1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

What I think they should do: if you pay up front, you get a free stand with the 30th anniversary logo engraving on the base to show you bought yours in 2012 which is the year the love triangle in SDFM tv series finally ended. (see the photo album close in the end credits on the year 2012 for the last episode)

Most won't be able to, but for those who saved up for this for ages, it would be a good reward. I think VF-4 deserves it's own unique base. Make it out of clear plastic where it attaches to the fighter but have the actual base be black as if it was the shadow for the plane taking off from the ground.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm seriously considering scouting out places to drill strategically placed holes in my various valks, and rig up some decent stands using metal armatures

or spend ten bucks on a Flight Pose stand and stop trying to ruin a figure with bad ideas

If this toy was a non-transforming toy and only had fighter mode but was 1/3rd the price do you think people might buy it stil?

Loads of people are just going to leave it in fighter mode. lol

They could save sooo much money. Sounds crazy but I have had my konig monster in only 1 mode for ages, (GERWALK of course) never bothering to transform it.

I agree with those that battroid head looks fugly on vf-4. Kawamori should modernise the design like he did when he made the VF-0 I reckon. (the phoenix is really just an updated version of the vf-1 with more curves)

The feet look like crap. No detail. This is one design that needs redesign imo for battroid mode.

If Yamato releases toys for the VFs, specially fighters, I would buy at less one of each variant. I'd like a sleeker 21 or 17 (my 2 fave valks) toys that to date suffer the worst anime magic treatment between modes. I know thera are models but not all people have the skill to build them.

What I think they should do: if you pay up front, you get a free stand with the 30th anniversary logo engraving on the base to show you bought yours in 2012 which is the year the love triangle in SDFM tv series finally ended. (see the photo album close in the end credits on the year 2012 for the last episode)

Most won't be able to, but for those who saved up for this for ages, it would be a good reward. I think VF-4 deserves it's own unique base. Make it out of clear plastic where it attaches to the fighter but have the actual base be black as if it was the shadow for the plane taking off from the ground.

It is a good idea, except that this is not the FB2012 color version of the valk. I am sure that such canonicality matters to a lot of otakus, like me.

Huh. NY won't accept my credit card. Weird. Are they still the only ones with a pre-order?

ishop2go.com has it for just shy of $400 + shipping. Maybe you can just set up a paypal account and then just do the preorder that way without using a credit card.

I agree with you, since this is limited, the sellers might have to go through proxy to secure the valkyrie.

And NY isn't serving as a "proxy"?....Since this valk is "only available as an online exclusive directly from the Yamato Webshop".......a proxy is the only way to go if you are outside of Japan........ ;)

I've wanted a VF-4 since I first saw FB as a kid, so thought this one would be a no brainer, for sure. I've been known for spending large amounts for rare items in the past ( I.e. 1/2000 Mac), original art, etc., but I'm just having trouble justifying $400 on a mass producted toy that will only see one mode on my shelf. Man, I'd love to see a non transforming alternative to this....come on Hasegawa!

If hasegawa made a fighter in 1/48, I'd buy 4 and then I would be done.

Well, what's up with giving us an adapter to a stand we can't even purchase or is out of production?!

I'm already working on 2 alternatives for these adapters. 1 cheap and another one that's a custom.

And NY isn't serving as a "proxy"?....Since this valk is "only available as an online exclusive directly from the Yamato Webshop".......a proxy is the only way to go if you are outside of Japan........ ;)

Hey jvmacross, I have approached quite a few proxy buyers, they are charging 30,000 to 35,000 yen for this item, I believe no shop will want to make zero profit from selling.. thus I have reasons to believe that NY has some commercial dealing with yamato.

I don't deny they are proxy buyers though.

But I just care abt the price and whether can they secure the valkyrie for me.

That's all that matters.

I missed the days I spent in Japan walking along streets of akiharbara.

And of course weekends looking for toys there. Lol...

It will be 3~ 4 mths wait....for this beauty to come out.

Haha

Looks very tempting at 360 USD, but their website reflects 2800 HKD.

Monmar, is the conversion correct?

The currency exchange rate for 2800 HKD is pretty right at $360 now, but I'm not sure what the shipping is going to be for them.

