1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

guess who's VF-4G came in the mail last week????? This guy right here!!!!!! This has got to be the best thing that ever came out of Yamato since the First V2!! I haven't even transformed it once and its been a couple days since i got it!! not that Im afraid I might break something but its just to awesome to be messed with!! lol Now i know what the big hype is about, the lines on this beauty are breath taking!!

post-15185-0-80837600-1364866295_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-02728700-1364867363_thumb.jpg

Edited by erikos0311

Does that gundam stand hold the vf-4 pretty reliably? I would like to display it the way u have it angled up.

Yeah the bandai stand is a great yamato stand replacement along with shapeways " exo's" stand adapter, so your valkyrie doesn't come crashing into your floor. Lol

Hmm.. did anyone else's VF-4 come without the fin under the nose cone?

Took mine out of the box the other day and I noticed there's no fin. Looked around in the plastic packaging and didn't find it loose either, or on the floor or anywhere on the table.

It was ordered from HLJ.. wonder what are the chances they'll get me a replacement?

Thank you..

yeah man that stinks!! I've heard many stories like yours. Some orders just come out like that. Your best bet would be to email HLJ and check out the Shapeways store website. Some members here have made replacement fins for the guys that are missing the front lower fin.

good luck buddy

Hmm.. did anyone else's VF-4 come without the fin under the nose cone?

Took mine out of the box the other day and I noticed there's no fin. Looked around in the plastic packaging and didn't find it loose either, or on the floor or anywhere on the table.

It was ordered from HLJ.. wonder what are the chances they'll get me a replacement?

Thank you..

Here's the shapeways replacement fin if you need it: http://www.shapeways.com/model/889830/4fin.html?li=productBox-search

light painting means you set up your camera with a loooong exposure and take a picture of your object in the dark.

during exposing time, u "paint" your object with a flashlight or similar..

Edited by miro79

• 6 months later...

I have changed my mind about the VF-4 and I think that it's the least likeable valkyrie in battroid mode... it looks good in fighter mode though.

Yes, by far. Its looks very 'forced' into a variable mecha IMO. The word GO-BOT keeps coming into my head whenever I see it in its 'battroid' mode.

BUT - if they did a Flashback version I might spring for it and keep it proudly displayed in fighter mode all the time...

How come you missed out on the original run?

Didn't have the money at the time, was hoping to wait for a reissue or a cheaper second hand one. Then Yamato went out of business and the secondary market price went through the roof. I want one for closer to $400USD shipped.