1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Can't wait for this one! Even if they release it in the VFX color scheme, I will be buying this one asap. I just don't think I am willing to take the risk of missing out if they don't release the Hikaru scheme, although that's the one I really want.

I'm not too frantic over the paint scheme. For the Zero line, they kinda did the same thing, releasing the CF version before the Shin version. Either way, I'm not going to stress that it's not another Hikaru versioned VF. In all honesty, I'm kinda happy that it isn't. If it comes later, and at a more mass release, that would be great, and I'll still buy one, but no worries. As long as I can get x2 of this one.

The fighter sculpt looks great. The color scheme... not so much... I would definitely prefer Hikaru's 2012 scheme. Maybe they will include stickers/decals..?

Or maybe the illustration's colors are as accurate as its proportions... ;)

Like many who share the same sentiments here. I really don't care too much about the scheme, so as long as we get it to production. Multiples are a must for this VF.

Can't wait to see the full transformation sequence for this, it's going to be very complex given what we've been shown so far.

Only problem with that is there is no indication of this being anymore than an anniversary release coarse if all of use order multis and spread the word maybe that can change. But as the valk made only a very small appearance I don't know.

I am away for a couple of days and look what happens! This is great! I am loving it. Now I just have to make sure I do not miss the preorder. That would really suck. Ive been wanting this for so long!

You'd think FB2012 is the version they'd release on the anniversary eh?! I just don't get it. Oh, well, Graham chime in on how for sure this scheme is? I remember somewhere way back that Yamato only got the licence for VFX and not FB2012 - is that true? I wonder if a 1/72 F-14 jolly rogers decal set would be fine for the white tail skulls for customizing.

Here's hoping HLJ will carry it.

+1

I wouldn't count on it--the artwork for the box shows all the angles wrong and just like the sample. I'm thinking they've never seen a VF-4 from head-on, as all the angles have been "the same amount of wrong" from day one.

I wouldn't count on it--the artwork for the box shows all the angles wrong and just like the sample. I'm thinking they've never seen a VF-4 from head-on, as all the angles have been "the same amount of wrong" from day one.

Yamato uses final pictures of the actual products on their boxes, not sketches. You can't base anything on the fact they have a mocked up image on the box with a drawing right now. It appears they've focused on the central portion, for purposes of getting fighter/battroid correct and haven't bothered with the legs/wings yet. Perhaps once they get to the wings they will realize the angles need to be adjusted. On the other hand maybe the canards need to be steeper in order to accommodate transformation. We don't know right now and we're seven months out so there's still a chance things will be adjusted. The nose wasn't as curved when we first saw pics and now fighter mode fans are happy with that so there's still a chance.

Have a little faith.

I'm sure they've printed out screencaps of the VF-4's scant screentime and taped them to the side of their cubicles.

The fact that they even figured out the correct colors for the VF-X version means they've played the game. At the very least, they've seen the VF-4 from the rear as that's the default view.

Note that the photographic technique does not allow double foreshortening without showing serious distortions; so a photo taken at an angle of a perspective drawing can't give an accurate picture of the actual proportions. I certainly wouldn't base my opinion on that photo of a drawing.

Also, it’s fairly evident that Yamato do nothing these days without Mr. Kawamori’s supervision at several stages of development; so because the angles of wings and fins are a detail so evident, I would say this is how he wants them to be.

Have a second look at that illustration, the perspective is way out - the further engine is larger than the closer one, especially the fin. I wouldn't be placing much faith in the angles or proportions shown there.