1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

sorry i got the 25,700 on the main page. theres 2 prices on the image, 26,985 and next to it 25,700.

also when i said it was on par with frontier valks , i was referring to the renewals and ebay prices. all are above $300

ben

Actually 26,985 as the image says... sorry I got the message before the image went up on Yamato's page.

It's the price of TWO Bandai Frontier valks (or one off of eBay).

Frontier valks are less than 20k yen, unless you consider the scalped prices.

Edited by Boomstik01

My apologies too, Ben... I got a text saying that's what I owe. Forgot about the 5% discount. Even as I was posting the images on the front page I just kept thinking about what I'm about to spend.

Sigh... I just keep clicking thru the gallery.

It looks beautiful, stands fine on its own (I'm suprised none of the pictures say "Look Ma, no stand!") and the colors really will work well next to my 1J.

Now there are only two questions remaining: who will do the preorder, and when will it have to be paid?

Heh, if the money doesn't come out of my account until its released I'm good, if it's right now, um, I'm in trouble (Been putting aside 60 bucks a month since June, so I'm just under halfway now, but by Dec. that should cover the cost and shipping. . . :)

But if at all possible, this will be mine.

Heh, instead of saving for a car or house, I'm saving for a beautiful hunk of metal and plastic. My parents are probably rolling in their graves . . . .

But hey, life is short and joy even shorter - so there's no shame in grabbing it when you can!

Yeah, I would still love to get two myself, even at this price. I can probably afford it, unfortunately I'm actually coming to the realization that while I actually currently do have room for all these valks, they're going to be a royal pain to move out. :lol:

We'll have to see what it comes to once shipping and proxy buying comes into effect, since that will definitely impact the price.

Well, a good number of the people who said they would preorder it but weren't sure if they could afford it might still get it. I pretty much said that because the price limit I set in my head was nothing above 350 before shipping - higher than the 300 that almost half of the people polled set as their limit, but, well, arguably below "I will buy it at any price".

Some people were probably also swayed by actually seeing how beautifully Yamato pulled off the design.

This will hurt, and in the end will require seven months (yes, I started in June) of not going out, eating a lot of ramen noodles, and cancelling a few services - but its dooable.

In the past I've wanted to be able to support Yamato's releases just so we could see something like this, but financially I was never able to. Now that I can (I'm out of debt at least and making a little better money) I want to support the fighter that I never thought I'd see, if only in the hope that means that some of the people who are disappointed that this isn't the Hikaru version might get that, a Max, a Myria in regular release.

Just the fact that this thing has been made and appears to be made so well (all that die-cast makes me think this has got to be at least up to the standards set by Yamatos latest releases) has made my year.

I suspect at least a few more VF-4 lovers are out there that are impressed enough with this sculpt to dive in despite their rational hesitation.

It is funny to think that fifteen years ago people were shelling out more than this for not quite pristine Takatoku valks.

Macross fandom has gotten so much better since the nineties . . . . :)

Provided it's not too back heavy that Battroid mode might be a lot of fun to pose. Though it does look like we're not getting those rotating shoulders like some of us had hoped. That may kill some of the fun. The legs are nice and free to move though.

I seriously hope if there was indeed any true doubters of yamato making the vf-4 unbelievably awesome can own up and join in celebration of this magnificent creation, still can only afford one, my order is safe. wow holy crap what a meaty battroid! Needs a gunpod though, I wouldn't be punchin just kickin and shoulder charging in battroid. Good arm guards, nice elbowin to robot chops/visors!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

+1 come on AmiAmi or HLJ!!!

I wonder if its light enough to just paint the tan nose and black stripes on the tail or do I have to spray the whole thing white (just more areas to chip when transforming) that might be the determining factor for a re-paint for me. Since I too missed out on the Frontier valks, I guess this will be slightly easier to stomach!

I seriously hope if there was indeed any true doubters of yamato making the vf-4 unbelievably awesome can own up and join in celebration of this magnificent creation, still can only afford one, my order is safe. wow holy crap what a meaty battroid! Needs a gunpod though, I wouldn't be punchin just kickin and shoulder charging in battroid. Good arm guards, nice elbowin to robot chops/visors!

It doesn't need a gun pod. The whole point of the VF-4 was that all of its weapons are integrated. Note the cannons embedded in its forearms?

Edited by Mommar

Pft. Too much for a valk, sorry.

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. :p

Got these from Toyark. Click on image for full size.

post-151-0-33624700-1345180708_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-90351700-1345180709_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-48967900-1345180711_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-99131500-1345180712_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-97158800-1345180713_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-84132700-1345180714_thumb.jpg

I just wet my pants a little. :wub: OK, a lot. :ph34r:

I lied :rolleyes: :rolleyes:, I will get it, at least one.

Pretty much. After seeing it I think there will be those that will change their mind. For me it was always a no brainer as long as it wasn't some crazy price like over $500 or something.

I'm still in for two!!!

I want three but I'm not sure I can even justify two. I wonder what the odd's are they'll make them in other paint schemes if this one does well? The 1/2000 SDF-1 made them think it was worth it to make a 1/3000 scale. Could it also be the case enough orders for this one will mean we see others?

Call me crazy, but I think is relatively cheap (for a web exclusive item). It is almost the same price for the VF-17D whit the super packs, but clearly the design is far way too complex.

I'll be contact my friend in Japan this weekend for this one, YES!!!

Edited by Froy

I put in my early bird pre-order for one as that is all I wanted, however, I assume others may have placed orders for more.....seems a separate "early bird" email will be sent on the 20th....

Please let us know if Yamato is able to fulfill your multiple orders or if you were limited to 1 or 2, as that will give everyone a good indication as to whether or not the webshops will be able to make these available for sale.....

I did not see anything on the latest VF-4 email update regarding limiting order quantities, but their general policy does seem to imply that "limited" items are subject to order limits....

Hoping everyone that wants one...gets one! ^_^