2,800.00 HKD = 360.982 USD Hong Kong Dollar ↔ US Dollar 1 HKD = 0.128922 USD 1 USD = 7.75662 HKD

â—€

Convert againMid-market rates: 2012-08-22 00:21 UTC

Hey jvmacross, I have approached quite a few proxy buyers, they are charging 30,000 to 35,000 yen for this item, I believe no shop will want to make zero profit from selling.. thus I have reasons to believe that NY has some commercial dealing with yamato.

I don't deny they are proxy buyers though.

But I just care abt the price and whether can they secure the valkyrie for me.

That's all that matters.

I missed the days I spent in Japan walking along streets of akiharbara.

And of course weekends looking for toys there. Lol...

It will be 3~ 4 mths wait....for this beauty to come out.

Haha

Honestly, I think all the profit that NY makes on these is through shipping charges.... It comes out to like 399 or so shipped.

Thanks Vi-Rs for the clarification, comparing the shipping, locushk looks like a cheaper source for me.

Haha ... Maybe I will consider getting 2.

But It will depend on my budget for the year end.. hahah

Honestly, I think all the profit that NY makes on these is through shipping charges.... It comes out to like 399 or so shipped.

I agree with you on that , but it doesn't makes business sense to just earn on shipping..

Anyways I preordered at locus HK as well, see how it goes.

Thanks Vi-Rs for the clarification, comparing the shipping, locushk looks like a cheaper source for me.

Haha ... Maybe I will consider getting 2.

But It will depend on my budget for the year end.. hahah

I agree with you on that , but it doesn't makes business sense to just earn on shipping..

Anyways I preordered at locus HK as well, see how it goes.

How much is locushk charging for shipping?

It will cost you about 45 bucks these days for EMS from HK to US, but most HK sellers tend to charge you EMS rate but have the package shipped as normal air parcel. Either way, the cost will turn out pretty close to NY but you get EMS shipping from NY.

I have been wanting Yamato to make this for years but now I just cant afford this birdy. In fact most of the transforming macross figures are too expensive for my diminishing budget. Maybe one day I could get one but for now this is just way too much. I have to say that I am disappointed that they made the VF-4 a limited edition and that the prices of these things keep getting higher. I remember when I bought my first 1/48 Yamato VF-1 for $115 and that was a very difficult purchase for me to rationalize. For those of you that can afford it, congratulations! It is a beautiful work of art and engineering.

It looks ok, not as cool as the yf-19 which I'm sure won't be limited when yamato eventually will do version 2 of. I think VF-4 is a little overrated to be honest. Fugly head. Fugly feet. Top-heavy robot mode design. Doesn't look at all threatening as the VF-17 (which has giant gunpod as well as arm guns and a stealthy shape). Part of the hype is how long it took for a toy to be made of it really. Yes fighter mode looks good, but no head laser to shoot missiles down? No gunpod to shoot with? No shield for the forearm to help absorb damage? The swing wing design of the vf-1 is probably still better in the air too for times when it has to dogfight outside of space. (obviously this is biased towards space fighting by the look of it)

Variable Glaug is way more interesting to me. It's a glaug that can transform. How is that not awesome?

I'm so tempted to pre-order this at NY, but i'm not sure if I REALLLLY want it. Need more pictures for enticement :D

Join us in the dark...

we offer goodies when you join the dark side...

The vf-4 is not a want but a NEED!!! :)

I really agree on that.... i need it.

It is another something which might not come by easily.

Shouldnt the fuselage be beige?

Look top right, on the right hand side of the macross world icon.

That is the colour scheme I know and love, where did this red and gray scheme come from =(?

Thats the only colour scheme I have ever seen for a VF-4.

Do I wait for another colour, and then maybe get nothing, or drop more money than I ever have or will now for a valk I love but an ok colour scheme??

Nooooooo

Shouldnt the fuselage be beige?

Look top right, on the right hand side of the macross world icon.

That is the colour scheme I know and love, where did this red and gray scheme come from =(?

Thats the only colour scheme I have ever seen for a VF-4.

Do I wait for another colour, and then maybe get nothing, or drop more money than I ever have or will now for a valk I love but an ok colour scheme??

Nooooooo

Almost like choosing a wife? Settle or wait...

;)B)):wacko: