1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Ha, and Macross ain't called Valkyrie! ;)

No but like Renato pointed out in our podcast about Takatoku, even after thinking along those lines they came around to the true main mecha and pushed the Valkyrie :3

Mospeada never really sells the audience on why the Legioss is even in the show. It's just there to be there (and sometimes be hidden in gigantic bushes). Ok I'll stop and take this to the other thread.

the VF-4 from FLASHBACK 2012 doesn’t transform.

Nah. It can transform. Just the transformation mechanism itself is faulty. [which leads back to it doesn't transform. But who says it needs to transform at all, given that it's used as a long range interceptor]

Yamato’s officially recognized they got the license for the VF-4G from MACROSS DIGITAL MISSION VF-X because, as you may guess, the VF-4 from FLASHBACK 2012 doesn’t transform.

News (Google Translate)!!! http://translate.goo...ex.html&act=url

photo.jpg

Source: http://www.yamato-to..._115/index.html

I see they're still intent on using the VF-1 thrusters, and from the front and rear view, they still haven't fixed the issue of the tail and leg fins not being inline with one another either. Also, that excuse they gave about why they're not doing Hikaru's FB 2012 Valk is just plainpost-4560-0-86695300-1331742938.gif

-Kyp

Yamato’s officially recognized they got the license for the VF-4G from MACROSS DIGITAL MISSION VF-X because, as you may guess, the VF-4 from FLASHBACK 2012 doesn’t transform.

News (Google Translate)!!! http://translate.goo...ex.html&act=url

Source: http://www.yamato-to..._115/index.html

Should there be a differences in shape between the VF-4 and VF-4G? Just wondering because so far, Yamato's drawing still has the canards too small, at the wrong angle, and in the wrong location for fighter mode.

I don't think it transforming or not in canon is the issue.. it just never did it on screen. :p

Looking good at the front now, they definitely cleaned up the nose. Judging by the way the drawing is going though, it looks like the initial design was a very rough cut, and they're refining it in chunks, so I wouldn't bet the ugly feet are anything but placeholders still. There's still next to no detail at all on the entire engine assemblies (slab wings, etc), and the head is clearly a primitive half-sphere shape.

As for the angles of the canards and such, I'm not worried at all yet. They're still entirely plain, and the design modifications required at this stage to alter the angle they sit are extremely minor. Going by how undeveloped the rest of the model is, I'd guess they're not even going to address that until they actually build the detailed wing elements.

They've got a long way to go, but I'm really looking forward to how the design develops. :)

As the leading expert in Macross Digital Mission VF-X (a heavy burden I know), I have created this chart to show the differences between the VF-X and Flashback 2012 versions.

post-1819-0-85308100-1331762022_thumb.jpg

So now you know

And knowing is half the battle

Geeeeeee Iiiiiiiiiii Joooooooooooooe~

Edited by VF5SS

So the major differences are the red bands along the ankles instead of the grey one's, the nose cone isn't colored yellow and that the yellow stripe on the forearms are red? I wonder how close they'll stick to one paint scheme or another?

The VF-X paint scheme is almost Hikaru's but not as good IMO.

Edited by Mommar

pfft

That's a doujin and you know it XD

They probably borrowed that from some forbidden western comic.

Only the first book in that series is based on a doujin. :p

Nevertheless, the point still stands that the VF-4 is designed as a long-range space interceptor (MC, TIA, etc., etc., etc.).

As the leading expert in Macross Digital Mission VF-X (a heavy burden I know), I have created this chart to show the differences between the VF-X and Flashback 2012 versions.

post-1819-0-85308100-1331762022_thumb.jpg

Aside from the paint colors, your battroid is really the VF-4G. From MDG:VF-X.

Only the first book in that series is based on a doujin.

Gubaba-senpai told me those books end with a note about them being not canon :3

Nevertheless, the point still stands that the VF-4 is designed as a long-range space interceptor (MC, TIA, etc., etc., etc.).

Yeah so

It's a space plane that turns into a robot. That's all that matters.

Aside from the paint colors, your battroid is really the VF-4G. From MDG:VF-X.

Are you saying the VF-4 from FB2012 doesn't turn into that? Like is the head different?

Cuz the one from the PS2 game is the FB2012 version and looks pretty much like that.

I can't really rely on ancient Playstation graphics or a kitbash Gerwalk model here.

^_^

Is there more Kawamori art of the VF-4 from VF-X out there? Didn't Graham mention THAT was what Yamato was using for reference?

In the last set of office photos I believe they also had a Tenjin drawn VF-4 from Macross Chroncles in the background.

wat

use ur words dude

UR? http://www.ur-net.go.jp/

If ur = your, then: you seriously expect to have a serious conversation after making such a dismissive statement? Either you're in the discussion completely, or your not.

[also, as someone who has proclaimed himself as an expert on MDM:VF-X, you, more than anyone else, should known the source of the lineart. :p ]

Edited by sketchley

Considering the nose is already tan, I dont think this is going to be exactly matching anything we've seen before. I'm more concerned about the shape than anything anyway, and they aren't even done with that yet, so we could probably reserve the nitpicking about the paintscheme until they actually show us what it looks like. :p

It's like arguing over who's gonna play in the superbowl in 4 years. We aren't quite there yet.:lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

If ur = your, then: you seriously expect to have a serious conversation after making such a dismissive statement? Either you're in the discussion completely, or your not.

Renato doesn't treat me like that ;w;

he's a nice man who says nice things

ps you used the wrong "you're" there >:3

[also, as someone who has proclaimed himself as an expert on MDM:VF-X, you, more than anyone else, should known the source of the lineart.

how does that change the fact that the VF-4 now has a completely realized transformation? Even if it was finalized years later, I think we're safe to assume the FB2012 one is retroactively the same as the VF-X one. I want to give Kawamori the benefit of the doubt on making that call. And subsequent video games confirmed that it is the same even if they have to split hairs on the licensing.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/she/she_vf4.htm

Even the SHE kit was shown in FB2012 colors by default on the box.

Personally, I will only buy one if it has FB2012-ish colors. I absolutely demand a tan nosecone, for starters. I'm not too enthused about the red wrapping around the shins/calves, but I must have a tan nosecone. (ironically, the VFX VF-11 is known for its tan nosecone)

What do the tailfins look like in the VFX version? They appear mostly dark, but is it exactly like the FB2012 version, with the small red stripes?

Thanks for the scan!!!

Could it be the body from the 1/60 (not yet released) Destroid Phalanx (upper pic)? Someone who reads Japanese would be kind enough to translate?

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Could it be the body from the 1/60 (not yet released) Destroid Phalanx (upper pic)? Someone who reads Japanese would be kind enough to translate?

Yes that is marked as being the 1/60 Destroid Phalanx.

Katakana is pretty easy to learn guys :3