1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Pretty, but I think all the wing/fin angles from head-on are still wrong. (the wings are way too horizontal, that sticks out the most to my eye)

And of course, it really all comes down to exactly how they're going to paint it in the end.

Actually... nope, feet are still very VF-1-ish. Not terrible, but I don't care for them sticking out that much myself. They just look out of place I think. Unless.. ok, that resin prototype might be out of date, because the cad shows the right feet. Now I'm confused. :blink:

And if they're going to not do the classic skull markings, at least it's going to be white. :)

I do like that the YF-21/SV-51 stand is back there too.

Edited by Chronocidal

Crap, that scheme's worse than I feared. Oh well, it'll save me some money. (that scheme I won't even consider buying, at all)

No VF-4 for me. :(

Anyways---man, the cover art looks even worse, angle-wise. The wings are STRAIGHT OUT. That's really, really wrong.

sorry guys. probably shouldn't have made all those posts pointing out what the colors on the VF-X VF-4 are supposed to really be

they would have probably just made the FB2012 version if they didn't know

but we know they visit MW to get feedback, which is a double edged sword post-1819-0-68099800-1337251656.gif

Well, I have found two good reasons for the first release not being Hikaru's unit.

1. Any possible issues that the game version may sustain can be fix in the next release (which could be Hikaru's unit most likely).

2. They can opt to release Hikaru's unit as a NON-EXCLUSIVE version.

Has Yamato ever released a box with a hand drawn image before? That seems like a temporary design until they can get a full painted toy put in place of that drawing. Maybe it will still be the same scheme which doesn't offend me in any way though the cream colored nose is pretty much the one to get for all the Hikaru fans.

That resin sample does look pretty sexy indeed - unfortunately it still has a somewhat "needle-nose" which was why I never fell for the resin garage kits. The side profile looks stunning.

Too bad that they aren't doing the FB2012 scheme - how "for-sure" is the scheme on the box art? Is it too early on to be disappointed? I for one would definitely get it regardless (just in case it never makes it into mass production or no re-issues like the VE or VT-1), but it would be a shame to have to modify it to the FB2012 scheme - it seems so odd to me to not do the FB2012 scheme (is it a licensing issue?)

Look at the top of the second to last picture, it looks like there is a resin torso section for Battroid mode. I really like how this looks so far and really would like to get one....just worried about price though.

Chris

Look at the top of the second to last picture, it looks like there is a resin torso section for Battroid mode. I really like how this looks so far and really would like to get one....just worried about price though.

Chris

You're right, they do have a torso example up there. I

wonder if anybody snapped shots (or if they're allowed to.)

Ahh, well those closeups explain the feet.. the legs aren't finalized yet.

Thick intake lip, no inner detail, and slab strakes. Looks like they're just a rough cut so they can show off something for the show.

I'm not too worried about paint myself, I'll probably buy one regardless of how they paint it.. provided I don't have to take out a loan.