1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

The VF-X was also a slight change of an existing toy and not a completely new figure built from scratch.

All they would have to do for this is change the color of the fuselage slightly and mold the nosecone in a different color. The sticker sheet wouldn't even have to change

Then again, what the hell do I know? I don't even own the VF-4 so I admittedly can't say much.

Edited by Falconkpd

There's an upgrade for that...

I know I know but it has to be smoothed out and primed and painted and detailed up and in a way so it is not noticeable when looking at the plane. I have some modeling experience so I'm 100% certain that I cannot achieve this.

Your model looks great though but my hopes are that Arcadia will include this head if they are reissuing the VF-4.

All they would have to do for this is change the color of the fuselage slightly and mold the nosecone in a different color. The sticker sheet wouldn't even have to change

Then again, what the hell do I know? I don't even own the VF-4 so I admittedly can't say much.

No what they have to do is to get Big West to sign off on letting them make the Flashback 2012 version.

If Big West's requirement was something along the lines of, "well if you want to make a transforming toy, you have to use the license that covers the VF-4 in all three modes and that's Digital Mission VF-X." I know it sounds bizarre, but that game is literally THE reason the VF-4 was finished as a design. There's a reason why the Gerwalk and Battroid modes are dated 1995 and not 1989 like the fighter mode.

I don't think they get irate about the video games having a transforming Flashback era VF-4 because they're just a part of a larger product and not the entirety of a product.

Then again maybe they were just straight up lying and all you can do is run around in circles trying to suss out the logic behind their decision.

Actually he tellls Claudia that it's a VF-X1. If I'm not wrong you can hear him say that. Also, shouldn't VF-X mean that it can actually transform considering it's a variable fighter?

On topic, if we go by game licensing, one company can basically create all valks with just the license off one game since MTF has pretty much all the valks.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way given how a crossover game like Macross 30 has copyright dates for the years corresponding to when prior games came out. For instance you have 1999 on there because that's when VF-X2 came out and covers the color variants from that game that appear in Macross 30.

Yep!, from what I understand, something like the VF-19A Raven scheme can be obtain from the VF-X game license because the scheme is particular to the game, but you can't make, let's say a VF-1S fokker, because the scheme is from SDFM/DYRL and not from the game itself. What Yamato did with the VF-4G was just obtain the license to make a valk featured in a game.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I'd definitely pick up an Arcadia re-release of this bird. I'm not a fan of the awkward battoid and gerwalk mode, but the fighter mode is fantastic.

Just fix up the popping off missile. :p

I think I'd have to also mod into FB2012 Skull as well. The 4G paint scheme is so bland.

It also sounds like the "not all modes shown" was just a cover for failing to acquire it.

Not really. It could just mean: "we have no idea what the paint scheme looks like in any configuration other than Fighter, and we'd prefer not to deal with fan backlash over any creative decisions".

• 2 months later...

Since you're suggesting more than $300 for a Yamato valk, I hope you don't get angry if someone wants to pay that amount of money for it.

I got angry because in my mind it looked like most people wanted the price for the upcoming VF-0D to be $300 or more and I really don't want to pay that much money for it and I would never myself pay $500 for a VF-4G but that seems to be where the price is for it most of the time.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

I got angry because in my mind it looked like most people wanted the price for the upcoming VF-0D to be $300 or more and I really don't want to pay that much money for it and I would never myself pay $500 for a VF-4G but that seems to be where the price is for it most of the time.

Dude please....find another hobbie if you can afford this. Or buy what you can and dont get in another peoples wallet.

^^ Good advice.

I do not think anyone here would patronize anyone else because they couldn't afford something. If they do, forget about them. These are pieces of plastic we're talking about after all, and as fun as they are to mess around with, there is more to life than getting frustrated over who has what and who can afford what.

Be happy with what you have. And if you have friends that share your interests, then all the better.

Also, there are other members on this site who know how to find good deals and who will share that information from time to time. Sometimes getting the best price takes patience and observation, and a willingness to hear what other people are saying.

Anyway, enough of that soapbox. I would love to pick up a VF-4G myself someday.