1/300 HWR-00 Monster

Justiciar

Hi All,

Probably not a lot of interest to you guys since it's pretty small, but today was a milestone. The first digital kit I ever started was the Monster. That was almost 5 years ago. Had a whole lotta problems with it. But I finally sent it off to the printer a couple weeks back and I received it in the mail today.

Here's the link to all the digital work: http://s66.photobuck...across/Monster/ (and yes, I fixed the feet to be round like they're supposed to)

monster_tfs.png

And here's the link to all the pics of the actual model: http://s66.photobuck...ticiar/Monster/

monster_resin_2.jpg

Sorry the pics are so bad. It's a translucent material and doesn't photo for beans. And I'm a lousy photographer. The solid white inside the model is support wax that didn't drain out during cleaning. It won't be an issue for use guyse. It was printed on an HR Invision Plus in super high resolution. It's pretty darn smooth and the details, panel lines, etc. came out great. It's my new favorite material to print in.

Not really visible, but the main body is actually left and right halves. I thought it would make the casting easier. Unfortunately it warped (they throw it in an oven to remove the wax) so they don't line up quite right. I'll see if I can fix it, but I might end up re-growing it as a single piece, though I'd rather not. Might require a bit of putty in the end.

That's a rubber band holding the hips onto the pelvis. No, the stick is not up his... Everything else is held on by friction. The shoulders rotate, the "wrists" rotate, but everything else is pretty rigid. Well, the hips are ball-in-socket. That's the poopy-plate in the foreground, along with some Frankenstein bolts.

That's one of my Tomahawks thrown in for scale. Now, my Tomahawk is more like 1/240 to keep it closer to modern Iron Wing Metals castings. The Monster is 1/300, and it's still 3" to the top of the cannons.

If that doesn't put the Fear of Dog into your players nothing will.

Edited by Justiciar

Congratulations! That must be quite a feeling of accomplishment to see your work generated in solid three dimensions. Can't wait to see it with a primer coat for a better view of all the details.

HR Invision Plus. I don't *think* that qualifies as SLA, but I'm too lazy to go check. It's cool stuff. Cost ~$300 to print. The resin will be less, but that's not why I'm here. I was just super excited to finally make progress on it and had to share. I'll take new photos when it comes out of the rubber.

• 2 months later...

Congrats Justiciar, looks great!

It must be something in the air, I've also been heavily into the monster of late, just finished my 1/2000 and working on a 1/48. Have you decided on a price yet?

Cheers

Ahab

Price is $60 apiece, plus S&H. Yes, it absolutely is too much. I could go into details, but it wouldn't really change that simple fact. I don't really expect anyone here to be interested, regardless of price, due to scale and that I wasn't completely faithful to the detailing. I just wanted to share it because I'm so happy it's finally finished.

Congratulations as well! It came out great and the casting looks clean too. It will go great with your other miniatures. Now you just have to paint one up ;) - MT