1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I'd take 1. But I guess it will be a hard sell unless there is an anime to back its sales. Or it will be a low-run super-expensive toy, considering the price jump of the new 19 from the old ones.

I dont think a non-fan would be purchasing a $300-400-ish toy, that is assuming Arcadia doesnt stick to Yamato's $200+ pricing.

The VF-4 was always a niche thing, and I'm pretty sure it was only made to order, but I think orders reopened due to demand at one point. I'd happily grab one in the FB2012 scheme, but that's probably it, unless the prices drop significantly.

They actually reopened it twice I believe, the first time the delayed the order stop date, then a few days after orders stopped, reopened again. It didn't hang around long after release.

I really wish Arcadia will reissue this since it don't need any more fixing from what I've read and from what I've seen on the video reviews. Not a big fan of the gerwalk and battroid mode, but if ever they decided to release a Flashback color scheme, I'm in. Just hoping they keep the price down. :)

The VF-4 was always a niche thing, and I'm pretty sure it was only made to order, but I think orders reopened due to demand at one point. I'd happily grab one in the FB2012 scheme, but that's probably it, unless the prices drop significantly.

When i had done some browsing across non macross-focused forums and blogs on the VF-4, the general opinion was that it is one of the more fascinating fighter-mode valks.which is so bizarre when Macross collectors would not necessarily buy it!

So after a few days hands on with my 2nd Yamato VF-4G (1st remains unopened) I have to say hands down this is my favorite VF toy. I say this having never transformed it since I'm not a fan of the 4G's Battroid or Gerwalk modes but Fighter mode is so beautiful I'm so happy to have it in my collection.

With the heft, seemingly excellent build quality and overall aesthetic I'm in love.

I would 200% hands-down buy a re-release or variant if Arcadia decides to release them.

-b.

This fighter is my most favorite of all too - and so is the backshot of the battroid, love those two huge thrusters. A redesigned SV-51 Ivanov - without sagging wings - might be a contender but it's going to be so long, it will still be annoying to handle.

Edited by Dimis

Man they have to release this it was so popular instead of those ugly anniversary schemes that nobody likes or buys who is running their design department.

I am still having a hard time beliving that yf-19 is the last macross offering that Arcadia will put out this year

Man they have to release this it was so popular instead of those ugly anniversary schemes that nobody likes or buys who is running their design department.

I am still having a hard time beliving that yf-19 is the last macross offering that Arcadia will put out this year

There will be more Macross releases from Arcadia this year (like the VF-19 bundle), but the YF-19 will be the only new mold/design/re-design. Everything else will be straight re-issues or color scheme variations of items already released.

Sure would love if some iteration of the VF-4 was included. :D

-b.

Am I the only one who really wants the Digital Mission paint scheme? I mean, I love the FB2012 colors, but there's something unique about one based on a game.

I think all-blue is a bit overkill. If there were enough white or light gray details to balance it out, maybe, but i for one wouldn't buy it - and it is one of my favorite designs.

• 5 years later...