1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I wish they could of separated and hid the feet a little more in fighter mode, the thrusters look a little to much macross plus/7 like and not so much flashback. Who knows maybe the feet can be pushed in. Otherwise, I think it looks great.

vf-4-fighter-rear.gif

39.jpg

I will be a very sad panda if there ends up not being a way to get this shipped to Australia... I'm hanging out for HLJ as well to pull out a magic wand and make it happen!

I wish they could of separated and hid the feet a little more in fighter mode, the thrusters look a little to much macross plus/7 like and not so much flashback. Who knows maybe the feet can be pushed in. Otherwise, I think it looks great.

I think they're like that due to the compromise between how it looks in the two modes AND the real world mechanics of getting the feet to move.

Of course, another option is exchangeable parts... (as in, unmoving thrust vector plates get pulled out and replaced with semi-articulated feet when transforming)

vf-4-fighter-rear.gif

39.jpg

There is a huge difference between these two:

9bpjk.png

I prefer the triangular feet instead of flat feet.

Check these weird looking feet

med_gallery_4840_100_115680.jpg

1/60 VF-4G is prefectly fine right now :)

Edited by charger69

dun tell me its going to b like VF-1 1st version style?!?

What gave you that indication from a resin prototype? It's not even completed yet.

I may email NY later since I don't check this thread to often if I miss the news

Can someone explain me how it works? :)

I would say most likely that upper thigh will slide back into the larger, lower calf, which would put it's placement roughly along the center of the fuselage and it's just a matter of rotating everything so the panel that folds down to form the crotch is created. I'm willing to bet the back of that calf is going to be VERY open, but that would allow some great poses as an offset. In terms of where the intake goes... remove-able maybe, unless Yamato has come up with a clever enough solution that it rotates underneath as you fold the upper thigh out of the calf.

Word of warning, you see how thick that upper thigh is? The Fuselage is going to have to be thick enough to obscure that whole thing. From head on it's not going to be paper thin like a lot of the drawings/models have made it out to be. That center portion is going to be thick.

Edited by Mommar

If it goes anything like the lineart (which it appears to) the thighs are going to fold to the side (you can see the metal hinge for that in the gerwalk pics) and the knee joint behind the fighter intake is going to rotate 90 degrees and then slide (or fold depending on how they handle it) backwards until it reaches that open piece in the lower leg that alows the thigh to lay across. Folding panels on the underside of the fighter are going to open up, swallow the thighs, and then close leaving a suprisingly smooth belly to the plane (all the resin kits just left them kinda hanging off the bottom so kudos to Yamato there).

post-1418-0-26474200-1341505273_thumb.jpg

post-1418-0-57380700-1341505343_thumb.gif

I suspect they did one of two things with the engine intake details - either there is a panel that folds up once the thigh parts are out of the way OR they are using a rotating joint for that whole shebang and it has engine details on it that become visible once everything is in the jet-mode position.

The double fold to get the whole thigh hinge area forward looks like its going to have a lot of solid metal, and has a pair of covers that fold behind it as well to help hide the ball-joint system.

Edited by NeoverseOmega

I think upper legs will be hidden inside the calves in figther mode just like S.H.E. kit instead of hidden in the fuselage showed in the lineart. So some other folding panels would be needed to make upper legs closer in battroid mode.

Edited by charger69

So it seems currently there is no limit to how many can be pre-ordered by any one "person".....we should start seeing these pop-up in the usual places soon.....however, a google translate of the Yamato Online Shop terms seems to say that your order amount may be modified at a later date for "limited edition" items....... :unsure:

I hope Yamato really does produce these based on how many orders they actually get.......certainly this approach seems different to how they probably handled production of the VF-X and Angelbird.....best to get your pre-order in now just to be safe....

If these VF-4's actually ship out in December...when would production actually have to begin?

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/help/index.php

2. 「注文数」に注文したい個数を入力し、「ショッピングカートに入れる」ボタンをクリックするとショッピングカートページに移動します。

※注文数は後で修正することができます。

※限定商品など、お一人様のご購入数に制限がある場合がございますので、商品詳細ページにてご確認ください。

I think upper legs will be hidden inside the calves in figther mode just like S.H.E. kit instead of hidden in the fuselage showed in the lineart. So some other folding panels would be needed to make upper legs closer in battroid mode.

I think I was wrong! I mixed up the upper legs with upper arms, now I understand how it works! However I'm still eager to see a transformation sequence video from Yamato Designer :)

9dmxr.png

Edited by charger69

Limited web exclusive, hey wait Gamlin's VF-22S was limited too, And still available!

The Gamlin VF-22 wasn't limited so much as they actually told us the production size when announcing it. This VF-4 is a web shop exclusive and may be made to order.

I still want to know if the lower stabilizers are angled with the tail fins, they seem to have everything else in hand as far as I can see. If they do that, then this will be right up there with Bandai's recent VF-25's and Alto VF-171 releases in terms of overall accuracy.

-Kyp