1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

So gun pod or no I'm pre ordering this thing. My question is will it only be through Yamato's site to will hlj and the like have it? My guess is Yamato only.

Also, if I need to use a proxy can anyone recommend one? I have never had to used one before.

I thought it actually could have one if needed, much like how the yf-19 can have wing missiles or underarm launchers in robot mode but they just don't get used for us to see it often?

Is it official that a vf-4 never has a gunpod because it can not be used for some reason? Or is it that it just doesn't need one?

It has hands, so of course it could fire one. However in FB2012 it's not shown with one. In the VF-X games it's not shown with one. In the lineart we've seen it's not shown with one. I'm going to assume we're not getting a gunpod with this toy because the fighter is never shown with one nor is it necessary for it to function as a combat craft.

Ok watch that whole video and no gunpod but what the hell is up with the death blossum missle lanuches its only supposed to have 12 missles total they got some s'painin to do. Like really all they have is the VFX licences so need some stats on all those missles, and where there lanuched from.

Ok watch that whole video and no gunpod but what the hell is up with the death blossum missle lanuches its only supposed to have 12 missles total they got some s'painin to do. Like really all they have is the VFX licences so need some stats on all those missles, and where there lanuched from.

It's an arcade-type shooter and NOT a sim. Easy-peasy, eh? :)

Going back to the whole gunpod thing...yes, a lot of us know that it was never shown with a gunpod but it would be nice to have one just the same. It's not a deal breaker by any means though. If they include one then awesome-sauce. If not then eh...whatchagonnado?

Personally, I'd prefer they include a gunpod because screw the anime accurate crowd (screw them so hard). I like my videogame characters to have a jump button and I like my Valks to have gunpods. I don't know why, I just do! B))

Edited by xrentonx

I think in future macross shows they could probably have drones that carry the weapons for the valkyrie and deliver them.

The ghost could hold it with magnets and the valk would just catch it in its hands like when Roy Fokker did it in macross zero. lol

Anyone heard of an old shoot em up on the playstation 1 called einhander?

In that you controlled a little spaceship that had a little arm mechanism on its bottom side that could use all the enemy crafts own weapons against them. It's basically an arm to catch the weapons so you can fire it. Maybe that is the future of macross drone? It hold the weapons, follows along, and then if needed it passes the weapons on to the pilot after he needs a change of weapon?

A good example might be that guy who has the sniper rifle. He could equip the normal gun pod, the drone would follow him in stealth mode, and then when he needs the sniper gun the drone exchanges the normal one for the sniper weapons?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ick.. wish this was a couple years ago. Won't be the first time I shell out that much, but it might be the last. That's pretty close to the super-packed VF-17D bundle.

Hopefully this will get a wider release, and the prices will drop a little later, but I will at least get one.

Actually 26,985 as the image says... sorry I got the message before the image went up on Yamato's page.

$340.

Thats actually a fairly reasonable price IMO, especially given that its limited/web-exclusive. :-)

I think so too... The fact that it's even gettng made is incredible..

damn... computer keeps freezing since the blackout last night! UGH!

price seems to be on par with bandai's Frontier valks, and since its suppose to be exclusive i guess thats why the price is that high. even then, i'm sure it will sell.heck, i would buy it if i had the funds for it, hehe.

ben

It's the price of TWO Bandai Frontier valks (or one off of eBay).

price seems to be on par with bandai's Frontier valks, and since its suppose to be exclusive i guess thats why the price is that high. even then, i'm sure it will sell.heck, i would buy it if i had the funds for it, hehe.

ben

Frontier valks are less than 20k yen, unless you consider the scalped prices.

Looks a bit ordinary, but the price is better than I was expecting. :)

I think BANDAI will be out of renewal releases by the end of the year, so I'm thinking we could well be going back to two new releases a year by Yamato, at most.

Holy shi*t. I just realized that they have colored pics of all the modes now! In no way does it look plain. Loving this...

Edited by xrentonx

Oof. Wow. 340 clams. Definitely only getting ONE of these then. It's gonna have to do double duty as my Christmas and Birthday present.

Edited by mass driver