1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

For me none of the collecting Macross toys is really about "investing", it's the fact that the valks give me a warm feeling when I look at them on display. I really wanted this valk for a while now and am willing to pay the price for it.

For me none of the collecting Macross toys is really about "investing", it's the fact that the valks give me a warm feeling when I look at them on display. I really wanted this valk for a while now and am willing to pay the price for it.

+1

This is how I feel about all things I collect. Be it Macross, SOCs, Transformers etc. c",)

I was ready to pull the trigger on two of these, but the website wouldn't accept my credit card for the order. So I tried again for just one, probably the more financially responsible move. It went through, so I'm just getting one, not the two I really wanted.

I hope these things come around again sometime, but at least I got one coming my way.

If Yamato does another wave down the line I probably won't be able to talk myself out of getting another. Definitely won't if it's a new paint scheme.

That's what I tell my wife but she says that's not possible since I have so much stuff.

Simple. We have pyramids built for each of us so our tombs can be large and filled with all of our worldly possessions which we want to take with us to the afterlife.

The price is getting crazier with each new product launch. I don't thinks it's the demand not there, but more of the manufacturers wanting to recoup the investment asap and/or they think that regardless of any price they put, people will still buy them heaps. One can call them greedy, but it's a free market...

I don't know how Macross Frontier did with a world wide audience but it may not have been what Bandai was expecting in Gundam numbers. It may have brought some attention to the Macross universe but I'm not seeing Bandai products flooding the market. Yamato is much smaller and it's licensing deals have a small percentage of recognition which is one hit against them.

Harmony Gold owns the Macross license to the rest of the world. There was no "world wide" audience. Macross can only be shown/marketed in Japan.

The price is getting crazier with each new product launch. I don't thinks it's the demand not there, but more of the manufacturers wanting to recoup the investment asap and/or they think that regardless of any price they put, people will still buy them heaps. One can call them greedy, but it's a free market...

Doesn't help that the Yen has appreciated quite a bit over the last few years. That has added quite a bit to the price of Yamato toys for overseas customers and that part can't be blamed on the companies pricing policy.

Edited by Bri

Considering the poor shape of the US anime market, the poor sales ADV received when they did finally release original Macross in it's original form, and the fact that Bandai shuttered it's north American anime release branch back in January and announced they'd no longer be releasing anime beyond allowing other distributors to license series; it makes a lot of sense that these shows wouldn't be released world-wide regardless of problems with HG sitting on licenses.

It's not like the world anime market is booming, and it hasn't been since 2005 or so. If anything the US market has been shrinking by leaps and bounds if you count the sheer number of former anime releasing groups that have completely gone under since then.

HG does not have the money to beat Bandai, IMO.

What does Bandai have to do with Macross? They're the distributor. Big West is the owner, and they'd be the ones squaring off in any legal battles.

All the legal stuff there is to know on the issue (quoted in the first post): http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35826&st=0

Edited by sketchley

So up until now, NY is still the "cheapest" place one can pre-order the G. Almost makes me feel a little better securing one from them... almost.

post-664-0-68833800-1346778990.gifpost-664-0-68833800-1346778990.gifpost-664-0-68833800-1346778990.gif1500th post...!post-664-0-68833800-1346778990.gifpost-664-0-68833800-1346778990.gifpost-664-0-68833800-1346778990.gif

We'll see. :)

:huh: What do you know? Spill the beans or suffer the consequences... :angry::mellow::unsure:;):p:lol:

Hahah...OK! I'll talk! I tried out a proxy buyer for the first time ever so I'm waiting on how much they're gonna charge me shipping. I hope this goes well but they seem on the up'n'up.

Only drawback is that you gotta pay the initial price of the item up front so I can see many of us already shying away. It's tough to part with all that money so early but I'm hoping it guarantees my order.

Edited by xrentonx

Actually that's standard for NY. As they sell through their items they'll raise the price. They did this with the VF-171 as well. If you ordered sooner you got it for less.

Actually NY had lowered the price and put the 171 on sale for a week or two after I have already got mine from the pre order. After release it was actually cheaper for that small window of time. I think it was due to it not selling out like they thought it would.

Maybe. The wife recently made me pick my top 20 or so toys for a single modest display cabinet. The rest went into storage, and the other display cabs were repurposed for "adult stuff". The future is grim, my friends.

Total opposite here. I got divorced 2 years ago and the new (smoking hawt Asian) GF has no issues with my Macross, Transformers and Star Wars collections that are displayed around the house. In fact She's a bigger kid than I. I have recent stocked up on duct tape and rope in case she tries to get away from me, because she's a keeper. I would like to take this moment to thank my ex wife for leaving, you did me a solid. ;D

Total opposite here. I got divorced 2 years ago and the new (smoking hawt Asian) GF has no issues with my Macross, Transformers and Star Wars collections that are displayed around the house. In fact She's a bigger kid than I. I have recent stocked up on duct tape and rope in case she tries to get away from me, because she's a keeper. I would like to take this moment to thank my ex wife for leaving, you did me a solid. ;D

I think I speak for everyone here when I say...WE HATE YOU! :lol::D