1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Anybody know what Retenetion period means? First time I have orderd from HLJ I usually buy from people on MW

Jan 4

17:39 Posting/Collection TATEBAYASHI Gunma prefecture 374-8799 Jan 4

20:49 Arrival at outward office of exchange TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Tokyo metropolis 138-8799 Jan 4

23:11 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Tokyo metropolis 138-8799 Jan 05

13:53 Arrival at inward office of exchange AMC SAN FRANCISCO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Jan 05

13:54 In Customs AMC SAN FRANCISCO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Jan 07

05:32 Departure from inward office of exchange AMC SAN FRANCISCO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Jan 09

05:12 Processing at delivery Post Office 98248 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Jan 09 Retention Retention period: 98248 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Oh well heck if they want to limit their profits that's on them by making it a limited thing. Its already the most expensive valk and $ 300 before shipping. And I don't see why they would limit the it to one color. Considering Yamato has released all its various valks last year what will it show case this year to compete with bandi. More re releases ?

Edited by moose

One of my two VF-4's showed up yesterday. That cockpit was TIGHT when trying to push it down. Wow. I wasn't sure it was going to move. I did notice that both the stand attachment pieces are super tight and will stay attached to the VF-4 but it comes at the cost that removing them slightly damages the plastic. I'm not super happy about that. Also, it works in all three modes beautifully on the Gundam Stands. The legs are pretty pose-able even without a rotation near the knee, though I'd prefer a rotation at the knee as well. You can fake it with rotation at the hips instead but the ankle can't really turn in enough to give it the support you would need from some of the funkier poses in both Gerwalk and Battroid. Speaking of Gerwalk, it's actually pretty fun to try to pose in various ways. The ankle is inhibiting somewhat but you can get around it with the extra hinging around the knee joint. I've yet to transform it back t fighter yet, I'm wondering if getting the arms to fit back inside will be a minor annoyance. Being short there isn't THAT much that can go wrong but still. It's also too bad there wasn't some joint near the shoulder that could extend a little farther or swing down a little farther so the arms have a bit more clearance around those shoulders. That way you could pose with the arms closer to being crossed together or something or maybe a slide bar where the shoulder could be adjusted farther forward/back.

Have they said they CANNOT EVER make the Flashback version?

No, they just didn't buy the FB2012 license for that scheme. Doesn't mean Yamato won't in the future.

That information is incorrect.

There was some frustration among fans that this first ever VF-4 toy was going to be the VF-4G variant from the video game rather than the one from Flash Back 2012. As Yamato must comply with the wishes of Big West, they informed fans that due to the fact the VF-4 never transforms in Flash Back 2012 they were limited to making the version from Digital Mission VF-X.

Source: CollectionDX

The thing about it is that now they technically could make one painted like the FB2012 scheme. The VF-X also didn't transform but they painted a transformable one up in that scheme... so it can now. Why can't they say, hey, we want a non-transformable scheme and it's just a technicality now if someone chooses to transform the toy if they wanted. Or, rather, they're not licensing the Valk but the paint scheme now.

Edited by Mommar

ugh, mine is still stuck in Los Angeles Customs and the final destination is, Los Angeles. Been there since Dec 31st. Anyone else in this same batch??

Is there a way to contact customs at all?

I would look a few pages back..

There was some frustration among fans that this first ever VF-4 toy was going to be the VF-4G variant from the video game rather than the one from Flash Back 2012. As Yamato must comply with the wishes of Big West, they informed fans that due to the fact the VF-4 never transforms in Flash Back 2012 they were limited to making the version from Digital Mission VF-X.

I'm not arguing that this isn't what happened but i have to say that logic seems flimsy to me. I agree with Mommar example of the vf-x release.

ugh, mine is still stuck in Los Angeles Customs and the final destination is, Los Angeles. Been there since Dec 31st. Anyone else in this same batch??

Is there a way to contact customs at all?

I ordered two VF-4's. Both arrived there on the 31st. One of them showed up at my house yesterday, the other is still hanging out with yours at LA Customs.

Just so you know I called both USPS and Customs in LA and they both blamed the other for the hold up. Then again two of my three packages showed up less than 24 hours later so maybe calling and complaining will do you a little bit of good.

Edited by Mommar

I ordered two VF-4's. Both arrived there on the 31st. One of them showed up at my house yesterday, the other is still hanging out with yours at LA Customs.

Just so you know I called both USPS and Customs in LA and they both blamed the other for the hold up. Then again two of my three packages showed up less than 24 hours later so maybe calling and complaining will do you a little bit of good.

My VF-4 is probably sitting in the same batch as each of yours. EMS has failed us. I think this is the longest customs has held any of my packages ever.

Mine is sitting in customs too but what burns me the most is my homie bought one few days after me and already got his in!?! I know it's not hlj fault but I'm gonna contact them and see if they can do anything as far as get reimbursement from USPS for the delay..spending that much on ems shipping and having sal wait times is unacceptable.

Had the same thing happen with AmiAmi, and finally got my shipment from them yesterday, but I'm getting to where I just shell out for FedEx when I can, since HLJ offers that. The route from Japan to SoCal generally goes from Narita to Anchorage, then to Oakland, and finishes in Ontario CA, so you can bypass the mess of shipments going through L.A.

This bird is so gorgeous, and now it is mine!

I've waited for this day for about 7 years, only dreaming Yamato would ever make this. I could have hugged my mailcarrie-lady! Good thing I didn't, she looked like she coulda kicked my teeth in.

I must have got lucky... or N-Y got wise and started routing through JFK instead. My condolences to you folks out there still waiting for theirs. By now though you've guessed that it's worth the wait.

[

HK Collectibles has it for ~$403. That's the only place I see it in stock at. Their shipping prices are fair which is still less than $500. I think Yamato will release more of the VF-4G. They have to make money on the new mold somehow.

http://www.hkcollect...htning-iii.html

Thanks for the response. Looks like they're sold out as well, so I'll probably just have to depend on a re-release/new color scheme now. Given some of the past Yamato toys, this might not be such a bad thing.

Wow! Sorry to hear that some of my fellow collectors still haven't received their VF 4's from LA customs. I assumed that all the ones from the 31st have been delivered. BTW, when mine came, my heart sank since the shipping box was crushed on one side. Good thing that the contents were undamaged. Hopefully you all get yours before the end of the week! Once it clears customs, you should have it the next day.

I bought mine from NY and I'm still waiting here in Florida. Can anybody decipher what this means:

Date Status Details Post

office Prefecture

ZIP code

Dec 29

20:28 Posting/Collection

MATSUYAMANISHI

Ehime prefecture

791-8799

Dec 30

7:18 Arrival at outward office of exchange

OSAKA INTERNATIONAL

Osaka prefecture