1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Total opposite here. I got divorced 2 years ago and the new (smoking hawt Asian) GF has no issues with my Macross, Transformers and Star Wars collections that are displayed around the house. In fact She's a bigger kid than I. I have recent stocked up on duct tape and rope in case she tries to get away from me, because she's a keeper. I would like to take this moment to thank my ex wife for leaving, you did me a solid. ;D

You just became my hero, I plan to live vicariously through you from here on out, don't let me down! :p

-Kyp

Total opposite here. I got divorced 2 years ago and the new (smoking hawt Asian) GF has no issues with my Macross...

I think I speak for everyone here when I say...WE HATE YOU! :lol::D

I think I speak for everyone here when I say... PICS (of said gf) or it didn't happen!

LOL

Edited by Phalanix

Do you think that they'll release the FB2012 version based on the sales of the limited version of the VF-4G?

There's two things about this. 1) They need the license for FB2012 which we don't know they have yet. 2) This very well could be some sort of gauge of interest for a VF-4 like they did with the 1/2000 SDF-1. My theory is that they already had the VF-X license or could get for MUCH cheaper than FB2012 and since it's a relatively newer product they assumed people might remember it more since it did have more exposure than Hikaru's five second appearance in a twenty minute music video from twenty five years ago. If it sells well enough they know the VF-4 is popular and they can go ahead and buy the FB2012 license and pop out toys with new paint schemes quickly enough plus they've got other VF-X paint schemes to fall back on. If it sells okay but not great they might be able to maximize the VF-X investment and milk the mold a little bit with other VF-X pain schemes and skip buying a new license for FB2012.

I have reservations about hk sellers getting this...

is that so? well the price is good http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/7148-vf-4g-lightning-iii.html

i think i just have to cross my finger

There is something unusual happened on the website as I've tried to login many times but was failed eventually...

perhaps because they on holiday untill today..?

Well I guess I can't keep you guys in suspense then with a bunch of "I'll get to its'" LOL. Cause yeah you were never going to get them pics anyway. ;)

I'll post pics of my Toy's, just not that Toy. I wouldn't trade a whole feet of VF-4G's for her. LOL

Speaking of VF-4G, I'm dying for some new pics, You would think that with December closing in we would be seeing something finished soon.

Good man :)

Some things are too good to be shared and are best kept for yourself, I say.

I'm really anxious for the vf-4g and I've got some big things preordered for the end of this year. I'm most excited about this one.

HLJ has their pre-order up: http://www.hlj.com/product/YMTGK-19

Their base price is cheaper than NY.

I placed an order with them too and selected the warehouse option to choose which shipping methods are most viable when the product becomes available in December.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Boom - what excellent timing. Just picked up a super easy freelance gig that will cover the cost of the VF-4G plus shipping quite nicely, and here I was saying the valk is too much. BUT I MUST HAVE... THE PRECIOUSSSSSsssss.

This is why I love HLJ. Good timing, good pricing, reliability. HLJ 4 LIFE.

Haaaaa, ok I shaddup now.

Is anyone having problems ordering at HLJ? I order it yet it doesn't show up in my account.

It's not real time, you should be fine as long as you receive order confirmation email. The item will only show up in your account after the email confirmation.

Purely speaking as someone who lives in the US...

How good HLJ's price ends up being will depend on the exchange rate at the time the payment is due. Anyone who preordered with NY when it first went up will be charged just under $400 with EMS shipping regardless of what the Dollar-Yen ration happens to be then. HLJ's price is given in Yen and works out to $330.45 sans shipping as of today. The question is, once shipping is factored, will HLJ's 25,700 Yen beat NY's price in December? That will depend on a lot of outside factors between now and then that will affect the value of the Dollar and the price of oil (US elections, EU PIIGS sovereign debt crisis, ME turmoil, etc.). If recent past is prologue inasmuch as Yen appreciation towards the Dollar is concerned, then that price advantage could evaporate in a 3 months; of course should events boost the greenback, HLJ's price will be even more attractive (if one can call ¥25,700 before shipping for a toy, attractive :wacko: ).

I suppose that the only foolproof way to know is to preorder from both vendors and wait to see which one ends up being the better value when it really counts... when payment must be made.

Regarding canceling. HLJ's is dead simple to do before payment request. I'm not sure about NY, but I assume an email cancelation request should suffice if a site canceling option is not present. In either case, one can just opt to let the payment window slip; although that may trigger some ramifications in one's ability to place future preorders.

Edited by mechaninac

I suppose that the only foolproof way to know is to preorder from both vendors and wait to see which one ends up being the better value when it really counts... when payment must be made.

Savvy advice, as long as you're cautious. As I understand it; NY send an invoice whereas HLJ can automatically deduct you depending on your payment agreement.

I opted to pay my proxy in full, to avoid any market crash calamity between here and the new year. The AUD can get really unstable.

Can you use PayPal to 'freeze' the amount by creating a JPY account and placing the funds in it? I'm pretty sure you can, but not 100% certain, or if there might be fees... :ph34r: