VF-11 Thunderbolt WIP

neoexcaliber

Hi guys. This is my own attempt at modeling the VF-11 based on the 1/72 hasegawa kit. It's not accurate and there are many errors here and there but I just wanted to get it done as practise. I'll probably redo it from scratch once I get the actual kit as it's hard to find proper reference on-line. So far the cockpit is very basic and there are no landing gears yet but I will probably start texturing it first. This is where I need help from you guys. If someone has a hi-res scan of the stickers/decals and instructions/manual from the Hasegawa kit, that would help me a lot for texturing. The ones available online are not clear enough and the texts are too small to make out. I've also tried asking in the model kit sub forum but it hasn't been very helpful. Anyway, here are some basic renders without any textures. These are only renders with materials. The panel lines were cut into the polygon itself. Any comments/feedbacks would be greatly appreciated and I will keep them in mind when I work on the V2. :D

post-3593-0-24499800-1325506866_thumb.jpgpost-3593-0-45417300-1325506872_thumb.jpgpost-3593-0-91453100-1325506876_thumb.jpg

Hi guys. This is my own attempt at modeling the VF-11 based on the 1/72 hasegawa kit. It's not accurate and there are many errors here and there but I just wanted to get it done as practise. I'll probably redo it from scratch once I get the actual kit as it's hard to find proper reference on-line. So far the cockpit is very basic and there are no landing gears yet but I will probably start texturing it first. This is where I need help from you guys. If someone has a hi-res scan of the stickers/decals and instructions/manual from the Hasegawa kit, that would help me a lot for texturing. The ones available online are not clear enough and the texts are too small to make out. I've also tried asking in the model kit sub forum but it hasn't been very helpful. Anyway, here are some basic renders without any textures. These are only renders with materials. The panel lines were cut into the polygon itself. Any comments/feedbacks would be greatly appreciated and I will keep them in mind when I work on the V2. :D

post-3593-0-24499800-1325506866_thumb.jpgpost-3593-0-45417300-1325506872_thumb.jpgpost-3593-0-91453100-1325506876_thumb.jpg

*Thawp Thwap thwap* Hold on! i dont often masturbate to awesome freelance art.... *Thawp Thwap thwap* :wub:

The textures are finally done. The design/color scheme is based on a build by puttey_mariwo which I saw here. His build was one of the best I've seen on-line so I decided to copy it but I'll probably make some amendments later on. View the video in full HD to have a better look at what I've done. Special thanks to Chris@Dobber for helping me out with the decals/sticker placement. Next up: a short animation featuring this plane. :D

Wow! I'm speechless! The quality of some cg models (like this one) is Truely amazing. This really is a beautiful model, you should be proud of it! Fantastic work!!

Chris

i hope your video looks like the ones in the yukikaze intro :D . that would be so cool.

EDIT: looking at the video, I concluded my expectations are too high. A fanmade flight video of the vf-11 is already thumps up on my scale. am still looking forward to your video.

Edited by cannon_fodder674

i hope your video looks like the ones in the yukikaze intro :D . that would be so cool.

EDIT: looking at the video, I concluded my expectations are too high. A fanmade flight video of the vf-11 is already thumps up on my scale. am still looking forward to your video.

tumblr_lfp2hoS7xu1qc9f5v.jpg

Funny you should mention yukikaze coz it's a part of my reference. :p On a serious note, I do plan on making a short animation but the completion date depends on my day job and the fact that I don't have many Macross-related 3d models yet. Which means I'll have to build them one by one, unless someone wants to donate their fairly detailed model.

Very Sexy!

You have that in a higher resolution?

Here's a bigger render:

http://img94.imagesh...0120113vf11.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there any plans to do a VF-11D version (may fav... B)) ).

That would be soo damn cool.

I am loving your work!

I don't know why by I get so jazzed when I see some outstanding CG work on unloved Valk designs (VF-9 excluded.. -_- )...

Thanks for sharing

Are there any plans to do a VF-11D version (may fav... B)) ).

That would be soo damn cool.

I am loving your work!

I don't know why by I get so jazzed when I see some outstanding CG work on unloved Valk designs (VF-9 excluded.. -_- )...

Thanks for sharing

There might be, after I get the base vf-11 ready for transformation to battroid first. It might take some time though coz I'm out of holidays. The good news is you might see something related from Kurisama soon. :D