Any known toy reissues in celebration of the Macross 30th Anniversary?

mqvu

I just hope they produce more macross goodness and further flesh out the universe.

Offtopic: Is there a thread here for new members? I can't believe I just found out about this forum, despite having collected macross related toys for a decade now. Cheers.

So, I got this link in the Yamato e-mail magazine.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/after/supportend.html

It's a list of products which are no longer covered by the Yamato customer service. This is conjecture on my part, but i would say it's likely that they are not planning reissues of any of these particular items for a long time. I'm actually surprised at how long the list is. And I'm also annoyed because I just bought a 1/24 Ingram a few weeks ago which has some minor but numerous issues and I'm kinda stuck with them now.

http://www.yamato-to...supportend.html

It's a list of products which are no longer covered by the Yamato customer service. This is conjecture on my part, but i would say it's likely that they are not planning reissues of any of these particular items for a long time. I'm actually surprised at how long the list is. And I'm also annoyed because I just bought a 1/24 Ingram a few weeks ago which has some minor but numerous issues and I'm kinda stuck with them now.

Of note, Max and Milia's VF-1J's. Don't count on re-issues of those I suppose.

I sincerely hope you are wrong :(

I don't know how often that website is updated or if other things on that list have been re-issued at some point either. The YF-19 has made appearance after appearance over the years so maybe I am wrong about this too.

I don't know how often that website is updated or if other things on that list have been re-issued at some point either. The YF-19 has made appearance after appearance over the years so maybe I am wrong about this too.

I'm still kicking myself for letting this two pass!! I always preorder when buying macross toys but decided to wait with the M&M. I'm suffering that decision now.

http://www.yamato-to...supportend.html

i don't seem to see the VE-1, the VT-1, and the VF-1D (Hikaru) in that yamato-list.

at least, not yet...

:)

Edited by treatment

I do see the VF-1S Hikaru and Focker 1/60 V2 on that list. They're the anniversary versions but I find it unlikely we won't see more of those should demand exist. Of course, if we see more of them they will be the clear canopy new crotch variety. I wonder if the same would be true of other V2 toys on that list. The tinted canopy original crotch types are done being serviced but I doubt that means you should lose hope of a clear canopy new crotch version being released eventually.

huh?

Brown (Cannon Fodder/Mass Production) VF-1A with a "movie" A-type head (more angular, larger eyepiece and a black eyepiece surround). They could even make it an exclusive and I'd buy it. I just prefer the movie A-type head to the TV A-type head.

Brown (Cannon Fodder/Mass Production) VF-1A with a "movie" A-type head (more angular, larger eyepiece and a black eyepiece surround). They could even make it an exclusive and I'd buy it. I just prefer the movie A-type head to the TV A-type head.

Been waiting for the VF-1A DYRL? Cannon Fodder too!!! I also like the DYRL? 1A head too.

And I can't display my CF's in battroid mode with my DYRL? valks.

oh. i don't have the CF, so i wasn't really aware of it. the no-paint 1A-kit also sport the tv-head.

maybe they'll release a proper DYRL-CF complete with the FPs and the green arrow-markings during DYRL-anniversary?

That's what I'm hoping for. The FPs would be a bonus, I just want the DYRL? head. They already have the mold for it, just gotta do the right color (should be a slightly darker brown than the TV CF, like the original v1 1/60 TRU CF).

I'd also kill for a Low Viz v1 (gray) and v2 (woodland camo) in 1/60. My Low Viz 2 1/48 is the only 1/48 I kept.

That's what I'm hoping for. The FPs would be a bonus, I just want the DYRL? head. They already have the mold for it, just gotta do the right color (should be a slightly darker brown than the TV CF, like the original v1 1/60 TRU CF).

I'd also kill for a Low Viz v1 (gray) and v2 (woodland camo) in 1/60. My Low Viz 2 1/48 is the only 1/48 I kept.

In would buy both, love the woodland camo as it seems like it was made to commemorate the retirement of the Mitsubishi F-1.

Why would they abondon all these molds they put all this effort in to making them they should always release the most popular toys like Gundam does.I don't think they stop making a certain model unless they have upgraded it.

I don't personally dont like 1/60 scale Vf-11 versions I perfer the 1/48, but instead of making popular colors and max out on it they would rather release some obsure colors ,25th anniversary in black, woodland camouflage or any other bizzare color. I mean why not release the fan favorites Low vis or something and have some competions were fans can vote on a some new color variations.

I would like ot see some fan favorites back.

Edited by moose

I hope that this is not too off topic but I was just thinking that for the 30th anniversary it would be pretty epic if Kawamori et. al. made a macross 2012 movie bringing back the old crew, a more detailed version of flashback with more plot and filling in the story of Hikaru, Misa, Minmay and the rest. More wishful thinking I guess.

I think...I...need... these! I hope produce a full line of these like the Gundam Converge line which is totally awesome.

I wonder why they are rereleasing the 1/3000 sdf-1? I thought, being the super expensive and kind of niche market product that it is, that it didn't sell all that well to warrant a rerelease. At least, it was on sale at HLJ, and they still have stock?

Sure enough it's still in stock at HLJ.com despite still being 15% off. If only reissuing meant the price would go down, I could grab one of these to display with the 1/250 fighter collection toys.

Max and Miriya VF-1J's 1/60 V2 as well. I am still kicking myself for not getting those when they came out (I thought I could wait on them a few months..) and I don't want to drop a car payment to get them again.

Oh and a TV SDF1 as well. I love the DYRL one so much I would also get the TV one.......and have them battle Rockem Sockem style on my display case.....cause I can......Macross Attack vs. Macross Attack....TV vs. Movie.....who will win!........Drool...... :lol: