Wich resin seat could fit a 1/72 hasegawa VF-1 cockpit?

Cesar Enrique

Hi comrades.

I wish to know if some of you have ever try to fit resin seats for extra detailing a 1/72 hasegawa VF-1, if so, wich model could fit properly? I read somewhere that F-18 resin seats could fit, but I haven´t try because those seats are not cheap and if it doesn´t fit, I don´t know what I´m going to do with it

I want to make a hasegawa gerwalk conversion with an open canopy and a detailed cockpit, Any suggestions for resin seats?

I would suggest scratch building with styrene. Using the any existing resin cast seats will basically be the premise to your custom. Also, you can make the build more to your artistic nuances.

But if you do wish to use the resin cast seat IMHO I would go with ACES II Ejection seat for the F-15 or F-16 with a combination of the F-18 Hornet Ejection seat. Not exact but I think this combined would definitely fit the bill.

Id say none. The VF-1 seat in teh kit is pretty decent if a little simple. Only the earlier resin VF-1s had better seats but good luck finding one. Id agree with scratch making one or detailing up the supplied kit part to more match what you see.

As seats go, the kit's is actually very good and probably doesn't need any enhancements. I would suggest keeping it and adding some e seat belts from tape.

I would suggest scratch building with styrene. Using the any existing resin cast seats will basically be the premise to your custom. Also, you can make the build more to your artistic nuances.

But if you do wish to use the resin cast seat IMHO I would go with ACES II Ejection seat for the F-15 or F-16 with a combination of the F-18 Hornet Ejection seat. Not exact but I think this combined would definitely fit the bill.

I'd go with the F-15. The F-16's is at an angle which might prevent it from fitting.

I agree that the kit seat is fine & I will not be changing them out on my kits. As for fitting aftermarket seats, I tested the GRU-7 (A-6 & F-14), ACES II (F-15 & F-16) & SJU-5/A (F/A-18) ejection seats & the only ones that 'fitted' comfortably were the SJU-5/A seats. All of the seats were too tall & the bases will need sanding down considerably. Also, the GRU-7 seats were also too wide

• 2 weeks later...

Hi comrades.

I wish to know if some of you have ever try to fit resin seats for extra detailing a 1/72 hasegawa VF-1, if so, wich model could fit properly? I read somewhere that F-18 resin seats could fit, but I haven´t try because those seats are not cheap and if it doesn´t fit, I don´t know what I´m going to do with it

I want to make a hasegawa gerwalk conversion with an open canopy and a detailed cockpit, Any suggestions for resin seats?

If I might suggest, I have had success using the kit supplied seat with a combination of various pieces from Photo etch detail sets for the F-18, F-15 and F-16. As some of the others have stated, you can also add even more detail with styrene. Also, pick up a pack of guitar strings. The varying thickness and texture of the strings can provide great details and a unique look.