1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

My responce form NY

I got that last week.

I sent this today.

I can't see why it would take Yamato so long to say "Sorry, here is the $0.50 piece we forgot to add. Have a nice day."

I still have time with paypal. Worst case I open a Paypal against NY for not complete item and force their hand. I hate to do that but I hate paying almost $400 for a incomplete brand new toy. :angry:

Because Yamato may not actually keep stock of every part as a spare part. If they don't have stock of that specific then it's a matter of if they and/or the factory are willing to reopen production just to produce a small quantity of a specific part. Most factories have certain minimum order quantities in the hundreds or thousands and may not be too willing to set up production just to knock out a handful of one part. Remember, the production run of this toy finished weeks ago and the factory that made it has moved onto other things by now.

Hopefully Yamato has the part you need and it's just a matter of them getting caught up after the recent holiday in Japan.

Graham

Hopefully Yamato has the part you need and it's just a matter of them getting caught up after the recent holiday in Japan.

Graham

I hope that's the case.

I got this yesterday from NY

Hello and thank you for your email!

Yamato answered us to wait a little. It's look like lot of people have problem with Yamato product and they are very busy.

We will contact you as soon as we have any news.

this is surprising to me. I would have thought if this was in fact the case we would have seen more complaints here in MW. If I knew How to create it for shapeways, I would just so I could have a complete unit. I have a feeling I'm just going to have to live with it. :(

I'm usually one one of the lucky ones that doesn't get the broken one when broken Yamato's are running ramped on a release. Now it's my turn. I'm just glad that it seams to be only a small few of us(that we know of) that have issues with this release. I really think They stepped up their game on the bird.

Edited by robodragon

After admiring fighter mode for a couple of weeks, I finally transformed it. Wow! That was a breeze! I haven't had such an easy time transforming a valkyrie since, well, ever! I felt it was even easier than the VF-1 transformation.

I never really liked the VF-4's battroid mode when I saw it in pics, but now that I have it in my hands, I'm really digging it. And even though it looks top heavy, it's really quite stable on its feet. Definitely more stable than any of my VF-25s or even the VF-19 (before I tightened the ankle joints).

This is right up there with the Fire Valkyrie as one of the best valkyrie toys ever.

Great job, Yamato! :)

It seems that no one is using these stickers ...

post-12283-0-07322400-1359161286.jpg

Since I don't own one, I just now see that the big tailfin stickers have the white stripes printed on---that's actually a bad thing IMHO. If they were left unprinted/clear, then the off-white of the tailfin would show through and be a perfect match---but much more importantly, if one were the paint the background area red, then put the stickers over it--you'd have perfectly straight/crisp FB2012-style red stripes. (which was a method I'd considered)

So I finally got around to transforming this thing, thought it this was really easy to transform and all the parts snap into place, Jenius' video on the transformation definitely helped too - thanks! http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png Didn't have any problems with pushing down on the cockpit, but sadly my VF-4 came with a pre-damaged chin (as someone mentioned earlier in this thread). There's a nick in the faceplate, which makes the VF-4 looks like it has a mouth. LOL That sharp chin does seem to get crushed easily if you push the head down too hard. I think I'll replace this head with Kurisama's custom 4G head if he gets that produced.

Took some quick shots with the iPhone, I think I'll sticker/decal it up and do some panel before taking some better shots.

I noticed that the leg fin/stabilizer is able to be folded when you transform it into battloid mode, and I think it looks better this way. Even though that may not be canon? Just thought this was interesting and don't think anyone's mentioned it in this thread yet.

post-1616-0-70704800-1359313016_thumb.jpg

post-1616-0-02618600-1359313032_thumb.jpg

post-1616-0-96154000-1359313042_thumb.jpg

post-1616-0-73726700-1359313054_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phalanix

I tend to leave things like that detached and just apply a tiny dab of superglue to the peg and let it dry before sticking it back in, just to thicken the tab slightly to add more friction. Seems to work pretty well with pretty much anything I've ever tried it on

Yeah, quake putty and Blutak are the same thing. You can get it at the office stores. My teachers also used it to hang stuff on the walls in school. I use it to secure my rear surrounds in my HT setup. I prefer the types without the blue dye.

Edited by Loop

Doesn't Blu-tack leave some kinda oily residue if left stuck for a long time? I wonder if it's any different for Quake putty (the ones I got are clear)

If can leave behind a little bit of residue over time but it's not damaging to plastic and will wipe clean. worst it'll do is slightly stain highly porus surfaces like paper.

I'm not sure but that Quake putty sounds like stuff I've got called quake wax. it's extremely waxy and gunky, it sticks very well but it's a pain in the ass to get off of stuff because it's basically goo.

blue-tak is more rubbery. it's somewhere between silly putty and a kneaded eraser.

What I have is called Collectors Hold Museum Putty. Product description says this:

Collectors Hold Museum PuttyA miracle removable putty that holds

securely in place valuable status, crystal, glass, vases and more from

accidental breakage, theft and earthquakes. Proven to deter theft and

breakage, yet removes easily with a twist. It works! It's so

simple!Ready to use * Holds 40 plus items * Removable * Reuseable *

Works on woodExcellent for: Antiques * Collectibles * Plates * Glassware

* Statues * Figurines * Vases * Crystal * Pottery * Pictures * Bottles *

Steins * in RV's & Boats too * The uses are endless!Collectors

Hold! Works Best On: Glass Shelves * China Cabinets * Lacquered Wood *

Furniture * Time * Painted Gloss Wood and Walls, etc.Contains 2.64oz of

product

I haven't tried it on painted surfaces, but I suppose I could try and see what the long term effects are. There doesn't seem to be any grease or oils to it though.