1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I got a response back. They need me to send a pic of the bar code so they can send it to Yamato and ask for the missing part. I'll keep you posted.

NY apologized for the late reply and asked for pics of the missing part :rolleyes: Kind of difficult, if the part is missing.

I replied with a pic of my VF-4 without it, the box bar code and a pic of the toy on the box with the fin.

I also note it's displayed discussed in the manual on page 14.

If anyone know the specific part number, please LMK.

If one of our 3D modelers would like to take a shot at it I would be very grateful.

NY apologized for the late reply and asked for pics of the missing part :rolleyes: Kind of difficult, if the part is missing.

They asked for the same thing when I asked if I could get a replacement crotch plate for my VF-25G, so I circled the part in one of the product images from their site, and quoted the name from the instruction manual.

I just got Yamato'd on my second copy :( When bringing down the right arm during transformation (1st cycle) the diecast that holds the arm to the body crumbled. It turns out the joint at the shoulder seems glued into place or just too tight. I can not get the ball joint to even rotate in the socket. I sent off an e-mail to NY. My first copy of this toy is awesome though so I may have just gotten the one bunk unit out there. I hope I can get some support on this issue. I'm not sure if I should use my buddy in Japan to contact them though, as I am afraid NY may not understand the problem. I can't believe how tight this ball joint is though. I have the arm in my hand and can't manipulate it at all.... I think I have to ship the whole thing back as I cannot just replace this part.

Edited by Loop

Seems that NY is a QC issues magnet :mellow:

-lost leg cover

-lost fin

-broken arm

what's next?

I haven't gotten mine yet so will see.....

Somehow my SAL shipment of my 171 armor parts came to me before my EMS VF-4. Oh LA customs JUST LET MY VALKYRIE PASS!

So I got off the phone with one of the stations that receives items from LA customs and they told me my package is most likely in one of the 25 trailers that customs hasn't inspected yet. So I guess that explains the hold up. frown.gif The nice representative told me to call back on Tuesday if I don't get it Monday. The waiting continues.

Edited by SuperHobo

ARGH! Disaster... while I was trying to sand the nosecone to get rid of the molding seam and sprue marks, I somehow accidentally broke the wing hinge to the upper nacelles. I don't get it, I was being so gentle. I didn't even noticed that I could actually remove the nosecone via two screws first and work on that separately from the rest of the plane. Damn! I can try to glue the hinge back together, but that hinge seems to be stressed so I doubt it would take the strain. Worst case I can glue the wing permanently to the upper nacelles which would only affect the Battroid mode (luckily I always intend on displaying it in the aircraft mode since its so sexy that way anyways) It still sucks though. I post pictures when I'm done.

OK, I managed to take a few pics while watching the Ravens game. The last 2 pics show the suspect ball joint that is completely seized. I really am beginning to wonder if the die cast was not already cracked. It took no pressure at all to crumble. I have already shot an e-mail off to NY hopefully they give a fast response.

VF-4_0.jpg

VF-4_1.jpg

VF-4_2.jpg

VF-4_3.jpg

VF-4_4.jpg

Yeah, I don't know what all the crud is inside the joint, but it kinda looks like the paint may have still been wet during assembly? I would take it apart and investigate, but I should hold off until I figure out what will come of my customer service request.

Edited by Loop

Finally got my VF-4 today and it's simply beautiful in fighter mode. I am totally afraid to transform it.

Don't be afraid, I had no problems with my first unit.

I'm sorry for your misfortune Loop. I hope they rectify this situation promptly at N-Y.

Thanks, I hope I get good service. I have spent a pretty penny with them over this past year. I would feel a little better though if I would have bought it from HLJ, but I missed that pre-order :(

Mine is pretty easy to transform, the fuselage pressed down easily. The only hard time I had was the right ankle, it was very tight and took me a while to pull it out safely.

Hope the second one shows up as good as this one next Monday.

Don't be afraid, I had no problems with my first unit.

What unit???!!!!

tumblr_m060wf1Tcz1ro91bjo1_400.gif

Sorry but thought we needed some cheering up on this thread before I panic. I have yet to open mine. Its just sitting there while I'm still trying figure out where to put it or display it as. I will attempt to touch it tomorrow.

What unit???!!!!

tumblr_m060wf1Tcz1ro91bjo1_400.gif

Sorry but thought we needed some cheering up on this thread before I panic. I have yet to open mine. Its just sitting there while I'm still trying figure out where to put it or display it as. I will attempt to touch it tomorrow.

I am actually taking it quit well atm. I was furious when it happened though.

Your VF-4 has a broken arm?

Yes, the diecast crumbled, because that joint is locked in place. But really it took no pressure for it to crumble. I wonder if the person who built it knew that it was seized and just forced it on.

ARGH! Disaster... while I was trying to sand the nosecone to get rid of the molding seam and sprue marks, I somehow accidentally broke the wing hinge to the upper nacelles. I don't get it, I was being so gentle. I didn't even noticed that I could actually remove the nosecone via two screws first and work on that separately from the rest of the plane. Damn! I can try to glue the hinge back together, but that hinge seems to be stressed so I doubt it would take the strain. Worst case I can glue the wing permanently to the upper nacelles which would only affect the Battroid mode (luckily I always intend on displaying it in the aircraft mode since its so sexy that way anyways) It still sucks though. I post pictures when I'm done.

Who did you order from?

Yamato could probably send a replacement piece through your reseller if you send them pics.

Gonna attempt to transform mine tomorrow. I've been admiring every nook and cranny of fighter mode. I did inspect it to make sure both rear leg covers are there so I've gotten as far as moving the legs. I gotta say...that little pilot they did of me is the best pilot figure from Yamato yet ;)

Edited by xrentonx

Who did you order from?

Yamato could probably send a replacement piece through your reseller if you send them pics.

Unfortunately I ordered through NY - not as good as HLJ (but they were first to be available). I doubt I'd get any service since it was my own stupidity. Do you think they would take pity on me? I would gladly pay for the piece!

I was thinking that after the major painting and masking, I'd try to attempt a repair with 5min epoxy.

To those that are sanding the nose seams down, make sure you paint the seams with Mr. Surfacer 1000 after the initial sanding, then re-sand as the sprue marks and the square corners of the seam actually has divits that needs to be filled and may telegraph through the paint job (if you really care about hiding the seam).