1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I like them so much, I'd happily be the Australian distributor for all his stuff.  Just don't have enough folks down my way to order the quantities to make it worthwhile, unfortunately.

I'm sure your pics would help his stands reach some other audiences too. 

I'd try to segue to get us back on topic but this thread is long since gone anyway.  You're probably one of the last folks to get an original Yamato variant of this thing! I love that it's still about as good as it gets, even being an almost exact template for the much newer Bandai High Metal R version.  They certainly did this one nicely.

Of course it being MacrossWorld and all, I'd be remiss to not complain about all the "Should haves" that we didn't get:

• missiles that don't like to stay put
  • very limited arm posing options
  • no "official" gunpod mounting option (though that's pretty easy to do anyway)
  • Some paint scratching issues on die-cast parts
  • wings and control surfaces that aren't at the "correct" angles and/or don't have any way to tell you they're properly aligned

I'm still in agreement with you though, it's a greatly done toy and as others often say, surprising that it manages to hide a robot in there in fighter mode.

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

I like it 

Question... what are some pieces that you all would recommend in terms of complimenting this one? Actually made room for multiple Macross shelves so ready to dive in.

Complementing?  I’m not sure what you mean? Style?  Color?  Series?

There’s a progression in fighter series.  VF-1, VF-4, VF-11, VF-19.  Getting an 11 would be cost prohibitive now.  The VF-4 was originally a VF-1 with the fast packs integrated into the body during early development so a VF-1 and VF-4 have a fairly tightly coupled history.

Edited by Mommar

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

I like it 

Question... what are some pieces that you all would recommend in terms of complimenting this one? Actually made room for multiple Macross shelves so ready to dive in.

It's really up to you.  The VF-4 kind of stands alone thematically; it only appears briefly in an animation that is essentially an epilogue to DYRL, and looks fairly unique compared to most every other valk.

I have mine with a YF-19 and VF-2SS as sort of the "next chapter" shelf, under a DYLR shelf.  But it could thematically fit with the DYRL stuff, imo.  

Or just put it wherever it looks good to you. :p

Thank you guys. @Mommar Left it open ended because I wanted to know what pieces you guys feel compliment it for whatever reasons you feel they do.

-----------------------------------

I honestly think I may end up getting a Yamato 22s  and 11b with fast packs and display it that way but for now I've just got him with some Yamato favorites;

4-313.png