember how long since I preordered this book!!!

Wow - thank you everyone for making my morning commute that much more humorous. This thread has definitely taken a turn for the surreal and sort of supports my original point.

While Renato was being sarcastic, at first I thought that much of the confusion was due to me not specifying which front page I was referring too. But then I thought 'HELL naw!' (followed by 'damn I need my morning coffee').

Why? because if I had meant GA Graphix, I would have said THEIR front page. It's only logical that I was referring to the front page of the very website we are all using. And yes, for those not in the know, MW has its own front page and a lot of people put a lot of work into it (especially EXO and Renato as of late).

I usually give credit where it's due. I can't find where Tochiro put up that news. It was actually sent to me by someone else.

No, no, it was all you mate. Sketchley was referring to my original post.

ah, ok... well. Less about news credit and back to Master File discussions. I don't think we're as obsessive here about news credit anyway, even though we try.

I think all contributors on the front page try to credit all information.

Thats just another reason why one of my pet peeves is people asking questions on forums or posting 'news' in the scoopda thread that other members have already taken the time to translate and post on the front page.

(My main pet peeve is people dumping large chunks of Japanese text in the forums with no explanation and expecting everyone else to do all the work translating/explaining, but thats a discussion for another time).

BTW, am I the only one who finds it hilarious that some people seem to think that 'Scoopda' is actually a forum member? :-D

How does shutting down the website portion of the company affect the rest of the publication business? There's no mention of any other department having layoffs but there is mention the publication side will continue.

Shutting down one division means restructuring the company. Which means disruptions to the other sections of the company in some form or another. The smaller the company is, the greater those disruptions are going to be. Also, pending the business model of the company in question, it might be half (or more) of the workforce being laid off with a high probability that some of those that are being dismissed are involved in the upcoming publication.

Sketchley hit the nail on the head. The company announces restructuring/layoffs within a week or two of the publication being delayed. Asking why is akin to wondering why trains don't run in the middle of a power outage imo. And the fact of the matter is that they have come out and actually updated the fans on the situation - something they had no obligation to do. This alone is pretty impressive for something that is basically a glorified doujin (and one that, imo, probably isn't profitable at that).

Might help if people read the front page more and not skip to the forums... i.e. We have more than just a BBS.

http://www.macrosswo...n-july-31-2012/

Congratulations! You win the internet, Good Sir! :-)

Long story short - its in everyones best interests to keep an eye on the front page. Not only do a lot of people put a lot of love and work into it, doing so also helps minimize redundant threads and questions.

Edited by Tochiro

• 2 weeks later...

And now you know....and knowing is half the battle. Geeeeee Iiiiiiiiiiiiii Joooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm a Computer.

• 1 month later...

They're flying one with an 11? How many of these survived Space War 1? They're playing fast and loose with this prototype idea huh? (I suppose Zero did as well really considering test craft aren't usually also flown in combat.)

It's like they're trying to copy Gundam or something...

... M0 did kinda provide a backstory for the test craft in combat thing: test craft is semi-mass produced to counter the AUA's variable fighter that was just starting to be mass-produced and then rushed into combat while still undergoing testing (the one thing that M0 didn't do too well was highlight that ongoing testing...)