1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

There is so much more that we want from this but it's so very beautiful as is, hopefully when this sales well we will get a new line with everything we want ( different unit colors including special ones gunpods pylon weapons and the like). I have to admit I to want more from this but I have to remind myself it's a miracle just to see a prototype toy let alone a toy release. Let us tell Yamato how much we appreciate this by buying and hope they get the message.

I can see the majority of people displaying this in fighter mode. Looks really nice. I bet people will mod it so it can hold the gu-11 gunpod. I wonder if the hands are detachable?

From the description:

付属品 : パイロットフィギュア(コクピット用)、マクロスディスプレイスタンド(別売)用アタッチメント、可動用手(L/R)、マーキングステッカー、取扱説明書

Accessories: pilot figure (for cockpit), Macross display stand attachment (sold separately), movable hands (L / R), marking sticker, manual

Woot stand small miracle! Wonder what the moveable hands are?

No stand. They're including a stand attachment so it can be mounted on one of Yamato's stands (sold separately). However, it's good to get confimation, of sorts, that the figure will come with movable/articulated hands.

I don't think I'm the only one loving this scheme as is. We'll get or hikaru skull scheme eventually...

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I prefer this "CF" version over a Hikaru version at this point. Sure, I'd take a Hikaru version, but even the standard pilots need love, too. Besides, I really like the coloring on this. It's a little more realistic, so no, you're definitely not the only one. :)

I don't think I'm the only one loving this scheme as is. We'll get or hikaru skull scheme eventually...

As long as I like the scheme I don't care about who "piloted" what machine. My love of a design is entirely separate from any of that stuff. As long as it looks cool I don't really care where it comes from or if I've seen an episode/movie/video game/comic/whatever that it comes from.

As long as I like the scheme I don't care about who "piloted" what machine. My love of a design is entirely separate from any of that stuff. As long as it looks cool I don't really care where it comes from or if I've seen an episode/movie/video game/comic/whatever that it comes from.

What the man said!!!

There is so much more that we want from this but it's so very beautiful as is, hopefully when this sales well we will get a new line with everything we want ( different unit colors including special ones gunpods pylon weapons and the like). I have to admit I to want more from this but I have to remind myself it's a miracle just to see a prototype toy let alone a toy release. Let us tell Yamato how much we appreciate this by buying and hope they get the message.

I am going to get this and hopefully a Variable Glaug (if they decide to make it as a surprise release one day much like the konig monster)

If the quality is there then I am happy. I can take a high price if the toy isn't going to self destruct. I don't really collect any other line of toy accept macross. (maybe a few transformers here and there)

It all comes down to how badly people want something. $300-350+ might be a lot of money, but I spent about that much for a nintendo 3DS when it launched. I bought a PS Vita too. Remember that unlike the VF-1 yamato will not be able to milk this release with half a dozen different repaints. So I can see why all the wallet rape for the rarer mecha. I think when masterpiece prime version 2 released he was something like $300 and he is a popular well known character. This thing is not as well known. What if it ends up like VF-11 (which I heard did not sell that well just because the mecha was a cannon fodder so isn't as popular as the hero mechs)

I only wish they would do Mospeada toys too. Bandai has the mac F license and it does not look like we will see anything from yamato for a long time. (if ever)

When I first came to these boards people were always so depressed about how little macross toys there are and people would take pride in hunting down the rarer stuff from the past. Nowadays they can have new stuff that is better than before but complain they can't afford it. I think as long as the toys are still available to buy when you do finally get enough money saved up to get one, then that is fine by me. My only complaint is when they get so hard to find that you end up paying the scalpers the money. (this is the case with bandai toys)

I would much rather yamato get my money (and use the funds to do more risky mech designs) and rape my pockets than the ebay scalper. Bandai may have improved their toy quality but in exchange they have also made it a pain to get access to anything.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If hkcollectibles.com open a pre-order, it I'd order from them. I have used LocusHK before with no dramas, but they wouldn't be my first pick...

I have a pre-order with 5% discount in Japan already, otherwise I'd be waiting on HKCollectibles as shipping from HK is much cheaper than Japan. Only problem with HK stores is that it might be trickier to get refunds/replacements...

If hkcollectibles.com open a pre-order, it I'd order from them. I have used LocusHK before with no dramas, but they wouldn't be my first pick...

I have a pre-order with 5% discount in Japan already, otherwise I'd be waiting on HKCollectibles as shipping from HK is much cheaper than Japan. Only problem with HK stores is that it might be trickier to get refunds/replacements...

I already emailed HK collectibles already, hopefully they have it, they response is normally quite fast for enquires, hopefully i have an good answer, Japan proxy will costs about 35,000 Yen.. which is very expensive.

If HK have the preorders, i think i will order the valkyrie from HK collectibles.

Already bought 2 items from Sinh already.

The color scheme is really nice, better than any recent Yamato VF releases. With that said, the price of admission is going to be high before any shipping fees.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have prepared my wallet to get cratered near December for one of these.... :unsure: (Runs and hides in fetal position)

Wow....unlike a Bandai pre-order where you have 5 minutes to order through a site already in English I was able to translate the pages and order two units to go to my friend in Japan who'll forward them to me. What a concept! Pre-orders open for more than 5 minutes. :lol:

I did notice they said to confirm that your order appears under your account info because if it doesn't you need to resubmit. And also if I'm translating correctly they say that credit card processing is done later, after an e-mail notice is sent...is that correct?