1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Oh well heck if they want to limit their profits that's on them by making it a limited thing. Its already the most expensive valk and $ 300 before shipping. And I don't see why they would limit the it to one color. Considering Yamato has released all its various valks last year what will it show case this year to compete with bandi. More re releases ?

Sometimes it's not reall all about profits, be licensing rights.

That information is incorrect.

Source: CollectionDX

It just reeks of BS to me, I mean I get the reason, but it's a lazy reason. We know, they know, big west knows it could transform. I'd say the rights to that version was just to damn expensive.

Can't transform my ass, there's nothing different about the Flashback 2012 version from the VFX version.

Remember when Yamato told people that Shin's version was really meant to be the first VF-0A toy they released and that MacrossZero was wrong and that the cannon fodder and Shin's valks were really SUPPOSED to all be the same.... and then like six months later they revealed Shin's VF-0A. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Edited by jenius

Thanks Eugimon - I can confidently say I'm going to make the head-unit, and the thigh-panel w/hard point - but not replacement main wings, they're not easily removable.

This thing is pretty sexy.

I still don't understand what the "thigh-panel w/hard point" actually is or where it's located.

They're the little removable flap on the underside in fighter mode - and split in half to allow the thigh to move down for gerwalk. I'd replicate this and add a hard point to allow missile attachment between the nacelle and the centre-line - on both sides.

But I was doing that.

No reply yet from NY about my missing fin. Does anyone have an alternate suggestions?

I got a response back. They need me to send a pic of the bar code so they can send it to Yamato and ask for the missing part. I'll keep you posted.

got mine a wk ago transformed it a few times.

A tiny brown factory stain just behind the head fin in fighter mode.

No QC issues as far as I know.

I'm also having troubles locking the crotch tab into the underneath nose hole during battroid transformation.

The crotch tab seems to be a few mm too low and the nose hole a few mm too high.

I have to force it to lock together, and when I do the cockpit fin pops off everytime, it's strong plastic(POM or ABS I don't know) and it clicks back in place just fine, but I think I can see stress marks appearing eitherside of the pegs that the fin connects to on the "door/flap" thingy. I feel the cockpit fin will be the "Achilles heel" in future transformations

In Battroid the ankles could have had more sidways ROM for a better A stance(even when they're extended all the way out)missiles should have been glued in.

My chin seems fine.

Boring transformation, but other than that I like it very much!!!

Which of our MW modeling masters are gonna give it a proper FB2012 paint job?

I can't wait to geek over the eventual photos.

Him.

Now to plan the FB2012 paint conversions. I guess I can't really paint the interior of the intakes brown since it would be really obvious in the Battroid mode because it affects the forearms. Would it be too half assed if I painted the nose cone radome tan, and the rear moveable surfaces white (like 70's navy planes that have the gull grey schemes with the white moveable surfaces), but left the fat red strip at the rear red instead of brown? I'd of course paint the rear fins black with the red stripe top and bottom forward of a white rear rudder and the blue leading edges of the rudder and canards in silver. What do you think of that? I was thinking maybe getting ModelMaster Lacquers so they'd be more durable than my usual Tamiya Acrylics.

I can't stop staring at it!!

p.s. anyone know of a solvent to remove the tampo "made in china" and "1997 Big West" on the underside of the wings? I want to paint that white.

Please, everyone should do it, its not a huge undertaking and everyone will have their own unique take on it. Variety is the spice of life, and I want to see and learn from others too!

Those look great! I haven't done stickers since I was a kid, have yet to put any stickers on my other 9 valks, but I need to get the skulls on this bird! Any tips for effectively a newbie?

A sharp blade and patience. Don't rush the cuts. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes stickers and decals, too.

I agree with Wm Cheng - love seeing what other people's ideas and schemes result in.

Well, assuming by "proper FB2012" you mean overall white, I don't think many people will go to those lengths, unless they never intend to transform it again.

On the other hand, I just did a quick photo tweak to Kurisama's fighter mode pic above to turn the control surfaces white, and the nose tan, and it looks plenty awesome that way.

You know what occurred to me though? I think this is the first time in history that Yamato has been the first to offer a mass produced version of any Macross fighter. All the other stuff they've made has been produced as at least a non-transforming kit in 1/72 or 1/100. I mean.. has there ever been a VF-4 produced that wasn't some limited production garage kit?