1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I'm curious whether they're going to mount the knees on a swingbar to place them closer to the intake, or just have the knee joint itself mounted low in the nacelle to serve as both kneejoint and rotation point for transformation. I'd prefer the former. Hopefully there's a fair bit of die-cast and ratcheting/locking goodness employed in this area, or it will rapidly devolve into a floppy mess.

I have faith that Yamato will deliver a good design in the end. I like to believe they approach these Macross projects with something akin to passion.

IM gonna be a sucker and Im sure pay $300 plus for this valk. I see sell outs quick and eventually re-releases at lower prices. but oh well have to have it, I think this is going to be a sleeper hit. And not because its not a great design but as many know the screen time isn't there and yamato is prob afraid of shelf warming the poor thing.

When it does come out, I expect to see it priced about the same as an iPad3, especially on eBay. The demand is just too overwhelming at this point. I hope Yamato is smart enough to come out with various versions to amortize the product cost. $150-$200 would be reasonable.

The demand is just too overwhelming at this point.

Do you have data to back up this claim? I am inclined to believe that in the grand scheme of things the demand is rather negligible -- or else why would Yamato go the exclusive route?

Do you have data to back up this claim? I am inclined to believe that in the grand scheme of things the demand is rather negligible -- or else why would Yamato go the exclusive route?

Yes and with web based pre-order (which I expect HLJ will provide for us too) Yamato knows exactly how much they need to make.

Looking at Bandai and bending the strategy.

Holy christ it was up for 10 mins and sold out!!!!??? WTF!!!

OH HELL ITS BACK UP AGAIN!!!!

GONE ALREADY!

Ill eat human flesh and send them the video to get my order placed. Hopefully that impresses them.

Sold out everywhere.......

Ebay rapeage.....

Oh re release here we come.

Process starts over again

When it does come out, I expect to see it priced about the same as an iPad3, especially on eBay. The demand is just too overwhelming at this point. I hope Yamato is smart enough to come out with various versions to amortize the product cost. $150-$200 would be reasonable.

I don't personally think the demand for the 4G is overwhelming, at least not at the price point it will most likely be (north of $300). Regardless, the days of paying $150-$200 for a new Yamato valk are over, me thinks. More like $250-$300 unless you get it at a deep discount somewhere...

First I have heard of a whole toy sold as a web exclusive are they not supposed to milk the mold.

That's the point: I figure that if they could do that, it would not be an exclusive. Hence -- demand is far from overwhelming.

I predict more photos...

I hope that comes true soon. Even a rapid proto pic would give an indication of what's to come, not to mention give lots of folks here ample opportunity to smite the panic button. I'm nowhere near as astute as most of the folks here, so I'm glad when some of these concerns reach Yamato, via Graham, and eventually end up as improvements on these toys. MW: frequently influential. sometimes educational, always entertaining.

I just realized that the overhead CAD drawing in battroid mode makes it look like they forget a major step in the transformation---that the rear panels between the wings and fuselage fold down 90 degrees. (yellow in Mr March's pic):

http://macross2.net/...lorcode-vf4.gif

PS----that blog also says 280mm tall in battroid mode, which is 11 inches. (though is that top of the head, top of the shoulders, or top of the tail fins? The VF-4's kinda weird in battroid mode).

Wow, that really narrows it down... :D

Looking back at Reivaj link in his post:

VF-4GLightningIIIcomplete transformation1/60 (provisional)

YamatoPublisher:

Scheduled for December2012Release Date:

UndecidedPrice:

Specifications:1/60scaleABS, POM,zinc alloy,PVC,280mmHeight approx.

Yamatoonline shoplimitedRemarks:

Yamatohas announcedthatinDecember 2012to launch a"VF-4completely transformed1/60".I thinkyou have alreadyincludedflyers andpresentationof complete transformationVF-17Sand was releasedat the end of last year already,such asmagazinemodelson sale,andthatreaders who arealsoexcited about thejoy.

VF-4isthe successor of theVF-1that appeared in "TheSuper Dimension FortressMacrossFlashback2012" OVA.Wealsofrequently appearedin the "master fileVariableFighter" seriesofpreviously publishedGA Graphic,has demonstratedthepresenceandsymbol of thereconstructionwas subjected mankindperish,gleamingaircraftlinked to thegenealogyofevolutionasVF.

Exactlywhenthe year2012!The expectations of thefansthat......maybe, Yamato wasanswered!Ofimposingathree-dimensionalat 1/60alongside theseriesthat can becompletely transformeddecorateand otherVF-1.Itled tothe arrival ofthe drawing,I'm starting tohear thestoryimmediatelyapply foran interview.What workis progressingin what way,ornot liketotell youa little bit.

*thank you, Google Translate <_<

I think December is the estimate...isn't it?

Edited by boyarque

So...it's not going to be Hikaru's then. Massive fail.

-Kyp

I think it’s going to be Hikaru’s despite being presented as ©1997 Macross Digital Mission VF-X.

I believe they needed this copyright for making it transformable, and the head doesn’t look like the VF-4G’s so far.

Edited by Reïvaj